*Today is Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. CAA will not be holding classes due to this National Holiday of celebrating Dr. King’s birthday.
*Seeking CAA Student Ambassadors: This Thursday, January 20 at 5pm CAA will be hosting a virtual tour for the Women Educators of Delta Kappa Gamma. We welcome students to join the online tour as Student Ambassadors – please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
*Due to the significant COVID spike due to the Omicron variant, the Winter Quarter classes will begin exclusively online. We are committed to bringing back hybrid classes at 50% capacity in the coming weeks when it’s safe to do so. We sincerely appreciate your patience and support during these tumultuous times.
*We’d like to give a sincere shout-out to CAA Student Registrar Sarah Thrasher, her wonderful sister & Director of Theatre Hannah Thrasher, Bobbi Tafoya, CAA’s Payroll & Invoicing Specialist, and Dr. Pam Lindsay, Dean of Instruction, who have worked tirelessly behind the scenes getting the CAA Superstaff trained up and have learned the new PlusPortals/Rediker registration system to allow this innovative collegiate model to be able to scale and effectively reach more adults who have not had access to college education.
*We sincerely thank all of the students, parents, and careproviders who have stuck with us through the new Registration PlusPortals system. This is going to be a robust tool for learning and support as we all continue learning its features. Look for your student’s Course Schedule in the Parent portal E-Locker (details below) to download and send to your Regional Center Service Coordinator for POS processing – we are here to help! 🙂
*These first 2 weeks of classes are the add/drop period for registered students. We are here to work with you and your student to get into the available classes, try out new classes of interest, and send updated CAA classes schedules for Regional Center POS processing.
*The You Are Not Alone/YANA Student Check-in is Tuesdays at 4pm & Thursdays at 10am – it shows up on Mondays in the schedule, but the actual times are Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is now a class to register for – here’s the updated CAA Zoom link for student check-ins: https://us02web.
*Access the CAA Student Schedule in PortalsPlus E-Locker:
We are very excited to announce that we’ve rolled out a new feature earlier than planned – you can now view and download your class schedule directly from your portals!
To view your class schedule after it’s been processed (takes up to 1 week):
Check the E-Locker tab in the upper left menu bar of your portal, then choose the download button on the right. You’re all set!
Summary of Next Steps:
- Connect with Bobbi Tafoya from our amazing Billing Team about tuition, POS verification, and Zoom links
- Zoom links will be released closer to the start of the quarter to those whose POS verification has been received by Bobbi Tafoya
- See the Course Request Form submission follow-up email for detailed instructions about next steps
- Expected processing times are 1 week after form submissions
- The Billing Team is on hand to help you with Zoom links, the POS process, regional center communications, or private pay tuition. The Office of the Registrar is not responsible for these processes
Thank you for your flexibility as we continue to build new and exciting offerings for our CAA community. We are truly Moving Mountains!
All the best, Sarah – CAA Student Registrar
* Here are the links for the Winter Quarter 2022 Class Schedule, the Winter Quarter Course Descriptions Catalog, and the updated 2022 4-Quarter Dates with an updated start date of Monday, January 10, 2022.
* CAA’s Marketing Team has launched a new campaign called #WhyCAA – They’d like to hear from your student one 1 sentence why CAA is important to him or her and/your family. Please email a special photo & sentence to Professor Sharon Lea, sharon.lea@
* Weekly Tours are returning to the regular time of Fridays from 1 – 1:45pm currently through Zoom. Here’s the tour link to register for Weekly Tours: CAA Weekly Tours – Campaign (collegeofadaptivearts.org)
* Here are CAA’s Bedrock Beliefs for reference and circulation. This is a living document, and we welcome your input and ideas as we continue to work together to grow this equitable, lifelong collegiate model for adults who historically have not had access.
*The missed class beginning 3rd absence $30 private pay attendance policy is now back in effect. CAA gets reimbursed from the Regional Centers only if students are in attendance. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we continue to fully operational and replicate this innovative collegiate educational model for adults who historically have not had access to college education.
* CAA welcomes input and feedback. CAA has a new online form for accepting feedback – it’s the yellow button on the website homepage just below the podcast features. Please feel free to submit all feedback, including testimonials and suggestions for new classes and workshops here.
* Visit the West Valley Campus & take a photo in front of your new school. To date, we’ve had 2 wonderful students visit West Valley College and take a photo in front of their new school. Here’s the map of CAA’s new home in the heart of the beautiful sprawling campus and we’ll add it to our growing list of CAA West Valley College Campus photos!
* Here are the CAA Policy documents that have been updated during this time of COVID distance learning.
* College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, the College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.