The College of Adaptive Arts Mountain Movers Family welcomes you all to register for 2 free events coming up in the next week:
Saturday, December 12 School of Dance Throughout the Year Video Showcase Virtual Showcase, 3 pm – 4:30 pm:
* Monday, December 14, 1:30 – 2:30 pm: December 14 marks the last Library Lecture of Fall 2020 and we will go out with a rata tat tat ratta ratta boom! boom! craaasssshhhh! Jimmy Biala, who teaches Brazilian and Cuban percussion, has performed and taught in China, Taiwan, France, Germany, Brazil, Canada, and here in the US. He is coming (via Zoom) to CAA on December 14, 1.30–2.30 pm! He’ll talk about the role drums played throughout the history of humankind, how culture adds flavors to the sounds, and he’ll show us how he makes drums sing. And if that’s not exciting enough, there’s going to be a drum-along!!!
Reserve your seat with an RSVP to suzanne@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Winter Quarter 2021 Schedule is now up on the website & attached here for circulation and reference. Here is the Winter 2021 Course Description catalog as well. Registration is open for the next 2 weeks exclusively for currently registered students. Updated: All Regional Center past & current POSs must be fully in place by Friday, January 8, 2021 or students are moved to the waitlist until submission is confirmed.
* Please enjoy the December 2020 Newsletter for reference and circulation.
* This Saturday is College of Adaptive Arts’School of Dance End-of-Year Showcase Extravaganza this coming Saturday, December 12 from 3pm – 4:30pm over Zoom: College of Adaptive Arts School of Dance Throughout the Year Video Showcase Virtual Event Flyer Attached for reference and circulation. This virtual event is free – donations dearly appreciated. 🙂
* Monday, December 14: December 14 marks the last Library Lecture of Fall 2020 and we will go out with a rata tat tat ratta ratta boom! boom! craaasssshhhh! Jimmy Biala, who teaches Brazilian and Cuban percussion, has performed and taught in China, Taiwan, France, Germany, Brazil, Canada, and here in the US. He is coming (via Zoom) to CAA on December 14, 1.30–2.30 pm! He’ll talk about the role drums played throughout the history of humankind, how culture adds flavors to the sounds, and he’ll show us how he makes drums sing. And if that’s not exciting enough, there’s going to be a drum-along!!!
Reserve your seat with an RSVP to suzanne@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Saturday, December 19: CAA Holiday Concert & Graduation Ceremony Virtual Event information: Flyer attached for reference and circulation
The College of Adaptive Arts Presents the Annual Holiday Concert & Graduation Ceremony Virtual Event on Saturday, December 19, 2020, from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm on Zoom Webinar.
Please join the College of Adaptive Arts in Celebrating the talents and accomplishments of our students.
The graduation ceremony will highlight students earning their undergraduate, graduate studies, and post-graduate studies diplomas.
The holiday concert will feature uplifting and inspiring performances by CAA’s Concert Choir and Adaptive Guitar students.
Featuring West Valley College Chancellor Bradley Davis as this year’s Keynote Speaker, and CAA Student Speakers, CAA Salutatorian, Bernard Smith, and CAA Valedictorian,
To reserve tickets please go to:
Free of charge. Donations are encouraged.
For any questions about the event, please contact Katie Zeisl, Director, CAA School of Theatre & Special Events at katie@collegeofadaptivearts.
For Tech Support Help please contact CAA’s IT Director, Michael Reisman at Michael.reisman@
Thanks so much and we really look forward to seeing you at the event!! 🙂
* 2021 Quarter Dates for Reference:
Winter Quarter 2021: Monday, Jan 4 – Friday, March 19
Mid-Quarter Break: Feb 8 – 12 (NO CAA Classes)
Spring Quarter 2021: Monday, April 5 – Friday, June 18
Mid-Quarter Break: May 10 – 14 (NO CAA Classes)
Summer Quarter 2021: Monday, July 5 – Friday, Sept 17
Mid-Quarter Break: Aug 9 – 13 (NO CAA Classes)
Fall Quarter 2021: Monday, Oct 4 – Tuesday, Dec. 21
Mid-Quarter/Thanksgiving Break: Thurs., Nov. 18 – Friday, Nov. 26 (NO CAA Classes)
* College of Adaptive Arts is so very proud to announce that we received a grant from the Rotary Club of San Jose Foundation for the underwriting of the new Community Observation deck currently being built at our new site at West Valley College. If you would like to write a thank you letter to the Foundation leadership, the Foundation members would love to hear from the students: Rotary Club of San Jose Foundation, Clarence Stone, President of the Board, Christine Burroughs, Sarah Clish: 1690 Senter Road, San Jose, CA 95112.
* College of Adaptive Arts is proud to announce that it received a grant earlier in the year from the Farrington Historical Foundation for Student Scholarships. If your student could write a thank you card to the leadership, they would love to hear from the students: Farrington Historical Foundation, 1615 Dry Creek Rd, San Jose, CA 95125.
* Updated Regional Center POS Policy: All POSs need to be in place by the end of the first week of instruction. Any student after the first week whose POS is not in place will be put on the Wait List for classes until receipt of POS is confirmed. Please have your Service Coordinator send a screenshot of the submission to teresa@collegeofadaptivearts.
* College of Adaptive Arts is so thankful to the San Jose Mercury News Wishbook Team for being selected as a 2020 Wishbook feature charity: https://wishbook.mercurynews.
* College of Adaptive Arts was featured in the NewsUpNow segment: https://www.youtube.
* New CAA Swag with New Logo in time for the Holidays: CAA is finalizing a new logo to highlight our collegiate partnerships, beginning with this historic first partnership with West Valley College. We are planning to order new college swag in time for the holidays. If you have particular ideas for fun merchandise, please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Visit the West Valley Campus & take a photo in front of your new school. To date, we’ve had 2 wonderful students visit West Valley College and take a photo in front of their new school. Email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* College of Adaptive Arts has now transitioned to an Online Student Application. We ask that you go on and complete this online application with all updated information and a one-time photo consent release option for all future events and class projects. CAA Policy documents have also been updated during this time of COVID distance learning.
* Link for Daily Check-Ins at 10 am & 4 pm, each Monday – Friday as long as Shelter in Place is Happening: Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,82595739562# US (San Jose)
* If you are doing online shopping these Shelter in Place days on Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, the College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.