* This Monday, June 1, is Library Lecture day!
You are cordially invited to an afternoon concert of Disney movie tunes and the best part is that everyone gets a front row seat! Our guest, Suzanne Marie, is no stranger to the stage, having performed in numerous musicals, including Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat
, where she won Best Actress for her portrayal of Eva Perón. See the attached flyer for more details.
For this Library Lecture, she will sing songs from your favorite Disney movies. She will also answer questions about singing, home recording studios, the videos she makes, and there just might be a sing-along.
Come one, come all, just RSVP to me at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28, 2020.
* Summer Quarter Registration is Now Live in Proclass. Currently enrolled students are welcomed to register now through Sunday, June 14; Open enrollment for prospective new students Monday, June 15. Here is the Summer Quarter Schedule & Course Descriptions for Reference & Circulation.
* Seeking Mailing Addresses for CAA’s summer newsletter. CAA will be mailing out the summer newsletter in teh coming weeks. If you or someone you know would like to be added to the physical address mailing list, please email DeAnna this week at email@example.com.
* Professor Jay Torres will be focusing exclusively on Latizmo Hip Hop Productions. She has been an integral professor at CAA for the past 8 years, we could not be more proud of the growth, progress, and vision for her business. CAA will give outside credits to students in her classes. We look forward to working closely with Latizmo Hip Hop Productions in the community to continue showcasing and highlighting authentic abilities of incredible performers!
CAA Summer Theatre Event #1:
* College of Adaptive Arts School of Theatre Presents “A Midsummer Night’s Dream Zoom Show” on Friday, June 12th from 2:30 pm-4:00 pm: Tickets: All guests may reserve free tickets in advance through CAA’s Show, School of Theatre & Special Events Director, Katie Zeisl at firstname.lastname@example.org, through the CAA Website, or through the direct ticket link at https://donate.collegeofadaptivearts.org/AMidsummerNightsDream
RSVP Needed: Please reserve your tickets by Friday, June 5th to secure your Zoom space for the performance and so CAA has an accurate guest headcount.
The College of Adaptive Arts Graduate Theatre Troupe students will perform an adapted version of William Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”. Our talented cast of Shakespearean actors will amaze and inspire you as they perform this theatrical comedy with a fun 1980’s theme.
The Zoom house will open for the audience at 2:30 pm with the Zoom show from 3:00 pm-4:00 pm and a virtual reception following the performance.
There will also be Bay Area Professional Theatre Artists from Silicon Valley Shakespeare Company and Stanford Shakespeare Company who will be honored guests and give the actors positive feedback on their work right after the show.
CAA Summer Theatre Event #2:
* Music Through the Decades Musical Theatre Variety Show: Friday, June 19: The Zoom house will open for the audience at 1:30 pm with the Zoom show from 2:00 pm-4:00 pm and a virtual reception following the performance. Tickets: All guests may reserve free tickets in advance through CAA’s Show, School of Theatre & Special Events Director, Katie Zeisl at email@example.com, through the CAA Website, or through the direct ticket link at https://donate.collegeofadaptivearts.org/MusicalTheatreVarietyShow
RSVP Needed: Please reserve your tickets by Friday, June 12th to secure your Zoom space for the performance and so CAA has an accurate guest headcount.
The College of Adaptive Arts School of Theatre presents “Music Through the Decades Musical Theatre Variety Zoom Show”. The College of Adaptive Arts Graduate Musical Theatre students will perform an original musical theatre variety show written by CAA’s Graduate Musical Theatre Students.
Come see the show that the CAA Graduate Musical Theatre Students have been working so hard on since October 2019!!
There will also be Bay Area Professional Musical Theatre Artists who will be honored guests and give the actors positive feedback on their work right after the show. For any questions, please contact CAA’s Show, School of Theatre & Special Events Director, Katie Zeisl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* New link for Daily Check-Ins at 10am & 4pm, each Monday – Friday as long as Shelter in Place is Happening: Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82595739562; Meeting ID: 825 9573 9562
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,82595739562# US (San Jose)
* Please send Student Sketches: The CAA Business Class has decided they’d like to turn CAA student artwork being created from home into card packs to sell to keep hope and inspiration during these times of uncertainty. Please scan in the highest res possible your student’s sketches to info@collegeofadaptivearts. Please include student name, and title of the artwork, and have your student sign the piece of artwork if possible. The business class is working on compiling art card packs and picking an amount to sell the packs for.
