Did you know that global warming affects our oceans, their inhabitants, and our economy? Increases in the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is tipping the scale toward dangerous levels in a process called ocean acidification. If we do nothing, marine life and coral reefs will disappear. If we act now, we can change the tide.
Join us on Dec. 4 at 7.30 pm for a special Library Lecture and hear what three young women and one small sea snail did to answer this important call to action. If they can do it, so can we!
* A sincere thanks to Professors Katie Zeisl, Clarissa Thompson, Michael Reisman & Nicole Ferguson for their dedication and teamwork in conducting an OUTSTANDING Virtual Celebrating Abilities 12th Annual Film Festival! It was a raving success, and so much ability was celebrated through film across the globe.
* Please enjoy College of Adaptive Arts’ new logo celebrating its historic partnership with West Valley Campus and its forward-looking vision of building Inclusive Collegiate Partnerships on every campus of higher learning one day across California, the United States, and the world!
* College of Adaptive Arts is so thankful to the San Jose Mercury News Wishbook Team for being selected as a 2020 Wishbook feature charity: https://wishbook.mercurynews.
* College of Adaptive Arts was not able to hold its wildly popular annual Golf Classic this fall at the beautiful campus of Santa Teresa Golf Course. In lieu of this annual fundraising event, the College of Adaptive Arts Mountain Movers Board of Directors would like to cordially invite you to register for The Impossible Dream Virtual Fundraising Gala happening through Zoom on Saturday, December 12 for 1 hour from 5pm-6pm: https://donate.
* College of Adaptive Arts was featured in the NewsUpNow segment this past week: https://www.youtube.com/
Save the Dates in December:
- School of Dance Year-Long Culminating Online Performance: Saturday, December 12, 3-4:30 pm – details forthcoming
- CAA Holiday Online Fundraising Auction: Saturday, December 12, 5-6 pm, Zoom in & hear CAA 2020 Student Valedictorian Oliver Motiee’s impactful speech & help raise much-needed funds for the college as we were not able to host our Fall Golf Tournament
- CAA Online Graduation & Holiday Concert: Saturday, December 19, 2-4 pm, details forthcoming
* Physical Addresses requested for December Newsletter! If you know of anyone in your network who might want to receive a physical copy of CAA’s December newsletter, please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* New CAA Swag with New Logo in time for the Holidays: CAA is finalizing a new logo to highlight our collegiate partnerships, beginning with this historic first partnership with West Valley College. We are planning to order new college swag in time for the holidays. If you have particular ideas for fun merchandise, please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Visit the West Valley Campus & take a photo in front of your new school. To date, we’ve had 2 wonderful students visit West Valley College and take a photo in front of their new school. Email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* College of Adaptive Arts has now transitioned to an Online Student Application. We ask that you go on and complete this online application with all updated information and a one-time photo consent release option for all future events and class projects. CAA Policy documents have also been updated during this time of COVID distance learning.
* Link for Daily Check-Ins at 10 am & 4 pm, each Monday – Friday as long as Shelter in Place is Happening: Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,82595739562# US (San Jose)
* If you are doing online shopping these Shelter in Place days on Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, the College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.
* Professor De has a personal bucket list goal to give a TED Talk about growing up with her sister and how it inspired her to co-found College of Adaptive Arts. She’s giving the talk each Saturday at 1:30 pm through Zoom. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.