* This is Week 4 of the Winter Quarter of Instruction. CAA classes are now closed for the rest of the quarter to maintain the integrity of the learning environment. Pending students who have taken tours in the first two weeks will be enrolled this quarter once their intake meeting has occurred. Tours will continue throughout the quarter for prosepctive students/families who are interested in possibly registering for the Spring Quarter which will begin the first week of April, 2021. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Graduation Caps/Gowns Pick-up + Dance Shirts Drop-off: CAA student Michele B’s mom, the wonderful Sue Breckenridge, has volunteered to deliver new CAA dance shirts (2 new shirts forthcoming to all students in CAA dance classes) as well as picking up the graduation caps and gowns. Sue’s contact info is ‘firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number: 530-306-9959. Look for an email/text/phone call from Sue to arrange pick-up. If you prefer to have your student’s shirts sent via mail, please email DeAnna at deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
*Upcoming Library Lecture Series: Save These Dates!
1) The Science of Dr Seuss
featuring Science for the Bay
Jan 29, 6.30 pm (via Zoom)
Science is everywhere, and while Dr Seuss may not have thought about that when he wrote Green Eggs and Ham, the team at Science for the Bay did and they will answer the question: why are the eggs green?
This special program is a must for (student) scientists, cooks, and bakers and anyone who is curious about green eggs. Check out the flyer for more details and send your RSVP to suzanne@
2) The Library Lecture Series presents…
Making Music Make Change
featuring Alphabet Rockers
Feb 8, 1.30 pm (via Zoom)
Music is powerful magic. It’s not bound by language, location, or time. It raises awareness and brings us together for a cause. Music’s most powerful magic is that it can be used to change the hearts and minds of those who hear it, a power that Alphabet Rockers wield and magic that they will share with us! Flyer attached for more details & circulation.
RSVP by Feb 4 to reserve your seat! You can send an email to suzanne@
* Daily check-ins continue during Shelter in Place each day at 10am & 4pm for CAA enrolled students & prospective students: https://us02web.
* Wait LIst emails have now been sent out if we have not received a Regional Center POS. Your student will immediately be taken off the Wait List as soon as a screenshot of the submission is sent. Please have your Service Coordinator email confirmation to email@example.com
* Pass Along Information: Items of interest from the Matthew Foundation regarding the vaccine and people with intellectual disabilities or Down syndrome:
COVID-19 Virtual Series: Update COVID & Down Syndrome; DSMIG-USA Vaccination Position Statement and Trisomy 21 Research Society COVID & Down Syndrome Survey
* Please enjoy the December 2020 Newsletter for reference and circulation.
* CAA welcomes input and feedback. We have updated our feedback forms as we continually strive to improve this lifelong equitable collegiate model of higher education currently happening exclusively online during these COVID times. Here is the input form in Word & pdf versions.
* 2021 Quarter Dates for Reference:
Winter Quarter 2021: Monday, Jan 4 – Friday, March 19
Mid-Quarter Break: Feb 8 – 12 (NO CAA Classes)
Spring Quarter 2021: Monday, April 5 – Friday, June 18
Mid-Quarter Break: May 10 – 14 (NO CAA Classes)
Summer Quarter 2021: Monday, July 5 – Friday, Sept 17
Mid-Quarter Break: Aug 9 – 13 (NO CAA Classes)
Fall Quarter 2021: Monday, Oct 4 – Tuesday, Dec. 21
Mid-Quarter/Thanksgiving Break: Thurs., Nov. 18 – Friday, Nov. 26 (NO CAA Classes)
* Visit the West Valley Campus & take a photo in front of your new school. To date, we’ve had 2 wonderful students visit West Valley College and take a photo in front of their new school. Email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* College of Adaptive Arts has now transitioned to an Online Student Application. We ask that you go on and complete this online application with all updated information and a one-time photo consent release option for all future events and class projects. CAA Policy documents have also been updated during this time of COVID distance learning.
* Link for Daily Check-Ins at 10 am & 4 pm, each Monday – Friday as long as Shelter in Place is Happening: Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,82595739562# US (San Jose)
* If you are doing online shopping these Shelter in Place days on Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, the College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.