College of Adaptive Arts
It Takes a Village
We are Different. We are Able.
* 10th Annual Disability Awareness Day is happenging at San Jose City Hall on Thursday, October 5th from 10 -1pm. CAA’s performance time slot is 12 – 12:30pm. Troupes invited to perform this year areGraduate Ballet, Heroes Outreach Troupe, and Cheer Pep Squad. Plan to meet professor Janet sidestage at 11:45 at City Hall.
* It Takes a Village. The CAA Professors & Family have suffered some truly devastating losses, including the sudden loss of Patricia Heathcote Darby, wife of CAA School of Music Director Gavin Darby and daughter of School of Dance Director, Janet & Bob Heathcote. Additionally, Professor Sharon Lea lost her mom to a battle with cancer this past week, and CAA first valedictorian, Kim Rains, is currently in a hospital at Stanford. This means that CAA may look a bit different this quarter, with lots of grieving and hugs. It takes a village to help each other each day, each moment, and CAA is committed to being there to help our community get through these tough times.
* Memorial for Patricia Heathcote Darby – Pass-along information:
- Meal-Train link to sign up to help support Gavin Darby: Meal Train Plus Journal for The Darby Family (Click Here)
- Link from the San Jose Police Department, where Patricia Darby was an employee: http://www.sjpoa.co
- Celebration of Life for Patricia Darby: Saturday, October 7th 1:30PM – 4PM 1336 Cherry Ave. San Jose, CA 95125
* Program/Input Survey: Thank you to Mountain Mover board member, Toni Cook, for helping to create this survey: CAA Program Input Survey. We would be honored to have your thoughts and input as we continue growing this equitable higher educational model for adults with special needs.
* 6th Annual Golf Classic is happening on Thursday, November 2nd at the Santa Tersa Golf Club from 2 – 7:30pm. It’s a wonderful afternoon for a team-building opportunity for local businesses and companies. We need golfers, corporate sponsors & silent auction donations (particularly wine bottles). Flyers & registration links below – send all leads/ideas firstname.lastname@example.org or text DeAnna at 408-394-6816
Register to Play Here
Corporate Sponsor Information Form
Corporate Sponsor Return Form
Silent Auction Donation Form
* Fall Art Holiday Gifts & Goodies Faire is happening at CAA on Friday, November 3rd from 12 – 6pm & Saturday, November 4th. from 10 – 3pm. Contact Lisa Henderson if you’d like to volunteer; contact Professor Deborah Trice if you’d like to be a vendor and sell your wares. Art Faire Flyerattached with all details.
* Thank you for all of the Parents and CareProviders who came and gave their valuable input at this past Friday’s Quarterly Parent Advisory Council Meeting during Networking Lounge Night. Minutes attached. Look for a full Survey Monkey survey in the coming weeks so you can all give your ideas and input as to how we can continue to grow and scale this equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
* CAA Donors Rock: CAA would like to salute the #CollegeofAdaptiveArts Mountain Movers board leadership team who donate their time, talents, and treasures each month to furthering opportunity for deserving citizens of our community who strive to continue learning. CAA salutes Mountain Mover board members: #AdrienLeBiavant #SharYorgey #JoeSiecinski #SuchitaChetia #BrianAppleton #ToniCook #LoniSprattBrown #SandeeRavalKiehl #DavidCross #CAADonorsRock #CAALovesAwesomePeople #WeAreDifferentWeAreAble #SuccessfulContributingCitizen
* The College of Adaptive Arts Student Council is collecting the following to sell at our next Student Council gives back event. If you can help please bring any donation items and give them to Danie Weaver. If you have any questions please contact Danie atdanielle.weaver@collegeofadapt
* Donation Items always accepted and used around the site: Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Chlorox Wipes, Paper goods such as paper plates and paper, napkins, Plastic Cuterly, Hand Sanitizer, Band Aids, Wide Ruled Lined Paper, Small Extension Cords, Post it Notes, K Cups Coffee
* CAA is looking for Volunteers. If you know someone who is looking for hours. please have them contact volunteers@collegeofadaptivear
#WeAreSanJose #TransformingPerception #WeAreDifferentWeAreAble #CollegeofAdaptiveArts #BestCollegeEver
- Thursday, Oct 5: Disability Awareness Day, San Jose City Hall,12 – 12:30 – Cheer Squad & Heroes Outreach Team Dance Troupe to Perform
- Saturday, Oct 7: CAA Walking Team, 8:30am, Los Gatos Creek Trail.