* Tomorrow is #GivingTuesday. College of Adaptive Arts is so proud to be a part of a downtown collective of Arts organizations raising much-needed funds for the arts community during these COVID times. Here is the video link featuring CAA 2020 Student Valedictorian Oliver Motiee representing the College: https://youtu.be/
* This Friday, December 4: Library Lecture Series presents…
Did you know that global warming affects our oceans, their inhabitants, and our economy? Increases in the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is tipping the scale toward dangerous levels in a process called ocean acidification. If we do nothing, marine life and coral reefs will disappear. If we act now, we can change the tide.
Join us on Dec. 4 at 7.30 pm for a special Library Lecture and hear what three young women and one small sea snail did to answer this important call to action. If they can do it, so can we!
* College of Adaptive Arts is so very proud to announce that we received a grant from the Rotary Club of San Jose Foundation for the underwriting of the new Community Observation deck currently being built at our new site at West Valley College. If you would like to write a thank you letter to the Foundation leadership, the Foundation members would love to hear from the students: Rotary Club of San Jose Foundation, Clarence Stone, President of the Board, Christine Burroughs, Sarah Clish: 1690 Senter Road, San Jose, CA 95112.
* College of Adaptive Arts is proud to announce that it received a grant earlier in the year from the Farrington Historical Foundation for Student Scholarships. If your student could write a thank you card to the leadership, they would love to hear from the students: Farrington Historical Foundation, 1615 Dry Creek Rd, San Jose, CA 95125.
* Winter Quarter Registration will be open to currently registered students beginning next Monday, Dec. 7. Winter Quarter begins on Monday, January 4. Stay tuned for the new quarter schedule coming later this week on the website.
* Updated Regional Center POS Policy: All POSs need to be in place by the end of the first week of instruction. Any student after the first week whose POS is not in place will be put on the Wait List for classes until receipt of POS is confirmed. Please have your Service Coordinator send a screenshot of the submission to teresa@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Please enjoy College of Adaptive Arts’ new logo celebrating its historic partnership with West Valley Campus and its forward-looking vision of building Inclusive Collegiate Partnerships on every campus of higher learning one day across California, the United States, and the world!
* College of Adaptive Arts is so thankful to the San Jose Mercury News Wishbook Team for being selected as a 2020 Wishbook feature charity: https://wishbook.mercurynews.
* College of Adaptive Arts was not able to hold its wildly popular annual Golf Classic this fall at the beautiful campus of Santa Teresa Golf Course. In lieu of this annual fundraising event, the College of Adaptive Arts Mountain Movers Board of Directors would like to cordially invite you to register for The Impossible Dream Virtual Fundraising Gala happening through Zoom on Saturday, December 12 for 1 hour from 5 pm-6 pm: https://donate.
* College of Adaptive Arts was featured in the NewsUpNow segment: https://www.youtube.
Save the Dates in December:
- School of Dance Year-Long Culminating Online Performance: Saturday, December 12, 3-4:30 pm – details forthcoming
- CAA Holiday Online Fundraising Auction: Saturday, December 12, 5-6 pm, Zoom in & hear CAA 2020 Student Valedictorian Oliver Motiee’s impactful speech & help raise much-needed funds for the college as we were not able to host our Fall Golf Tournament
- CAA Online Graduation & Holiday Concert: Saturday, December 19, 2-4 pm, details forthcoming
* New CAA Student Artwork greeting card packs are here and ready for sale in time for the Holiday Season! Cards will be sold in packs of 10 for $14. These are all artwork that has been created by CAA student artists during Shelter in Place time. These are a fundraiser to help CAA continue to grow and expand options for adults who historically have not had access to a college education. These card packs make wonderful holiday gifts!! Please send your card pack requests to Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Physical Addresses requested for December Newsletter! If you know of anyone in your network who might want to receive a physical copy of CAA’s December newsletter, please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* New CAA Swag with New Logo in time for the Holidays: CAA is finalizing a new logo to highlight our collegiate partnerships, beginning with this historic first partnership with West Valley College. We are planning to order new college swag in time for the holidays. If you have particular ideas for fun merchandise, please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Visit the West Valley Campus & take a photo in front of your new school. To date, we’ve had 2 wonderful students visit West Valley College and take a photo in front of their new school. Email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* College of Adaptive Arts has now transitioned to an Online Student Application. We ask that you go on and complete this online application with all updated information and a one-time photo consent release option for all future events and class projects. CAA Policy documents have also been updated during this time of COVID distance learning.
* Link for Daily Check-Ins at 10 am & 4 pm, each Monday – Friday as long as Shelter in Place is Happening: Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,82595739562# US (San Jose)
* If you are doing online shopping these Shelter in Place days on Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, the College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.