* No CAA classes next Monday, September 7th on Labor Day – Enjoy and stay safe out there!
* You may have heard that the beloved Camp Krem did not survive the wildfires. We’d like to show support and solidarity to Alex Krem and his incredible team for all of the CAA students who have attended. If you could have your student share a story and/or draw a picture of their favorite memory from Camp Krem, we’ll be assembling a photobook for Alex. We’ll keep you posted when more information becomes available – they do plan to rebuild.
* Updated Fall Quarter is available Here – up to 74 distinct course offerings for the Fall Quarter which begins Thursday, October 1st. We added a second Innercise class on Tuesday afternoons focused on Compassion with the newest CAA Professor, Certified Compassion Instructor Lineth Jezek. Also, Monday morning’s ballet class will be focusing on the Nutcracker collaborating again with awesome community partner Los Gatos Ballet.
* Registration is now open for currently registered students; open registration begins Monday, September 14 for new students to CAA. Please let everyone know in your networks that we’re always honored to reach more adults out there who are hungry to continue learning, growing, and becoming the best versions of themselves. Onwards & upwards for eager adult lifelong learners!!
* Please enjoy this video shared last Friday night by newest Professor Lineth Jezek on mindfulness and compassion: https://movingart.
* New Parent/Care provider Check-ins are going to begin twice a month via Zoom: one at 12noon on Tuesdays & the second/month at 8 pm on Tuesdays. First parent/care provider check-in will be on Tuesday, September 8 from 12noon – 12:40 pm: https://us02web.zoom.
* For Adaptive Guitar Returning & Future Students: Look for new guitars & chord buddies to be issued/delivered to you all for the Fall Quarter! Professor De & Sister Angel are driving up to Ft. Wayne, IN personally to visit Sweetwater and select some new guitars that will work with the chord buddies & stay in tune better for the duration of the class sessions! Can’t wait!
* CAA School Librarian Suzanne Williams created a new 1-page Summer Quarter Zoom Friendly Version document with clickable links – Updated Document Here – it is fabulous!!! Please send Professor Suzanne an email to tell her that she is the BEST COLLEGE LIBRARIAN on this planet!!
Updated Fall Quarter Schedule: Due to not wanting to mix up Regional Center POS processing with beginning/ending quarters in the same month, here’s the updated Fall Quarter Schedule for reference & circulation:
New Fall Quarter Start Date: Thursday, October 1st.
Mid-Quarter/Thanksgiving Break Combined: Thursday, Nov. 19 – Friday, Nov. 27 (Updated)
Last Day of Fall Quarter: Friday, December 18.
First Day of Winter Quarter, 2021: Monday, Jan. 4th.
* Shelter in Place Student Artwork Sought: If your student has made some artwork during this Shelter in Place time, please email it to deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Jay Torres of Latizmo Hip Hop Productions is hosting a virtual Dance Battle Contest on the first Friday in September – Cash Prizes!! Here’s the flyer for more information!! Bust out those dancing moves to victory! 🙂
* CAA is striving to earn a 2020 Great NonProfits Badge: If you could Share Your Story Here, we’d be deeply obliged. We need to get 10 testimonials/stories before October 31, 2020.
* CAA has officially been given keys to our new home at West Valley Campus. If you and your student would be so inclined to send some thank you cards, there are so wonderful people that have helped make this historic collaboration possible & are helping to get the portable prepared for the students when it is safe to return physically to continue learning: Chancellor Brad Davis, Board President Susan Fish, Board Trustee Jack Lucas, and Facilities Manager Bill Taylor: West Valley-Mission Community College District, 14000 Fruitvale Ave., Saratoga, CA 95070. And if you and your student could also send thank yous to the Swenson Team helping to get the portable ready for optimal lifelong learning, we are so deeply grateful to Case Swenson & Eric Grimley, Swenson Development & Construction, 715 North First Street, San Jose 95112.
* Once your student has enrolled for his/her new and updated course choices, please be sure to email the updated Spring Quarter 2020 CAA Course Schedule to your Service Coordinator for updated POS processing. Please cc CAA POS Support MemberTeresa Montes de Oca, teresa@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Link for Daily Check-Ins at 10am & 4pm, each Monday – Friday as long as Shelter in Place is Happening: Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,82595739562# US (San Jose)
* If you are doing online shopping these Shelter in Place days on Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.
* Please enjoy CAA’s Summer Newsletter and 2019-2020 Annual Report for reference and circulation. Please send any physical mailing addresses to be added to the bi-annual mailing address to email@example.com 🙂
* Zoom Tours for new prospective students & care providers; Professor De will be giving online tours daily for any new prospective students and their parents/decision-makers. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Professor De has a personal bucket list goal to give a TED Talk about growing up with her sister and how it inspired her to co-found College of Adaptive Arts. She’s giving the talk each Saturday at 1:30 pm through Zoom. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* CAA Honors Monthly Recurring Donors: Please visit CAA’s homepage to see the testimonials/photos of why the community is stepping up to continue to grow this lifelong collegiate model – Monthly Recurring Donors are dearly appreciated and help us grow during trying times: http://www.