|* Open Registration for new students & the add/drop window is happening for one more week, through this Friday, July 20. After Friday all classes will close for the remaining 7 instructional weeks of the quarter to maintain the integrity of the learning environment.
* Here are the Steps for Becoming a New Student CAA Cardinal. Email Katie Zeisl, Student Registrar, email@example.com, to schedule a tour and get registered this week if you are hoping to begin this Summer Quarter.
* CAA has over 43 course offerings + a golf team and a walking team for this Summer Quarter. Here are the classes we are seeking more students to get to an enrollment of 5 students for the class to continue after the second week:
Student Leadership: Mondays from 4:30 pm-5:30 pm.
Poetry: Tuesdays from 1:30 pm-2:30 pm.
Sports Stats: Wednesday’s from 4:30 pm-5:30 pm.
Grad Book Club: Thursday’s from 10:30 am-11:30 am.
Reading Partners 2: Fridays from 10:30 am-11:30 am.
Post Graduate Research: Fridays from 10:30 am-11:30 am.
Songwriting: Fridays from 10:30 am-11:30 am.
For specific information on each class and/or to register, please email CAA Student Registrar Katie Zeisl, firstname.lastname@example.org – thank you for considering! 🙂
* All SARC POSs must be submitted prior to the start of each quarter to receive approval. Please reach out and confirm submission with your Service Coordinator over Intra-Quarter Break.
* College of Adaptive Arts is asking for you to share your story at the GreatNonprofits website: https://greatnonprofits.org/org/college-of-adaptive-arts Community members can post reviews by going to the above link and clicking on “Share Your Story.” CAA is striving for 10 reviews of at least 4 stars to earn the GreatNonprofits Badge of Approval.
* The CAA Tech Team is beginning Weekly Trainings on Thursdays from 12 – 1pm for students, parents, care providers and the general public to learn how to use all of the adaptive equipment in CAA’s Digital Media Lab thanks to a generous grant from the Rotary Club of San Jose Foundation: Register Here for a Weekly Thursday Training
* The College of Adaptive Arts is currently at 1,995 Facebook Likes: It would be fantastic tould like to reach 2,000 this week!
* Monday, July 23: CAA Board Chair & Professional Photographer Adrien LeBiavant, is hosting a Photography Workshop from 1 – 2:30pm in 2 weeks. Sign up through FaceBook or email Katie@collegeofadaptivearts.org to secure a spot. Cost is $10/attendee.
* It is with great pleasure that the CAA Mountain Movers Leadership Team presents the 2017-2018 Annual Report. CAA has grown 12-fold since inception in 2009. The ultimate vision is to expand this educational model nationwide to be as widespread and robust in the education space that Special Olympics is in the athletic space.
* The San Jose Airport Commission is asking for the members of the special needs community to review and give input on the Emergency Evacuation Plan in accomodating and supporting patrons with special needs.
* CAA Thank You Breakfast: Friday, July 27: The Mountain Movers Leadership Board Team are hosting a Thank You Breakfast to salute CAA Parents, CareProviders, Superstaff & Volunteers for their steadfast dedication and support to growing this equitable collegiate model since inception in 2009. We would be honored and delighted to have your attendance to be honored for your support and service. Here’s the link to register: https://donate.collegeofadaptivearts.org/event/caa-thank-you-breakfast/e190797
* Updates on Monday’s Community Touring Ensembles Rehearsal & Outreach: 10:30 – 11:30: For all performers who regularly go out in the community, we would like you to register your student. [This will not be the actual meeting time – it’s just an anchor slot to get all touring students registered who regularly perform in the community.] If you are already at capacity with SARC, we can offer a scholarship. The intent is to try to guide our regular performance times to Mondays mornings while at the same time bringing in income to pay staff for community performance times. Please feel free to talk through the specifics with Pam or De with any questions.
* Here are the CAA Instructional Quarter Dates for the rest of 2018 & for 2019 for your reference.
* Here is the Student Registration Packet & Updated Policies & Release Waivers. Please make sure you have read and signed all policies for your student to begin class.
CAA Absence Report Line: 408-538-3809
Regional Center Vendor Code: ZS0975
Weekly Updates: An email comes out each Monday morning with the latest information happening that week at the college. It is transferred to the Latest News section on the website by Monday evening. Email email@example.com or Subscribe in the top right hand corner of CAA’s web page.
In Case of Emergency Out-of-Town Contacts (if Bay Area Communication is out):
CeCe Carlson (Pam’s mom in AZ): 408-892-2540 – cell
Bev Prosser (Danie’s mom in San Diego): 408-483-5604
Jill Ellenberger (DeAnna’s Mom in Indiana): 260-273-2480
Bathroom Request: If it all possible you can use the non-accessible stalls if you don’t have particular needs, that would be dearly appreciated. CAA staff is taking on making sure the stalls are stocked with toilet paper throughout the day.
* Donated appreciated of items always used around the site: Costco Baby Wipes, Clorox Wipes, dixie cups 5oz, Dry Erase Markers, post-it notes, pencils, ballpoint pens, band-aid, tissues, paper folders, Keurig cups, coffee cups.
* Sign up for a Weekly Tour: [NEW UPDATE] We’d like for all new prospective students/families to register at least one week in advance so that the CAA Student Registrar can reach out and best prepare families for what they will see on the tour. No group tours available during CAA classtimes – the space is just too limited. Tours happen each Friday from 1-2pm when classes are in session:
* CAA Walking Team may be exploring different places to walk. Text or call Walking Team lead Jasmina Naleid for details each week where they will be walking: firstname.lastname@example.org; 408-930-7609.
Looking Ahead on the CAA Calendar:
- Monday, July 23: Photography Workshop by CAA Board Chair & Professional Photography Adrien LeBiavant, 1 – 2:30pm, CAA Site.
- Friday, July 27: Parent/Volunteer/Staff Appreciation Breakfast at the Site hosted by CAA Mountain Mover board members, 8:30 – 10am.
- Friday, Aug 3: Networking Lounge Night, 7:15 – 9pm: Line dance lessons for students + SSI avoiding mistakes for parent ed speaker + Parent Advisory Council Meeting
- Thursday, September 20: CAA 7th Annual Golf Classic, Santa Teresa Golf Club, 2 – 7:30pm
- Friday, Oct 26, Networking Lounge Night, 7:15 – 9pm – YouTube video favorites chosen by students + Brainstorming Caregiver Tips & Tricks for parent ed + Parent Advisory Council Meeting
- Sunday, November 4: 10th Annual Celebrating Abilities Short Film Fest, 2-5pm, 3Below Theatre in downtown San Jose
- Friday, November 16: CAA Family Thanksgiving Feast, 7:15 – 9pm, CAA site.
- Saturday, December 15: CAA Graduation & Holiday Concert Choir, 2-4pm, Historic Hoover Theatre
Golf Practice Dates for the Season:
- Saturday, July 28: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, August 4: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, August 25: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, September 1: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, September 15: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Thursday, September 20: 7th Annual CAA Golf Classic, 2 – 7:30pm, STGC
- Saturday, October 6: End-of-Season Golf Team Party, Amato Pizza, 11:30am – 1pm