* CAA Golf Classic: Thursday, September 20. CAA has secured a Pebble Beach Golf Experience including hotel, golf, dinner certificate, and a private lesson with the Golf Academy Director, to be awared to the Highest Fundraising Team. All proceeds go to programs supporting college education for adults with special needs who historically have not had the opportunity.
Current Team Standings:
- Team Kathleen: $3,685
- Team Ariel: $2,528
- Team Nathalie: $1,710
You can join or create your own fundraising team – not required that you be in attendance that day to play to begin your own fundraising team. Create a teamHere
* Community Performance #TransformingPerception, Saturday, September 8 – Graduate Ballet Troupe to perform at Children’s Discovery Museum, 180 Woz Way, Play You Way, 5-7pm.
* The specific date of the Northrop Grumman Family Day is Saturday, September 15 from 10:30 – noon for Latizmo, Pound Fit, & Cheer Squad. The day includes an expansive buffet lunch included for students, parents and careproviders. Please RSVP to DeAnna by September the 4th.
* Cisco College of Adaptive Arts Collaboration Volunteer Day onFriday, September 28, noon – 4:30pm. Cisco is inviting the media out for the Volunteer Collaboration Day with CAA students. After a big lunch, CAA will be simulating small classes of Watercolor Art, Digital Animation, Concert Choir, Pound Fit and Latizmo Hip Hop. Please email DeAnna if your student will be able to be there that day – we are hoping for a strong student and parent turnout to #TransformPerception with the Cisco employees.
* On Thursday, September 11 the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors will be voting for 5% of the Measure A Housing Funds to be used to create housing for invididuals with developmental disabilities. Here is the contact information of the County Board of Supervisors. The more stories they hear from our community about the need for affordable housing, the more impactful our voices and stories will be:
|Mike Wasserman||(408) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cindy Chavez||(408) email@example.com|
|Dave Cortese||(408) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ken Yeager||(408) email@example.com.
|Joe Simitian||(408) 299-5050||supervisor.simitian@bos.
* Monday’s Mindfulness & Whole Body Wellness Class Families: Look for an email from DeAnna & Professor Nicole: the last class on Monday, September 10 will be held at a Community Labyrinth in front of the St. Francis Episcopal Church, 1205 Pine Ave., San Jose 95125.
* Please Enjoy this new video Help Us Move a Mountain Today and share widely with your networks – this equitable educational model for special needs adults is definitely gaining speed, traction, and momentum!
* CAA is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.com – College of Adaptive Arts is listed as a 501c3 charity.
* Northrop Grumman Family Day, Saturday, September 15, 10:30am – 12noon. Performers: Latizmo, Pound Fit & Cheer Squad: Here is detailed information from the NG Leadership Team:
We’re excited that your organization is planning to attend our Family Day. Attached are the directions to our facility along with parking areas shown.
Please provide me with the names of your representative(s) by Tuesday, September 4th. If you are the person attending, please email me to confirm.
- Representatives must be US citizens.
- Cell phones will not be permitted on-site.
- Hours for Family Day are from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Our address is 401 East Hendy Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA.
- Plan to be on-site NO LATER THAN 8:15 a.m. to set up your table and to park.
- If you will be staying from 9 to 3 pm you’ll be able to park inside our campus.
- Enter through the Security Gate on Hendy Avenue and Security will direct you to our location to set up.
- After setting up your table, you’ll need to park your vehicle away from the area (I’ll show you where). For safety reasons, all vehicles must be parked in a designated parking area NO LATER THAN 8:30; there will be NO vehicle movement permitted inside the facility during the event. If you decide to park on-site, you will not be able to leave until 3:30 p.m.
- If you are splitting a shift and planning to arrive after 8:15 amand leave prior to 3:30 p.m., you’ll need to park in our California Lot. However, to bring in your items, come through the Security Gate on Hendy Avenue and our Security will direct you to our location to set up and you’ll be able to temporarily park inside. After setting up your table, you’ll need to park your vehicle in the California Lot and re-enter our facility through the Cal Lot gate.
- All organizations will be under the same awning.
- Lunch will also be provided and you’ll be able to enjoy a self-guided tour of our facility along with all other entertainment.
* Fall Registration is now Open for Currently Registered Students. CAA is offering over 46 separate course offerings this Fall + a Weekly Walking Team + a Golf Team + upcoming Bowling & Gaming Teams. Here is the Fall Course Schedule & Comprehensive Course Descriptions Catalog. Registration for new students/families opens on Saturday, September 15. Fall Quarter beginsMonday, October 1, 2018.
* San Jose Opera Tickets to the Dress Rehearsal of The Abduction of the Seraglio: 10 Tickets – First Come Basis: Opera Dress Rehearsal program and have signed up for 10 tickets for CAA students and families for the season is Sept. 13, 7:30 pm @ the California Theater downtown. meet up no later than 6:45 that bight, in front of the theater on 1st Street they ask that one person pick up tickets and pass them out to their group, no individual will call show is The Abduction of the Seraglio a synopsis of show can be found here:
* Save the Date: The Cisco employees have invited the CAA Students out for a team-building activity at Cisco’s main campus on Friday, September 28 from noon – 5pm, lunch included. Details forthcoming – please save the date and plan to help Cisco employees #TransformPerception of possibilities. <3
- Team Kathleen, Student Ambassador, School of Dance
- Team Trevor, Student Ambassador, School of Health & Wellness
- Team Stephanie, Student Ambassador, School of Science and Technology
- Team Ryan L., Student Ambassador, School of Music
- Team Robert, Student Ambassador, School of Theatre
- Team Oliver, Student Ambassador, School of TV/Film
- Team Ryan B., Student Ambassador, School of Library Arts
- Team Nathalie, Student Ambassador, School of Communications
- Team Alex, Student Ambassador, School of Art
- Team Morgan, Teen Ambassador, Future CAA Students
- Monday, Aug 27: CAA Graduate Dancers perform at Hester School, 12:45 – 1:45pm
- Monday, September 3: Labor Day – No CAA Classes
- Saturday, September 8: CAA Guys & Dolls Cast Party, 3-4pm, CAA Site
- Saturday, September 15: CAA Latizmo, Pound Fit, & Cheer to perform at the Northrup Grumman Family Day, 10:30 – Noon, lunch included – must email DeAnna this week; all students/care providers must be U.S. Citizens
- Tuesday, September 18: Graduate Theatre Troupe Show, City Lights Theatre Company
- Thursday, September 20: CAA 7th Annual Golf Classic, Santa Teresa Golf Club, 2 – 7:30pm
- Friday, September 28: Team-Building Day at Cisco, 12 – 5pm, details forthcoming
- Friday, Oct 26, Networking Lounge Night, 7:15 – 9pm – YouTube video favorites chosen by students + Brainstorming Caregiver Tips & Tricks for parent ed + Parent Advisory Council Meeting
- Sunday, November 4: 10th Annual Celebrating Abilities Short Film Fest, 2-5pm, 3Below Theatre in downtown San Jose
- Friday, November 16: CAA Family Thanksgiving Feast, 7:15 – 9pm, CAA site.
- Saturday, December 15: CAA Graduation & Holiday Concert Choir, 2-4pm, Historic Hoover Theatre
- Saturday, September 15: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Thursday, September 20: 7th Annual CAA Golf Classic, 2 – 7:30pm, STGC
- Saturday, October 6: End-of-Season Golf Team Party, Amato Pizza, 11:30am – 1pm