This is a reminder that we’ll be hosting a Celebrating Katie Zeisl Party tomorrow, July 17, over Zoom from 3-4 pm. Feel free to make her a special piece of art to share, or a poem, or your favorite Professor Katie story to share. Here’s the Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/
Welcome to the second week of Summer Quarter 2021!!! On behalf of the entire College of Adaptive Arts Mountain Movers Family, we’d like to extend new and returning students, families, and care-providers the *warmest welcome* to this ever-growing community of lifelong learners hungry and eager to continue learning, connecting, creating, and becoming the best versions of themselves.
*Add/drop Summer Quarter registration window will remain open through Friday, July 16. If you are with a Regional Center, please send a screenshot of POS submission this week if you haven’t already to the CAA Regional Center support team of bobbi@
*Attention registered Summer 21 students and families! Please click on the link for the Summer Quarter Zoom Schedule.
*Please enjoy the College of Adaptive Arts PSA created by CAA film/acting students sponsored by CreaTV/Heritage Bank: https://youtu.be/
Beat the Heat!
Summer is here and so are new Library Lectures that will make you forgot about the heat!
Pericles, Prince of Trye
The SF Shakes’ miniseries Pericles, Prince of Trye, an epic tale of travel, adventure, and pirates, has begun. Check your email for news of a series of watch parties (some might have a special guest!). For more information about Pericles, go to: http://www.sfshakes.org/
Save the Date
Save Aug 16 for the Amethyst Trio, a Bay Area favorite with a repertoire of Beethoven to Coldplay and everything in between!
*Student check-in Updated Schedule beginning Monday, July 5 (going down to 1 check-in/day) at the check-in link: https://us02web.zoom.us/
Monday – 10 am
Tuesday- 4 pm
Wednesday – 10 am
Thursday – 4 pm
Friday – 10 am
* CAA will begin introducing hybrid in-person classes throughout the course of the Summer Quarter as the site is diligently being prepared for the students and in-person learning. It will be a soft-reopening with more classes being added to in-person learning over the course of the summer quarter. We will begin having bi-weekly Zoom meetings to let you know the latest and greatest developments beginning the first week of July.
* We will have a Celebrating Katie Zeisl Zoom party on Saturday, July 17 from 3-4 pm over this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/
* CAA Art Card Packs for Sale: $14 for a pack of 8 cards. Created by the exquisite CAA Student artists. Email Sue and Michele Breckenridge, bct12smb@yahoo.
* CAA is now able to accept stock donations through Edward Jones. This incredible community support was made possible by the tremendous generosity of Paul Dines of Edward Jones. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and the 1-page pre-completed form will be sent to you if you’d like to donate stock. Please consider writing Paul a thank you card for being a true Mountain Mover for adults who historically have not had access to higher education: Paul Dines, Edward Jones, 69 Washington St., Santa Clara, CA 95050.
* The CAA Walking Team, parent-volunteer run, and lead, is happening most Saturday mornings at 8:30 am in the community. Please email email@example.com for further information
* CAA welcomes input and feedback. CAA has a new online form for accepting feedback – it’s the yellow button on the website homepage just below the podcast features. Please feel free to submit all feedback, including testimonials and suggestions for new classes and workshops here.
* 2021 Quarter Dates for Reference:
Summer Quarter 2021: Monday, July 5 – Friday, Sept 17
Mid-Quarter Break: Aug 9 – 13 (NO CAA Classes)
Fall Quarter 2021: Monday, Oct 4 – Tuesday, Dec. 21
Mid-Quarter/Thanksgiving Break: Thurs., Nov. 18 – Friday, Nov. 26 (NO CAA Classes)
* Visit the West Valley Campus & take a photo in front of your new school. To date, we’ve had 2 wonderful students visit West Valley College and take a photo in front of their new school. Here’s the map of CAA’s new home in the heart of the beautiful sprawling campus and we’ll add it to our growing list of CAA West Valley College Campus photos!
* Here are the CAA Policy documents that have been updated during this time of COVID distance learning.
* College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, the College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.