College of Adaptive Arts
We are Different. We are Able.
* Community Engagements this week: Wednesday, Oct. 11: CAACheerleaders to perform at Chandler Tripp Preschool at 10:45am; Golf Practice this Saturday from 4-6pm at Santa Teresa Golf Club; Heroes Outreach Troupe to Perform at Pumpkins in the Park on Saturday – check Facebook for details.
* A Note from Professor Danie, Director of School of Communications: We are seeking more people for Monday’s Reading Partner’s class. This class is awesome for readers who want to gain confidence and practice reading aloud. We are reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Come read with us.
* Program/Input Survey: Thank you to Mountain Mover board member, Toni Cook, for helping to create this survey: CAA Program Input Survey. We would be honored to have your thoughts and input as we continue growing this equitable higher educational model for adults with special needs.
* 6th Annual Golf Classic is happening on Thursday, November 2nd at the Santa Tersa Golf Club from 2 – 7:30pm. It’s a wonderful afternoon for a team-building opportunity for local businesses and companies. We need golfers, corporate sponsors & silent auction donations (particularly wine bottles). Flyers & registration links below – send all leads/ideas firstname.lastname@example.org or text DeAnna at 408-394-6816
Register to Play Here
Corporate Sponsor Information Form
Corporate Sponsor Return Form
Silent Auction Donation Form
* Fall Art Holiday Gifts & Goodies Faire is happening at CAA on Friday, November 3rd from 12 – 6pm & Saturday, November 4th. from 10 – 3pm. Contact Lisa Henderson if you’d like to volunteer; contact Professor Deborah Trice if you’d like to be a vendor and sell your wares. Art Faire Flyerattached with all details.
* CAA Donors Rock: CAA would like to salute the #CollegeofAdaptiveArts Mountain Movers board leadership team who donate their time, talents, and treasures each month to furthering opportunity for deserving citizens of our community who strive to continue learning. CAA salutes Mountain Mover board members: #AdrienLeBiavant #SharYorgey #JoeSiecinski #SuchitaChetia #BrianAppleton #ToniCook #LoniSprattBrown #SandeeRavalKiehl #DavidCross #CAADonorsRock #CAALovesAwesomePeople #WeAreDifferentWeAreAble #SuccessfulContributingCitizen
* The College of Adaptive Arts Student Council is collecting the following to sell at our next Student Council gives back event. If you can help please bring any donation items and give them to Danie Weaver. If you have any questions please contact Danie atdanielle.weaver@collegeofadapt
* Donation Items always accepted and used around the site: Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Chlorox Wipes, Paper goods such as paper plates and paper, napkins, Plastic Cuterly, Hand Sanitizer, Band Aids, Wide Ruled Lined Paper, Small Extension Cords, Post it Notes, K Cups Coffee
* CAA is looking for Volunteers. If you know someone who is looking for hours. please have them contact volunteers@collegeofadaptivear
#WeAreSanJose #TransformingPerception #WeAreDifferentWeAreAble #CollegeofAdaptiveArts #BestCollegeEver
- Thursday, Oct 5: Disability Awareness Day, San Jose City Hall,12 – 12:30 – Cheer Squad & Heroes Outreach Team Dance Troupe to Perform
- Saturday, Oct 7: CAA Walking Team, 8:30am, Los Gatos Creek Trail.