* Happy Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day! There are no CAA classes today in honor of Dr. King’s National Holiday. We will be conducting a Library Lecture Series today from 1:30 – 2:30 pm:
Library Lecture Series presents:
Give peace a dance…
January 18, 1.30–2.30 pm
via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/
2021 may have gotten off to a rocky start but its first Library Lecture will be peaceful with a bit of dancing (see the flyer for more details) and will hopefully set the tone for the rest of the year. RSVP with an email to suzanne@collegeofadaptivearts.
* This is Week 3 of the Winter Quarter of Instruction. CAA classes are now closed for the rest of the quarter to maintain the integrity of the learning environment. Pending students who have taken tours in the first two weeks will be enrolled this quarter once their intake meeting has occurred. Tours will continue throughout the quarter for prospective students/families who are interested in possibly registering for the Spring Quarter which will begin the first week of April 2021. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Daily check-ins continue during Shelter in Place each day at 10am & 4pm for CAA enrolled students & prospective students: https://us02web.
* Wait LIst emails have now been sent out if we have not received a Regional Center POS. Your student will immediately be taken off the Wait List as soon as a screenshot of the submission is sent. Please have your Service Coordinator email confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Pass Along Information: Items of interest from the Matthew Foundation regarding the vaccine and people with intellectual disabilities or Down syndrome:
COVID-19 Virtual Series: Update COVID & Down Syndrome; DSMIG-USA Vaccination Position Statement and Trisomy 21 Research Society COVID & Down Syndrome Survey
* Please enjoy the December 2020 Newsletter for reference and circulation.
* CAA welcomes input and feedback. We have updated our feedback forms as we continually strive to improve this lifelong equitable collegiate model of higher education currently happening exclusively online during these COVID times. Here is the input form in Word & pdf versions
* 2021 Quarter Dates for Reference:
Winter Quarter 2021: Monday, Jan 4 – Friday, March 19
Mid-Quarter Break: Feb 8 – 12 (NO CAA Classes)
Spring Quarter 2021: Monday, April 5 – Friday, June 18
Mid-Quarter Break: May 10 – 14 (NO CAA Classes)
Summer Quarter 2021: Monday, July 5 – Friday, Sept 17
Mid-Quarter Break: Aug 9 – 13 (NO CAA Classes)
Fall Quarter 2021: Monday, Oct 4 – Tuesday, Dec. 21
Mid-Quarter/Thanksgiving Break: Thurs., Nov. 18 – Friday, Nov. 26 (NO CAA Classes)
* Visit the West Valley Campus & take a photo in front of your new school. To date, we’ve had 2 wonderful students visit West Valley College and take a photo in front of their new school. Email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* College of Adaptive Arts has now transitioned to an Online Student Application. We ask that you go on and complete this online application with all updated information and a one-time photo consent release option for all future events and class projects. CAA Policy documents have also been updated during this time of COVID distance learning.
* Link for Daily Check-Ins at 10 am & 4 pm, each Monday – Friday as long as Shelter in Place is Happening: Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,82595739562# US (San Jose)
* If you are doing online shopping these Shelter in Place days on Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, the College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.