* Do you have specific tech needs? We are reaching out to all CAA families to see if they have the equipment/support they need to be able to access CAA’s classes from home. Please email email@example.com or call her at 408-394-6816 with particular equipment/tech support needs you may have.
* The SARC leadership team that they have increased the number of approved classes each quarter to 12. If you could email words of thanks and gratitude to the SARC leadership team of Javier Zaldivar, Irene De La Rosa and Arushie Arushie Nugapitiya, they are the civic leaders that made this opportunity possible adults in our community eager to continue learning and growing.
* Once your student has enrolled for his/her new and updated course choices, please be sure to email the updated Spring Quarter 2020 CAA Course Schedule to your Service Coordinator for updated POS processing. Please cc CAA POS Support MemberTeresa Montes de Oca, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Zoom Tours for new prospective students & careproviders; Professor De will be giving online tours daily for any new prospective students and their parents/decision makers. Please email email@example.com if you know of potential new students/families who might want to take a tour and register for online classes this Spring Quarter of Instruction.
* Here is the Spring Quarter of Course offerings (62 in total) and Complete Course Descriptions Document. Please email Student Registrar Katie Zeisl firstname.lastname@example.org and Dean of Instruction Dr. Pamela Lindsay, email@example.com for any questions or support.
* Professor De has a personal bucket list goal to give a TED Talk about growing up with her sister and how it inspired her to co-found College of Adaptive Arts. She’s giving the talk each Saturday at 1:30pm through Zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to hear the live TED Talk – she will send you the Zoom link.
* How do YOU Spread the Love? CAA is beginning a #CAASpreadstheLove campaign on social media
How Do You CAA Spread the Love:
- Upload a photo of you or your student spreading love with a heart sign or a photo of what you are doing at home to spread the love
- Send the photo to email@example.com or FB Message College of Adaptive Arts to have CAA’s I CAA Watermark added to your photo
- Use the Hashtag #CAASpreadstheLove
- Tag your friends & ask them how they are spreading love & tag @CollegeofAdaptiveArts
* CAA Will Begin Posting Daily Things to Do When You’re At Home and we want your ideas/tips/links:
- Email or FB Message Us Your Ideas for Daily Posts:
- Take virtual tours of museums
- Tell us your favorite movie to watch
- Give us good art hack ideas
- Share good apps to download
- Tell us how you’re keeping healthy
* CAA Honors Monthly Recurring Donors: Please visit CAA’s homepage to see the testimonials/photos of why the community is stepping up to continue grow this lifelong collegiate model – Monthly Recurring Donors are dearly appreciated and help us grow during trying times: http://www.collegeofadaptivearts.org/ Please consider spreading to your networks to see if we can continue growing our base of monthly recurring donors & thank you so much for your support. <3
* Here’s a link to our Spring Quarter 2020 Course Description – lots of new an exciting course offerings for the upcoming quarter: April 6 – June 19, 2020.
Are you a writer? Have a wonderful experience from CAA? Have a Student who is a poet? Song Writers? Writer? Do you want to help promote CAA on our Blog page? Want to spread awareness about CAA?
Submit your blog to:firstname.lastname@example.org
* The Regional Center Leadership has recently approved 10-Week Quarters for 2020 + a 2 times/year POS request vs. the current 4 times/year system. This means the first 2020 POS will include Winter and Spring Quarters 2020; the second POS for the year will encompass Summer & Fall Quarters.
Full 2020 Quarter Dates Below:
• Winter Quarter: Monday, Jan. 6 – Friday, March 20 – Mid-Quarter break: 2/10- 2/14
• Spring Quarter: Monday, April 6 – Friday, June 19 – Mid- Quarter break: 5/11 – 5/15
• Summer Quarter: Monday, July 6 – Friday, September 18 – Mid-quarter break: 8/10 – 8/14
• Fall Quarter: Monday, September 28 – Friday, December 18 – Mid-quarter break: 10/26 – 10/30 & Thanksgiving break: 11/23 – 11/27