* This Thursday: Students from Santa Clara University SCCAP program are holding a CAA Art Show on their campus on Thursday, May 31st from 5-6:30 pm.
SPECIFICS FOR STUDENTS OF THURSDAY’S CLASSES:
BOTH the Grad Visual Art and Grad Writing classes take place on thatThursday from 4:30-5:30pm and 6:00-7:00pm.
Professor Danie and myself would like to hold our classes at the event in support of our artists and give the writing class an opportunity to write about this event. SO classes WILL NOT take place at CAA for those hours.
THURSDAY’S STUDENTS WILL GET CLASS CREDIT for attending the event.
Cocktail Attire is requested for this fun and fancy event held in SCU’s beautiful Mission Garden under twinkly lights.
We would LOVE for the artists and their families to attend and see the beautiful art they have been creating.
Please see Attached Flyer for Reference & Circulation and look for updates in the CAA Weekly blast for updates and info.
Please RSVP to me, Nicole, so I can get a head count of who is attending for the SCCAP coordinator.
We look forward to seeing you on this exciting evening!
College of Adaptive Arts
Director of Visual Arts Department | Professor
* Professor Danie’s Graduate Writing Class will also occur at the SCU Art Showcase this week – please report to Santa Clara University and not to the CAA site.
* Next Monday’s Spanish Class: Will happen at Las Cazuelas Restaurant, 55 Race St. – 5 minutes from the CAA site. www.
* [POSTPONED TO FALL QUARTER]: Very sorry for the inconvenience; there’s been a challenge securing a venue at DeAnza’s campus community performances forthcoming during the Fall Quarter: CAA Cheerleaders, Graduate Ballet/Heroes Outreach Dance Team, and Children’s Music Sing-Along Troupe to perform at the DeAnza CollegeChildcare Center. [Postponed to Fall Quarter]* Here’s the Tech Practice Schedule for this summer’s Guys & Dolls Musical at Pioneer High School for all musical theatre cast members of Guys & Dolls.
* Here are the entire 2018 Quarter Dates & New Student Registration Procedures for your reference & information to send to your Regional Center Service Coordinator.
* CAA Updated CAA Important Information Sheet: Please look for a neon orange hard copy in the hallway flyer pocket.
CAA Absence Report Line: 408-538-3809
Regional Center Vendor Code: ZS0975
Weekly Updates: An email comes out each Monday morning with the latest information happening that week at the college. It is transferred to the Latest News section on the website by Monday evening. Emailinfo@collegeofadaptivearts.org if you want your email on the Weekly Updates email list.
In Case of Emergency Out-of-Town Contacts (if Bay Area Communication is out):
CeCe Carlson (Pam’s mom in AZ): 408-892-2540 – cell
Bev Prosser (Danie’s mom in San Diego): 408-483-5604
Jill Ellenberger (DeAnna’s Mom in Indiana): 260-273-2480
Bathroom Request: If it all possible you can use the non-accessible stalls if you don’t have particular needs, that would be dearly appreciated. CAA staff is taking on making sure the stalls are stocked with toilet paper throughout the day.
2018 Quarter Dates for Reference:
Spring Quarter: April 2 – June 8;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: May 7 – 11, 2018
Summer Quarter: July 9 – September 14;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: Aug 13 – 17, 2018
Fall Quarter:October 1 – December 14;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: October 29 – Nov 2;
Thanksgiving Break Week [NO CLASSES]: Nov. 19 – 12, 2018
* Donated appreciated of items always used around the site: Clorox Wipes, dixie cups 5oz, Dry Erase Markers, post-it notes, pencils, ballpoint pens, band-aid, tissues, paper folders, Keurig cups, coffee cups.
* Sign up for a Weekly Tour: They happen each Friday from 1-2pm when classes are in session: https://donate.
* CAA Walking Team may be exploring different places to walk. Text or call Walking Team lead Jasmina Naleid for details each week where they will be walking: firstname.lastname@example.org; 408-930-7609.
- Friday, June 1: 10am: Graduate Ballet Dancers to perform at Monticello Cluster, 3411 Monroe St.
- Sunday, June 3: CAA Latizmo & Dream Team Troupe to perform at PAL Stadium, detailed information forthcoming
- Friday, June 8: Networking Lounge Night Karoke Night & Parent Advisory Council/Parent Education Speaker, 7:15 – 9pm, CAA site.
- Friday, June 9: Last Day of Spring Quarter
- Thursday, June 14: 7pm: Guys & Dolls Musical Theatre Production at Pioneer High School
- Friday, June 15: 7pm: Guys & Dolls Musical Theatre Production, Pioneer High School
- Monday, July 9: First Day of Summer Quarter
- Friday, July 27: Parent/Volunteer/Staff Appreciation Breakfast at the Site hosted by CAA Mountain Mover board members,8am – 9am.
- Friday, Aug 3: Networking Lounge Night, 7:15 – 9pm: Line dance lessons for students + SSI avoiding mistakes for parent ed speaker + Parent Advisory Council Meeting
- Thursday, September 20: CAA 7th Annual Golf Classic, Santa Teresa Golf Club, 2 – 7:30pm
- Friday, Oct 26, Networking Lounge Night, 7:15 – 9pm – YouTube video favorites chosen by students + Brainstorming Caregiver Tips & Tricks for parent ed + Parent Advisory Council Meeting
- Sunday, November 4: 10th Annual Celebrating Abilities Short Film Fest, 2-5pm, 3Below Theatre in downtown San Jose
- Friday, November 16: CAA Family Thanksgiving Feast, 7:15 – 9pm, CAA site.
Golf Practice Dates for the Season:
- Saturday, June 2: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, June 16: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, June 30: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, July 7: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, July 28: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, August 4: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, August 25: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, September 1: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, September 15: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Thursday, September 20: 7th Annual CAA Golf Classic, 2 – 7:30pm, STGC
- Saturday, October 6: End-of-Season Golf Team Party, Amato Pizza, 11:30am – 1pm