* A huge shout-out to the Graduate Theatre Actors for their exquisite performance this past Saturday of Shakespeare’s As You Like It! They absolutely nailed it!!! They have been working so hard for 3 quarters, and their acting skills continue to strengthen and blossom! A huge Shout-out to Professor Katie Zeisl and her team for always setting the CAA actors up for optimal success!!! And thank you to our professional community actor friends who came in and gave such rich and invigorating input to each of the College of Adaptive Arts stage actors.
* Please enjoy and share the College of Adaptive Arts Summer Newsletter. A physical copy will be sent out in the mail in the coming week. Please email Anthony at email@example.com if you’d like to be added to the mailing list.
* The Summer Quarter Current Student Registration is en full force! Attached is the pdf for circulation and reference and Summer Quarter Course Catalog. Katie and Sarah will be working collaboratively over the next 6 weeks as Sarah transitions into the role of Student Registrar. Please be sure to send them both a note for their incredible work and dedication during this time of growth and development. Early registration is open now to currently registered students; Open registration for new students begins Monday, June 21. Summer Quarter begins Monday, July 5.
* Another Phenomenal Zoom Production happening THIS SATURDAY, June 26, 2-4 pm over Zoom – free to everyone!!!
CAA School of Theatre Graduate Musical
“The Beach Retreat” Virtual Show Description:
The College of Adaptive Arts School of Theatre presents the Graduate Musical Theatre
The College of Adaptive Arts Graduate Musical Theatre Classes students will perform an original musical theatre production that they wrote and rehearsed.
Come see the show that the CAA Graduate Musical Theatre Classes Students have been working so hard on since October 2020!!
The house will open for the audience at 1:45 pm with the Virtual Show from 2:00 pm-3:30 pm with a virtual reception from 3:30 pm-4:00 pm following the performance.
There will also be Bay Area Professional Musical Theatre Artists who will be honored guests and give the actors positive feedback on their work right after the show.
To reserve tickets please go to:
Tickets are free of charge; donations encouraged.
Registered guests will receive an email confirmation with the Zoom Webinar information right after they register for the event.
For general information, or questions please contact:
Katie Zeisl, Director, CAA School of Theatre & Special Events at
Thanks so much and we really look forward to seeing you at the show!!
* CAA will begin introducing hybrid in-person classes throughout the course of the Summer Quarter as the site is diligently being prepared for the students and in-person learning. It will be a soft-reopening with more classes being added to in-person learning over the course of the summer quarter. We will begin having bi-weekly Zoom meetings to let you know the latest and greatest developments beginning the first week of July.
* We will have a Celebrating Katie Zeisl Zoom party on Saturday, July 17 from 3-4 pm over this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/
* CAA Art Card Packs for Sale: $14 for a pack of 8 cards. Created by the exquisite CAA Student artists. Email Sue and Michele Breckenridge, bct12smb@yahoo.
* CAA is proud to announce a new campaign: #ShareYourCAAStory. We want to hear from YOU how CAA has impacted your life – whether you and your student began with us that first summer in 2009 or whether you are brand new to this lifelong, equitable collegiate model. CAA is in the process of setting up a TikTok account for sharing CAA stories & reaching a broader audience to learn about this innovative, lifelong educational model. Written stories are also welcomed – please email your story to Professor Sharon, sharon.lea@
* CAA is now able to accept stock donations through Edward Jones. This incredible community support was made possible by the tremendous generosity of Paul Dines of Edward Jones. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and the 1-page pre-completed form will be sent to you if you’d like to donate stock. Please consider writing Paul a thank you card for being a true Mountain Mover for adults who historically have not had access to higher education: Paul Dines, Edward Jones, 69 Washington St., Santa Clara, CA 95050.
* Daily check-ins continue during Shelter in Place each day at 10 am & 4 pm for CAA enrolled students & prospective students:
* The CAA Walking Team, parent-volunteer run, and lead, is happening most Saturday mornings at 8:30 am in the community. Please email email@example.com for further information
* CAA welcomes input and feedback. CAA has a new online form for accepting feedback – it’s the yellow button on the website homepage just below the podcast features. Please feel free to submit all feedback, including testimonials and suggestions for new classes and workshops here.
* 2021 Quarter Dates for Reference:
Spring Quarter 2021: Monday, April 5 – Friday, June 18
Mid-Quarter Break: May 10 – 14 (NO CAA Classes)
Summer Quarter 2021: Monday, July 5 – Friday, Sept 17
Mid-Quarter Break: Aug 9 – 13 (NO CAA Classes)
Fall Quarter 2021: Monday, Oct 4 – Tuesday, Dec. 21
Mid-Quarter/Thanksgiving Break: Thurs., Nov. 18 – Friday, Nov. 26 (NO CAA Classes)
* Visit the West Valley Campus & take a photo in front of your new school. To date, we’ve had two wonderful students visit West Valley College and take a photo in front of their new school. Here’s the map of CAA’s new home in the heart of the beautiful sprawling campus and we’ll add it to our growing list of CAA West Valley College Campus photos!
* Here are the CAA Policy documents that have been updated during this time of COVID distance learning.
* If you are doing online shopping these Shelter in Place days on Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, the College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.