* This is Week 5/10 of the Spring Quarter 2020. The Add/Drop window for the Spring Quarter is now closed. Next week will be mid-quarter break — no CAA classes happening the week of May 10 – 14. Tours are conducted weekly for any prospective students/family members who would for the summer quarter which begins the first week of July. Email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* The College of Adaptive Arts School of Dance Presents Carnival Virtual Dance Party Parade Event on Thursday, May 13th from 3:00 pm-4:00 pm on Zoom Webinar. Flyer attached for reference & circulation.
It’s Carnival! Join the virtual party and dance along with the CAA School of Dance Students! Come and view live virtual immersive carnival parade performances with the CAA School of Dance Students.
Students from the Graduate Dance 1 Carnival and the Contemporary and Cultural Dance classes will lead fun and festive dances for everyone to follow! Students from the rest of the CAA School of Dance Classes will participate and dance along in these fun numbers as well.
To reserve tickets please go to https://donate.
Tickets are free of charge; donations encouraged.
Registered guests will receive an email confirmation with the Zoom information right after they register for the event.
For general information, or questions please contact:
Katie Zeisl, Director, CAA School of Theatre & Special Events at katie@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Thank you all for your tremendous support of CAA’s online Impossible Dream Gala in April. Here is the YouTube video of the Gala if you didn’t get to attend in person. We have so far raised $61,000 of our $75,000 Annual Giving Goal. If you know of others in your network who might want to support this mission, they can donate at this link. College of Adaptive Arts moves mountains for adults who historically haven’t had access to a lifelong college educational experience.
* If you are part of a Regional Center, past & current POS’s need to be in place by the start of the quarter or your student will be temporarily placed in Wait List status until POS submission is confirmed. Please email bobbi@collegeofadaptivearts.
* From our Community Friends from Inclusive World: Another Opportunity to become Successful Contributing Citizens: The mission of Inclusive World is to identify and nurture the hidden potential in differently abled youth, motivate and mold them to be productive citizens of the world. We follow Person Centered Practices, focusing on people, their abilities, and interests, not disabilities. We offer vocational skills and employment services focusing on empowering our members to acquire employable skills. Our programs are pivoted on a peer buddy model nurturing friendship and trust to build inclusive communities. To learn more, visit www.inclusiveworld.org
* Spring Library Lecture Series Lineup – Save the Dates
Spring is in the air and that means a new quarter begins, new classes, and new Library Lectures! Save these dates and stay tuned for more details!
- May 24: Abracadabra! a magic show where the audience might learn a trick or two.
- June 7: Let it grow, for those with (or without) green thumbs
* CAA is proud to announce a new campaign: #ShareYourCAAStory. We want to hear from YOU how CAA has impacted your life – whether you and your student begun with us that first summer in 2009 or whether you are brand new to this lifelong, equitable collegiate model. CAA is in the process of setting up a TikTok account for sharing CAA stories & reaching a broader audience to learn about this innovative, lifelong educational model. Written stories are also welcomed – please email your story to Professor Sharon, sharon.lea@
* CAA is now able to accept stock donations through Edward Jones. This incredible community support was made possible by the tremendous generosity of Paul Dines of Edward Jones. Email email@example.com and the 1-page pre-completed form will be sent to you if you’d like to donate stock. Please consider writing Paul a thank you card for being a true Mountain Mover for adults who historically have not had access to higher education: Paul Dines, Edward Jones, 69 Washington St., Santa Clara, CA 95050.
* Daily check-ins continue during Shelter in Place each day at 10am & 4pm for CAA enrolled students & prospective students:
* The CAA Walking Team, parent-volunteer run, and lead, is happening most Saturday mornings at 8:30 am in the community. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
* CAA welcomes input and feedback. CAA has a new online form for accepting feedback – it’s the yellow button on the website homepage just below the podcast features. Please feel free to submit all feedback, including testimonials and suggestions for new classes and workshops here.
* 2021 Quarter Dates for Reference:
Spring Quarter 2021: Monday, April 5 – Friday, June 18
Mid-Quarter Break: May 10 – 14 (NO CAA Classes)
Summer Quarter 2021: Monday, July 5 – Friday, Sept 17
Mid-Quarter Break: Aug 9 – 13 (NO CAA Classes)
Fall Quarter 2021: Monday, Oct 4 – Tuesday, Dec. 21
Mid-Quarter/Thanksgiving Break: Thurs., Nov. 18 – Friday, Nov. 26 (NO CAA Classes)
* Visit the West Valley Campus & take a photo in front of your new school. To date, we’ve had two wonderful students visit West Valley College and take a photo in front of their new school. Here’s the map of CAA’s new home in the heart of the beautiful sprawling campus and we’ll add it to our growing list of CAA West Valley College Campus photos!
* Here are the CAA Policy documents that have been updated during this time of COVID distance learning.
* If you are doing online shopping these Shelter in Place days on Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, the College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.