* A true and sincere thank you to School of Theatre Director Katie Zeisl and her fabulous team of Professors Hannah Thrasher and Nicole Matarangas for doing such a fabulous job working tirelessly to set the actors and performers up for optimal success for these 2 Zoom theatre performances. Here are some sweet testimonials that came through:
I just attending this live Zoom theater performance. The actors were truly amazing, For Real. Very expressive and everyone had so much fun performing. I can’t wait for the next event. Are you looking for an organization to support? Look no further. https://donate.
Hello Katie: You, Nicole, and Hannah did a really wonderful job directing, choreographing, narrating, and producing both performances. I really enjoyed watching each of them. I also loved the professionals you brought in at the beginning and end of the shows to greet everyone and to give positive feedback to each of the performers. As my friend Monica Pal texted me while watching “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” watching the actors was like watching the human spirit in action.
* There are no CAA classes for the next 2 weeks, but Student Check-ins will continue. These check-ins are for currently registered CAA students & new summer quarter CAA students.
* If you are doing online shopping these Shelter in Place days on Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.
* Please enjoy CAA’s Summer Newsletter which should be arriving this week in your mailbox! If you have other friends, family, and neighbors who might want to be added to the newsletter list, we’d surely love to hear from you! 🙂
* Two new classes have been added for the summer quarter: The Joy of Ballet & the Joy of Broadway Dance, taught be CAA’s newest professor, Miss Christine Herrera from the Los Gatos Ballet Company!! Here’s the Updated Summer Course Roster for reference and circulation.
* Summer Quarter Registration is Now Live in Proclass. Open enrollment for is active now – please refer CAA to other adults out there that may be interested in continuing their lifelong education journey online during this time. Here is the Summer Quarter Schedule & Course Descriptions for Reference & Circulation. Summer Quarter resumes Monday, July 6, 2020.
* Once your student has enrolled for his/her new and updated course choices, please be sure to email the updated Spring Quarter 2020 CAA Course Schedule to your Service Coordinator for updated POS processing. Please cc CAA POS Support MemberTeresa Montes de Oca, teresa@collegeofadaptivearts.
* New link for Daily Check-Ins at 10am & 4pm, each Monday – Friday as long as Shelter in Place is Happening: Join Zoom Meeting
* Please send Student Sketches: The CAA Business Class has decided they’d like to turn CAA student artwork being created from home into card packs to sell to keep hope and inspiration during these times of uncertainty. Please scan in the highest res possible your student’s sketches to info@collegeofadaptivearts. Please include student name, and title of the artwork, and have your student sign the piece of artwork if possible. The business class is working on compiling art card packs and picking an amount to sell the packs for.
* Do you have specific tech needs? We are reaching out to all CAA families to see if they have the equipment/support they need to be able to access CAA’s classes from home. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* The SARC leadership team that they have increased the number of approved classes each quarter to 12. If you could email words of thanks and gratitude to the SARC leadership team of Javier Zaldivar, Irene De La Rosa and Arushie Arushie Nugapitiya, they are the civic leaders that made this opportunity possible adults in our community eager to continue learning and growing.
* Zoom Tours for new prospective students & careproviders; Professor De will be giving online tours daily for any new prospective students and their parents/decision makers. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Professor De has a personal bucket list goal to give a TED Talk about growing up with her sister and how it inspired her to co-found College of Adaptive Arts. She’s giving the talk each Saturday at 1:30pm through Zoom. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* How do YOU Spread the Love? CAA is beginning a #CAASpreadstheLove campaign on social media
* CAA Will Begin Posting Daily Things to Do When You’re At Home and we want your ideas/tips/links:
* CAA Honors Monthly Recurring Donors: Please visit CAA’s homepage to see the testimonials/photos of why the community is stepping up to continue grow this lifelong collegiate model – Monthly Recurring Donors are dearly appreciated and help us grow during trying times: http://www.
* The Regional Center Leadership has recently approved 10-Week Quarters for 2020 + a 2 times/year POS request vs. the current 4 times/year system. This means the first 2020 POS will include Winter and Spring Quarters 2020; the second POS for the year will encompass Summer & Fall Quarters.
Full 2020 Quarter Dates Below: