* CAA has officially been given keys to our new home at West Valley Campus. If you and your student would be so inclined to send some thank you cards, there are so wonderful people that have helped make this historic collaboration possible & are helping to get the portable prepared for the students when it is safe to return physically to continue learning:
Chancellor Brad Davis, Board President Susan Fish, Board Trustee Jack Lucas, and Facilities Manager Bill Taylor: West Valley Mission Community College District, 14000 Fruitvale Ave., Saratoga, CA 95070. And if you and your student could also send thank yous to the Swenson Team helping to get the portable ready for optimal lifelong learning, we are so deeply grateful to Case Sweson & Eric Grimley, Swenson Development & Construction, 715 North First Street, San Jose 95112.
* The Summer Quarter is fully underway now with set classes & over 70 learning opportunities each week. CAA is committed to providing an equitable lifelong collegiate environment for eager adult learners hungry to continue learning and becoming the best versions of themselves!
* The SVO Leadership Cohort has selected College of Adaptive Arts as their organization to support. One of the leaders visited a dance class class last week, and here was his observations:
That was totally awesome. I truly enjoyed the upbeat and totally engaging session. It was equally impressive to note how much engaged, happy, and energized your students were. I loved the applaud by the professors and reinforcement of great attitude. I could sense the respect and trust by each student towards each other and the professor. Thank you for allowing me to sit and observe this class…as it provided a very different paradigm and respect for the program that you are doing. You all are truly making a difference 🙂
* Once your student has enrolled for his/her new and updated course choices, please be sure to email the updated Spring Quarter 2020 CAA Course Schedule to your Service Coordinator for updated POS processing. Please cc CAA POS Support MemberTeresa Montes de Oca, teresa@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Link for Daily Check-Ins at 10am & 4pm, each Monday – Friday as long as Shelter in Place is Happening: Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,82595739562# US (San Jose)
* If you are doing online shopping these Shelter in Place days on Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.
* Please enjoy CAA’s Summer Newsletter and 2019-2020 Annual Report for reference and circulation. Please send any physical mailing addresses to be added to the bi-annual mailing address to email@example.com 🙂
* CAA is striving to earn a 2020 Great NonProfits Badge: If you could Share Your Story Here, we’d be deeply obliged. We need to get 10 testimonials/stories before October 31, 2020.
* Zoom Tours for new prospective students & careproviders; Professor De will be giving online tours daily for any new prospective students and their parents/decision makers. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Professor De has a personal bucket list goal to give a TED Talk about growing up with her sister and how it inspired her to co-found College of Adaptive Arts. She’s giving the talk each Saturday at 1:30pm through Zoom. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* CAA Honors Monthly Recurring Donors: Please visit CAA’s homepage to see the testimonials/photos of why the community is stepping up to continue grow this lifelong collegiate model – Monthly Recurring Donors are dearly appreciated and help us grow during trying times: http://www.
* The Regional Center Leadership has recently approved 10-Week Quarters for 2020 + a 2 times/year POS request vs. the current 4 times/year system. This means the first 2020 POS will include Winter and Spring Quarters 2020; the second POS for the year will encompass Summer & Fall Quarters.
Full 2020 Quarter Dates Below:
• Summer Quarter: Monday, July 6 – Friday, September 18 – Mid-quarter break: 8/10 – 8/14
• Fall Quarter: TBD – we will be starting now in October vs. the month of September – more detailed information forthcoming