* This is the start of Week 6/10 of Spring Quarter 2020. We are diligently working on building the Summer Quarter schedule which starts Monday, July 6. If you have ideas for prospective new classes you’d like to see offered, please send all suggestions to email@example.com.
* Monday, May 25 is Memorial Day – there will be no CAA classes or student check-ins on this day. Enjoy the time remembering all who gave their lives for our country and freedom.
* Save the date! Our next Library Lecture will be on June 1, 2020 from 1 to 2 pm. Stay tuned for more info here and in your email.
* New link for Daily Check-Ins at 10am & 4pm, each Monday – Friday as long as Shelter in Place is Happening: Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82595739562; Meeting ID: 825 9573 9562
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,82595739562# US (San Jose)
* Please send Student Sketches: The CAA business class has decided they’d like to turn CAA student artwork being created from home into card packs to sell to keep hope and inspiration during these times of uncertainty. Please scan in the highest res possible your student’s sketches to info@collegeofadaptivearts. Please include student name, and title of the artwork, and have your student sign the piece of artwork if possible. The business class is working on compiling art card packs and picking an amount to sell the packs for.
* Do you have specific tech needs? We are reaching out to all CAA families to see if they have the equipment/support they need to be able to access CAA’s classes from home. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 408-394-6816 with particular equipment/tech support needs you may have.
* The SARC leadership team that they have increased the number of approved classes each quarter to 12. If you could email words of thanks and gratitude to the SARC leadership team of Javier Zaldivar, Irene De La Rosa and Arushie Arushie Nugapitiya, they are the civic leaders that made this opportunity possible adults in our community eager to continue learning and growing.
* Once your student has enrolled for his/her new and updated course choices, please be sure to email the updated Spring Quarter 2020 CAA Course Schedule to your Service Coordinator for updated POS processing. Please cc CAA POS Support MemberTeresa Montes de Oca, email@example.com.
* Zoom Tours for new prospective students & careproviders; Professor De will be giving online tours daily for any new prospective students and their parents/decision makers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of potential new students/families who might want to take a tour and register for online classes this Spring Quarter of Instruction.
* Here is the Spring Quarter of Course offerings (62 in total) and Complete Course Descriptions Document. Please email Student Registrar Katie Zeisl email@example.com and Dean of Instruction Dr. Pamela Lindsay, firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or support.
* Professor De has a personal bucket list goal to give a TED Talk about growing up with her sister and how it inspired her to co-found College of Adaptive Arts. She’s giving the talk each Saturday at 1:30pm through Zoom. Please email email@example.com if you would like to hear the live TED Talk – she will send you the Zoom link.
* How do YOU Spread the Love? CAA is beginning a #CAASpreadstheLove campaign on social media
How Do You CAA Spread the Love:
- Upload a photo of you or your student spreading love with a heart sign or a photo of what you are doing at home to spread the love
- Send the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or FB Message College of Adaptive Arts to have CAA’s I CAA Watermark added to your photo
- Use the Hashtag #CAASpreadstheLove
- Tag your friends & ask them how they are spreading love & tag @CollegeofAdaptiveArts
* CAA Will Begin Posting Daily Things to Do When You’re At Home and we want your ideas/tips/links:
- Email or FB Message Us Your Ideas for Daily Posts:
- Take virtual tours of museums
- Tell us your favorite movie to watch
- Give us good art hack ideas
- Share good apps to download
- Tell us how you’re keeping healthy
* CAA Honors Monthly Recurring Donors: Please visit CAA’s homepage to see the testimonials/photos of why the community is stepping up to continue grow this lifelong collegiate model – Monthly Recurring Donors are dearly appreciated and help us grow during trying times: http://www.collegeofadaptivearts.org/ Please consider spreading to your networks to see if we can continue growing our base of monthly recurring donors & thank you so much for your support. <3
* Here’s a link to our Spring Quarter 2020 Course Description – lots of new an exciting course offerings for the upcoming quarter: April 6 – June 19, 2020.
Are you a writer? Have a wonderful experience from CAA? Have a Student who is a poet? Song Writers? Writer? Do you want to help promote CAA on our Blog page? Want to spread awareness about CAA?
Submit your blog to:email@example.com
* The Regional Center Leadership has recently approved 10-Week Quarters for 2020 + a 2 times/year POS request vs. the current 4 times/year system. This means the first 2020 POS will include Winter and Spring Quarters 2020; the second POS for the year will encompass Summer & Fall Quarters.
Full 2020 Quarter Dates Below:
• Winter Quarter: Monday, Jan. 6 – Friday, March 20 – Mid-Quarter break: 2/10- 2/14
• Spring Quarter: Monday, April 6 – Friday, June 19 – Mid- Quarter break: 5/11 – 5/15
• Summer Quarter: Monday, July 6 – Friday, September 18 – Mid-quarter break: 8/10 – 8/14
• Fall Quarter: Monday, September 28 – Friday, December 18 – Mid-quarter break: 10/26 – 10/30 & Thanksgiving break: 11/23 – 11/27