Did you know that global warming affects our oceans, their inhabitants, and our economy? Increases in the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is tipping the scale toward dangerous levels in a process called ocean acidification. If we do nothing, marine life and coral reefs will disappear. If we act now, we can change the tide.
Join us on Dec. 4 at 7.30 pm for a special Library Lecture and hear what three young women and one small sea snail did to answer this important call to action. If they can do it, so can we!
* Thanksgiving/Mid-Quarter Break is from Thursday, November 19 – Sunday, November 29. Enjoy your break and please stay safe!
* Please join the School of TV/Film Students, Staff & the Community this Friday, November 20 from 1-4 pm on Zoom for the culminating CAA Filmmaker Meet & Greet to meet the Film Festival filmmakers locally and around the world!
* College of Adaptive Arts 12th Annual Celebrating Abilities Virtual Film Registration: You can still register (FREE) & enjoy over 40 short films (1 min – 25 minutes) by, for, and about persons of all abilities; donations greatly appreciated. We’ve got a goal to raise $2,500: Thank you *so much* to everyone who has been able to make a donation – we’re more than 2/3rds to meeting our goal. Here a pdf version of the Official CAA Film Fest Flyer for sharing & circulation.
Featuring short local, national, and international films by, about, and for people with disabilities: Festival Registration Link is Now Live:
Saturday, November 14th from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Special VIP Kick-Off Event for CAA Families and Students
Featuring CAA student-made films
Saturday, November 14th through Friday, November 20th
View Films Online
Registered film festival guests will have access to clickable Vimeo links to virtually screen all film festival films at their convenience
Friday, November 20th from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
An interactive virtual event featuring film festival filmmakers and opportunities for guests to discuss and ask questions about their favorite film festival films
For further information please contact Katie Zeisl, CAA Director of Special Events, at katie@collegeofadaptivearts.
Save the Dates:
- School of Dance Year-Long Culminating Online Performance: Saturday, December 12, 3-4:30 pm – details forthcoming
- CAA Holiday Online Fundraising Auction: Saturday, December 12, 5-6 pm, Zoom in & hear CAA 2020 Student Valedictorian Oliver Motiee’s impactful speech & help raise much-needed funds for the college as we were not able to host our Fall Golf Tournament
- CAA Online Graduation & Holiday Concert: Saturday, December 19, 2-4 pm, details forthcoming
Presently the walks are at West Valley College, to acquaint students with the location of the new CAA College building, so when we are “free to gather” students will be oriented to this awesome new space. (It’s amazing.) Hope to see more CAA students and their escorts (parents or care providers) at the next walk. Contact Jasmina Naleid, email@example.com for details.
* New CAA Student Artwork greeting card packs are here and ready for sale in time for the Holiday Season! Cards will be sold in packs of 10 for $14. These are all artwork that has been created by CAA student artists during Shelter in Place time. These are a fundraiser to help CAA continue to grow and expand options for adults who historically have not had access to a college education. These card packs make wonderful holiday gifts!! Please send your card pack requests to Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Physical Addresses requested for December Newsletter! If you know of anyone in your network who might want to receive a physical copy of CAA’s December newsletter, please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* New CAA Swag with New Logo in time for the Holidays: CAA is finalizing a new logo to highlight our collegiate partnerships, beginning with this historic first partnership with West Valley College. We are planning to order new college swag in time for the holidays. If you have particular ideas for fun merchandise, please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Visit the West Valley Campus & take a photo in front of your new school. To date, we’ve had 2 wonderful students visit West Valley College and take a photo in front of their new school. Email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* College of Adaptive Arts has now transitioned to an Online Student Application. We ask that you go on and complete this online application with all updated information and a one-time photo consent release option for all future events and class projects. CAA Policy documents have also been updated during this time of COVID distance learning.
* Link for Daily Check-Ins at 10 am & 4 pm, each Monday – Friday as long as Shelter in Place is Happening: Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,82595739562# US (San Jose)
* If you are doing online shopping these Shelter in Place days on Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.
* Professor De has a personal bucket list goal to give a TED Talk about growing up with her sister and how it inspired her to co-found College of Adaptive Arts. She’s giving the talk each Saturday at 1:30 pm through Zoom. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.