* If you are doing online shopping these Shelter in Place days on Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.
* Please enjoy CAA’s Summer Newsletter which should be arriving this week in your mailbox! If you have other friends, family, and neighbors who might want to be added to the newsletter list, we’d surely love to hear from you! 🙂
* Two new classes have been added for the summer quarter: The Joy of Ballet & the Joy of Broadway Dance, taught be CAA’s newest professor, Miss Christine Herrera from the Los Gatos Ballet Company!! Check out our updated flyer here.
* The Graduate Theatre Troupe did a MAGNIFICENT JOB this past Friday with their Shakespeare’s Midsummer Night’s Dream Performance. You are all cordially invited to the upcoming Theatre Shows this Friday the 19th at 1:30pm. Here’s a sweet parent testimonial that came in after Saturday’s Dress Rehearsal:
I would like to give a huge shout out to your very professional team of professors, in particular the theatre team. Yesterday was the dress rehearsal for the musical play CAA puts on every year. As you know they have been working on this play for 3 quarters. When the whole Shelter in Place edict came out I just figured we’d put it on at a later date or scrap it entirely. Your team completely thought out of the box and met, researched, took their personal time to work with each student individually so the play could be produced on the original date in a different format.
When they first proposed doing the play on Zoom I wasn’t real excited, but I never expressed my reservations. Man was I wrong! After the dress rehearsal I left with a new respect for the CAA theatre team and all they did to make this a great play given the situation we find ourselves in. They really did think out of the box and set our students up for success. They are Angels on Earth and have enriched not only my son’s life, but mine as well.
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the CAA family. Our lives are so much richer because of the college and the people associated with the college, students and professors alike.
* CAA’s June Fundraising Goal: CAA was not able to have its Annual Giving Luncheon at Scott’s Seafood this past May, so we’ve set a June fundraising goal of raising $10,000 by Showcasing Abilities at the following 2 Amazing Zoom Theatre Performances – please consider inviting friends, families, enemies, neighbors & colleagues to Zoom into following 2 June performances (which are free) and donating to support this small and mighty growing college model. (Extra credit given for becoming a monthly recurring donor) 🙂
CAA Summer Theatre Event: Friday, June 19
* Music Through the Decades Musical Theatre Variety Show: Friday, June 19: The Zoom house will open for the audience at 1:30 pm with the Zoom show from 2:00 pm-4:00 pm and a virtual reception following the performance. Tickets: All guests may reserve free tickets in advance through CAA’s Show, School of Theatre & Special Events Director, Katie Zeisl at katie@
RSVP Needed: Please reserve your tickets by Friday, June 12th to secure your Zoom space for the performance and so CAA has an accurate guest headcount.
The College of Adaptive Arts School of Theatre presents “Music Through the Decades Musical Theatre Variety Zoom Show”. The College of Adaptive Arts Graduate Musical Theatre students will perform an original musical theatre variety show written by CAA’s Graduate Musical Theatre Students.
Come see the show that the CAA Graduate Musical Theatre Students have been working so hard on since October 2019!!
There will also be Bay Area Professional Musical Theatre Artists who will be honored guests and give the actors positive feedback on their work right after the show. For any questions, please contact CAA’s Show, School of Theatre & Special Events Director, Katie Zeisl at katie@
* Summer Quarter Registration is Now Live in Proclass. Open enrollment for prospective new students Monday, June 15. Here is the Summer Quarter Schedule & Course Descriptions for Reference & Circulation.
* Once your student has enrolled for his/her new and updated course choices, please be sure to email the updated Spring Quarter 2020 CAA Course Schedule to your Service Coordinator for updated POS processing. Please cc CAA POS Support MemberTeresa Montes de Oca, teresa@collegeofadaptivearts.
* New link for Daily Check-Ins at 10am & 4pm, each Monday – Friday as long as Shelter in Place is Happening: Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,82595739562# US (San Jose)
*Daily Check-ins During Inter-Quarter Break: There will be Daily Check-ins the week of June 22 – 26; Professor De will be taking the week of the 4th of July off, but resuming for the Summer Quarter and continuing as long as we’re in exclusive distance learning mode. Next week (Week of June 22) we’ll do 4 extended afternoon check-ins from 4 – 5:30pm for registered & new students enrolled for the summer quarter: A Games Night, Joke Night, Art Night, & Read-Aloud YouTube Video Night – same check-in link! 🙂
* Please send Student Sketches: The CAA Business Class has decided they’d like to turn CAA student artwork being created from home into card packs to sell to keep hope and inspiration during these times of uncertainty. Please scan in the highest res possible your student’s sketches to info@collegeofadaptivearts. Please include student name, and title of the artwork, and have your student sign the piece of artwork if possible. The business class is working on compiling art card packs and picking an amount to sell the packs for.
* Do you have specific tech needs? We are reaching out to all CAA families to see if they have the equipment/support they need to be able to access CAA’s classes from home. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* The SARC leadership team that they have increased the number of approved classes each quarter to 12. If you could email words of thanks and gratitude to the SARC leadership team of Javier Zaldivar, Irene De La Rosa and Arushie Arushie Nugapitiya, they are the civic leaders that made this opportunity possible adults in our community eager to continue learning and growing.
* Zoom Tours for new prospective students & careproviders; Professor De will be giving online tours daily for any new prospective students and their parents/decision makers. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Professor De has a personal bucket list goal to give a TED Talk about growing up with her sister and how it inspired her to co-found College of Adaptive Arts. She’s giving the talk each Saturday at 1:30pm through Zoom. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* How do YOU Spread the Love? CAA is beginning a #CAASpreadstheLove campaign on social media
How Do You CAA Spread the Love:
- Upload a photo of you or your student spreading love with a heart sign or a photo of what you are doing at home to spread the love
- Send the photo to email@example.com or FB Message College of Adaptive Arts to have CAA’s I CAA Watermark added to your photo
- Use the Hashtag #CAASpreadstheLove
- Tag your friends & ask them how they are spreading love & tag @CollegeofAdaptiveArts
* CAA Will Begin Posting Daily Things to Do When You’re At Home and we want your ideas/tips/links:
- Email or FB Message Us Your Ideas for Daily Posts:
- Take virtual tours of museums
- Tell us your favorite movie to watch
- Give us good art hack ideas
- Share good apps to download
- Tell us how you’re keeping healthy
* CAA Honors Monthly Recurring Donors: Please visit CAA’s homepage to see the testimonials/photos of why the community is stepping up to continue grow this lifelong collegiate model – Monthly Recurring Donors are dearly appreciated and help us grow during trying times: http://www.
* The Regional Center Leadership has recently approved 10-Week Quarters for 2020 + a 2 times/year POS request vs. the current 4 times/year system. This means the first 2020 POS will include Winter and Spring Quarters 2020; the second POS for the year will encompass Summer & Fall Quarters.
Full 2020 Quarter Dates Below:
• Winter Quarter: Monday, Jan. 6 – Friday, March 20 – Mid-Quarter break: 2/10- 2/14
• Spring Quarter: Monday, April 6 – Friday, June 19 – Mid- Quarter break: 5/11 – 5/15
• Summer Quarter: Monday, July 6 – Friday, September 18 – Mid-quarter break: 8/10 – 8/14
• Fall Quarter: Monday, September 28 – Friday, December 18 – Mid-quarter break: 10/26 – 10/30 & Thanksgiving break: 11/23 – 11/27