* This is Mid-Quarter/Thanksgiving Break – they are combined each Fall Quarter. Break begins Thursday, November 18 and goes through Friday, November 26.The entire College of Adaptive Arts Mountain Movers family of lifelong learners wishes you all a safe and festive holiday break!!
*Save the Date: CAA’s Annual Graduation & Holiday Concert Choir is slated for Saturday, December 18 from 2-4pm over Zoom. Details forthcoming. The Honorable Rod Diridon, Sr. – 5-time Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors & Executive Director Emeritus of the Mineta Transportation Institute will be the keynote speaker.
* College of Adaptive Arts and West Valley College Graciously Welcome you to a West Valley Campus Walking tour throughout the day on Thursday, December 2nd – please at this link. Proof of vaccination required.
* AdminPlus: New Student Registration Portal: All families will soon receive an email with a link to a new student form, required to set up students in this new registration system. This form needs to be completed to activate the new student registration account. Once completed and submitted, the student will be set up to request the Winter Quarter classes which will be published following Thanksgiving break. Watch for an email from CAA’s Student Registrar Sarah Thrasher with the link and instructions.
* CAA’s Marketing Team has launched a new campaign called #WhyCAA – They’d like to hear from your student one 1 sentence why CAA is important to him or her and/your your family. Please email a special photo & sentence to Professor Sharon Lea, sharon.lea@
* A mother of one of the CAA hybrid in-person learners made a Directions Map for Access/VTA public transport support. She gave permission to share with other students/families who will be planning on using public transportation.
* Weekly Tours are returning to the regular time of Fridays from 1 – 4:45pm. Still currently over Zoom – heading back in the near future to in-person tours for new prospective students. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the link for Friday’s tour time of 1pm each week.
* The next CAA Class coming back hybrid in person this week: The Wednesday CAA Songwriting class with Professors Sharon and Michael. Please watch for a follow-up email for information if you or your student is registered in this class.
* A heartfelt and sincere thanks to high tech company Western Digital and the wonderful team of engineers and high-tech leaders who Zoomed in last Friday to learn Sign Language along with College of Adaptive Arts lifelong learners. We very much appreciate and thrive on community collaboration and partnerships such as Western Digital. If you’d like to send them a thank you card, please send it to Ky Begley, Western Digital, 3355 Michelson Drive, Suite 100 Irvine, CA 92612
* College of Adaptive Arts is in October’s Exceptional Parent trade magazine. Please enjoy and share widely:
* Updated Student check-in Link: This is a different link going forward than the CAA Classroom links: https://us02web.zoom.
* CAA secured the Guidestar Platinum Seal of Transparency.Thank you to the community for believing and investing in this innovative, collegiate model for adults who historically have not had access. CAA is committed to continuing to grow this educational model until it is as widespread and accessible for education as Special Olympics is for lifelong athletic opportunities.
* Here are CAA’s Bedrock Beliefs for reference and circulation.This is a living document, and we welcome your input and ideas as we continue to work together to grow this equitable, lifelong collegiate model for adults who historically have not had access.
*Here are the 2022 Quarter Dates for your calendar & reference.
*The missed class beginning 3rd absence $30 private pay attendance policy will be reinstated Winter Quarter 2022. CAA gets reimbursed from the Regional Centers only if students are in attendance. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we continue to fully operational and replicate this innovative collegiate educational model for adults who historically have not had access to college education.
*CAA is so very proud to announce it has secured its 2021 Great Nonprofits badge. Thank you to everyone who has submitted your story. We have 62 stories on the portal – we’d like to get to 100 by December 31st. We’d love for you to consider sharing your testimonial here: https://greatnonprofits.
* Watch for a follow-up email and or text this week from Professor De inquiring about submitting a headshot for your student for our new registration portal + new graphic design pop-up and confirming the primary contact designated for your student.
*Community Spotlight: Palo Alto Art Center is featuring:
The Art of Disability Culture
On View: September 11-December 11, 2021
Location: Palo Alto Art Center, 1313 Newell Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303
Gallery Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., admission is free
Accessibility Information: The Art Center facility is ADA compliant and accessible free parking is available outside the building. The Art of Disability Culture exhibition will feature numerous accessibility components to ensure that the broadest possible audience can experience the exhibition and related programs. Audio descriptions will be available for all works of art on view and will also be accessible on the website. Braille labels and audio descriptions will also be available for deaf/blind visitors. Public programs will include American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation and live captioning. Social narratives will also be provided and available online for visitors with autism. Information about our accessibility resources can be found here: www.cityofpaloalto.org/
- Exhibition Website and related events: www.cityofpaloalto.
org/Departments/Community- Services/Arts-Sciences/Palo- Alto-Art-Center/See-Art/ Exhibitions/Upcoming
*CAA on TV! Click this link to view and share the new KTVU Fox News story about the College of Adaptive Arts featuring an incredible interview with Dr. Pam:
*KTVU Fox News Giving Day – July 6 https://www.ktvu.com/video/
*Please enjoy the College of Adaptive Arts PSA created by CAA film/acting students sponsored by CreaTV/Heritage Bank: https://youtu.be/
* CAA Art Card Packs for Sale: $14 for a pack of 8 cards. Created by the exquisite CAA Student artists. Email Sue and Michele Breckenridge, bct12smb@yahoo.
Save the Dates:
Calling All Pericles Fans
Episode 4 has been filmed and is currently being edited, which means another Watch Party is being planned! Stay tuned to the Weekly Updates for a date and time.
* First slated community performance of the quarter:
Saturday, November 13 over Zoom: Community Performance for students in the Children’s Music Sing-Along Touring Troupe to perform 3 sing-along songs at the Autism Society San Francisco Bay Area 2021 Bay Area Adult Autism / DD
Virtual Conference – details forthcoming.
* CAA is now able to accept stock donations through Edward Jones. This incredible community support was made possible by the tremendous generosity of Paul Dines of Edward Jones. Email email@example.com and the 1-page pre-completed form will be sent to you if you’d like to donate stock. Please consider writing Paul a thank you card for being a true Mountain Mover for adults who historically have not had access to higher education: Paul Dines, Edward Jones, 69 Washington St., Santa Clara, CA 95050.
* CAA welcomes input and feedback. CAA has a new online form for accepting feedback – it’s the yellow button on the website homepage just below the podcast features. Please feel free to submit all feedback, including testimonials and suggestions for new classes and workshops here.
* 2021 Quarter Dates for Reference:
Fall Quarter 2021: Monday, Oct 4 – Tuesday, Dec. 21
Mid-Quarter/Thanksgiving Break: Thurs., Nov. 18 – Friday, Nov. 26 (NO CAA Classes)
* Visit the West Valley Campus & take a photo in front of your new school. To date, we’ve had 2 wonderful students visit West Valley College and take a photo in front of their new school. Here’s the map of CAA’s new home in the heart of the beautiful sprawling campus and we’ll add it to our growing list of CAA West Valley College Campus photos!
* Here are the CAA Policy documents that have been updated during this time of COVID distance learning.
* College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, the College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.