*This is Week 4 of the Summer Quarter 2020. The Add/Drop window for the Summer Quarter is now closed. Tours are conducted weekly for any prospective students/family members who would for the fall quarter which will begin the first week of October. Email deanna@
*Attention registered Summer 21 students and families! Please click on the link for the Summer Quarter Zoom Schedule.
*Please enjoy the College of Adaptive Arts PSA created by CAA film/acting students sponsored by CreaTV/Heritage Bank: https://youtu.be/
* From our Community Friends from Inclusive World: Another Opportunity to become Successful Contributing Citizens: Inclusive World is a bay area based nonprofit organization working towards empowering neurodiverse youth to lead meaningful and productive lives based on their interests and abilities. Inclusive World follows person-centered philosophies, they focus on the whole person, their abilities, and dreams and not on the diagnosis or disability. Inclusive World offers a variety of vocational skills training (Programming, Software Testing, MS Excel, and Small Business Unit, to name a few) and Employment Placement Services. Most classes do not have a prerequisite to enroll and all classes happen over weekends. Classes will be held online until end of the year. Each student is paired with a neurotypical buddy, the student-buddy pair will work and learn together while forming a bond of friendship and trust. Learn more about Inclusive World at https://inclusiveworld.org/
The (Library) Joint is Jumping in July!
Science for the Bay
The Science Guys return with not one, not two, but three programs (see the flyer for more details):
- The Science Behind a Bright Smile on July 28 at 7.15 pm
- Crystal Science on July 30 at 7.15 pm
Come to one or come to all! Email your RSVP to suzanne@collegeofadaptivearts.
Save the Date
Save Aug 16 for the Amethyst Trio, a Bay Area favorite with a repertoire of Beethoven to Coldplay and everything in between!
*Student check-in Updated Schedule beginning Monday, July 5 (going down to 1 check-in/day) at the check-in link: https://us02web.zoom.us/
Monday – 10 am
Tuesday- 4 pm
Wednesday – 10 am
Thursday – 4 pm
Friday – 10 am
* CAA will begin introducing hybrid in-person classes throughout the course of the Summer Quarter as the site is diligently being prepared for the students and in-person learning. It will be a soft-reopening with more classes being added to in-person learning over the course of the summer quarter. We will begin having bi-weekly Zoom meetings to let you know the latest and greatest developments beginning the first week of July.
* CAA Art Card Packs for Sale: $14 for a pack of 8 cards. Created by the exquisite CAA Student artists. Email Sue and Michele Breckenridge, bct12smb@yahoo.
* CAA is now able to accept stock donations through Edward Jones. This incredible community support was made possible by the tremendous generosity of Paul Dines of Edward Jones. Email email@example.com and the 1-page pre-completed form will be sent to you if you’d like to donate stock. Please consider writing Paul a thank you card for being a true Mountain Mover for adults who historically have not had access to higher education: Paul Dines, Edward Jones, 69 Washington St., Santa Clara, CA 95050.
* The CAA Walking Team, parent-volunteer run, and lead, is happening most Saturday mornings at 8:30 am in the community. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
* CAA welcomes input and feedback. CAA has a new online form for accepting feedback – it’s the yellow button on the website homepage just below the podcast features. Please feel free to submit all feedback, including testimonials and suggestions for new classes and workshops here.
* 2021 Quarter Dates for Reference:
Summer Quarter 2021: Monday, July 5 – Friday, Sept 17
Mid-Quarter Break: Aug 9 – 13 (NO CAA Classes)
Fall Quarter 2021: Monday, Oct 4 – Tuesday, Dec. 21
Mid-Quarter/Thanksgiving Break: Thurs., Nov. 18 – Friday, Nov. 26 (NO CAA Classes)
* Visit the West Valley Campus & take a photo in front of your new school. To date, we’ve had 2 wonderful students visit West Valley College and take a photo in front of their new school. Here’s the map of CAA’s new home in the heart of the beautiful sprawling campus and we’ll add it to our growing list of CAA West Valley College Campus photos!
* Here are the CAA Policy documents that have been updated during this time of COVID distance learning.
* College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, the College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.