* A wonderful shout-out to CAA Student Artist Cassie Searle who submitted her incredible chalk art creations to the Virtual Luna Park Chalk Art Festival
to represent College of Adaptive Arts this past weekend.
* This if the final week of the Summer Quarter 2020. The Fall Quarter resumes on Thursday, October 1st. This is the first day of Open Registration for new prospective adult students to CAA, ages 18+, who are hungry to continue learning, growing, connecting, contributing, and becoming the best versions of themselves.
* Updated Student Application now available online! Look from an email later in the week from Executive Director DeAnna – CAA has updated its policies during the COVID distance learning time and has now transitioned the student application online using FormsPlus. CAA is asking that returning and new students complete the online application prior to the start of the Fall Quarter.
* New CAA Student Artwork greeting card packs coming soon!!! Cards will be sold in packs of 10 for $14. These are all artwork that has been created by CAA student artists during Shelter in Place time. These are a fundraiser to help CAA continue to grow and expand options for adults who historically have not had access to a college education. These card packs make wonderful holiday gifts!! Please send your card pack requests to Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Attached is the Fall 1020 Quarter Course Descriptions for reference and circulation of all 74 Fall Quarter Course Offerings. Open registration is today through Thursday, October 1st. Add/drop window for new registrants is the first 2 full weeks of class.
* CAA is striving to earn a 2020 Great NonProfits Badge: If you could Share Your Story Here, we’d be deeply obliged. We need to get 10 testimonials/stories before October 31, 2020.
* Mission Moment: A very substantial unexpected donation came in this past week from a repeat donor family. Here is the response when this family was sent a thank you:
We so appreciate everyone at CAA and how well the students are taught, loved, and cared about. They truly love CAA and their professors and look forward to learning and being an important part of the fun community you all share. The skills they learn extend way beyond CAA. I have some friends that attend classes and they share with me what they have learned about how to be respectful and to care about others. Such valuable lessons for us all. So thank YOU, and everyone at CAA for all you do to make this possible.
* Pass Along Information for Spanish-Speaking Parents from Community Partner Parents Helping Parents: Parents Helping Parent recruiting participants in their 6-week Spanish program that empowers parents of children with special needs to become advocates for system and policy level change. Read more in the email below and please forward the flyer to any Spanish speaking families you think may be interested. There is a small stipend for their participation. Please share with anyone that may be interested in this opportunity!
* You may have heard that the beloved Camp Krem did not survive the wildfires. We’d like to show support and solidarity to Alex Krem and his incredible team for all of the CAA students who have attended. If you could have your students share a story and/or draw a picture of their favorite memory from Camp Krem, we’ll be assembling a photobook for the Camp Krem Family. Here is the link for the group card link for CAA parents and students to sign : ) https://www.groupgreeting.com/sign/71f94594f14c095
* Updated Fall Quarter is available Here – up to 74 distinct course offerings for the Fall Quarter which begins Thursday, October 1st. We added a second Innercise class on Tuesday afternoons focused on Compassion with the newest CAA Professor, Certified Compassion Instructor Lineth Jezek. Also, Monday morning’s ballet class will be focusing on the Nutcracker collaborating again with awesome community partner Los Gatos Ballet.
* For Adaptive Guitar Returning & Future Students: Look for new guitars & chord buddies to be issued/delivered to you all for the Fall Quarter! Professor De & Sister Angel are driving up to Ft. Wayne, IN personally to visit Sweetwater and select some new guitars that will work with the chord buddies & stay in tune better for the duration of the class sessions! Can’t wait!
Updated Fall Quarter Schedule: Due to not wanting to mix up Regional Center POS processing with beginning/ending quarters in the same month, here’s the updated Fall Quarter Schedule for reference & circulation:
New Fall Quarter Start Date: Thursday, October 1st.
Mid-Quarter/Thanksgiving Break Combined: Thursday, Nov. 19 – Friday, Nov. 27 (Updated)
Last Day of Fall Quarter: Friday, December 18.
First Day of Winter Quarter, 2021: Monday, Jan. 4th.
* CAA has officially been given keys to our new home at West Valley Campus. If you and your student would be so inclined to send some thank you cards, there are so wonderful people that have helped make this historic collaboration possible & are helping to get the portable prepared for the students when it is safe to return physically to continue learning: Chancellor Brad Davis, Board President Susan Fish, Board Trustee Jack Lucas, and Facilities Manager Bill Taylor: West Valley-Mission Community College District, 14000 Fruitvale Ave., Saratoga, CA 95070. And if you and your student could also send thank yous to the Swenson Team helping to get the portable ready for optimal lifelong learning, we are so deeply grateful to Case Swenson & Eric Grimley, Swenson Development & Construction, 715 North First Street, San Jose 95112.
* Once your student has enrolled for his/her new and updated course choices, please be sure to email the updated Spring Quarter 2020 CAA Course Schedule to your Service Coordinator for updated POS processing. Please cc CAA POS Support MemberTeresa Montes de Oca, email@example.com.
* Link for Daily Check-Ins at 10am & 4pm, each Monday – Friday as long as Shelter in Place is Happening: Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82595739562; Meeting ID: 825 9573 9562
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,82595739562# US (San Jose)
* If you are doing online shopping these Shelter in Place days on Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.com/ – College of Adaptive Arts is listed as a 501c3 charity.
* Please enjoy CAA’s Summer Newsletter and 2019-2020 Annual Report for reference and circulation. Please send any physical mailing addresses to be added to the bi-annual mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
* Zoom Tours for new prospective students & careproviders; Professor De will be giving online tours daily for any new prospective students and their parents/decision makers. Please email email@example.com if you know of potential new students/families who might want to take a tour and register for online classes.
* Professor De has a personal bucket list goal to give a TED Talk about growing up with her sister and how it inspired her to co-found College of Adaptive Arts. She’s giving the talk each Saturday at 1:30pm through Zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to hear the live TED Talk – she will send you the Zoom link.
* CAA Honors Monthly Recurring Donors: Please visit CAA’s homepage to see the testimonials/photos of why the community is stepping up to continue grow this lifelong collegiate model – Monthly Recurring Donors are dearly appreciated and help us grow during trying times: http://www.collegeofadaptivearts.org/ Please consider spreading to your networks to see if we can continue growing our base of monthly recurring donors & thank you so much for your support. <3