* This is the last week of the Winter Quarter, 2018. The CAA Mountain Movers family would like to extend a sincerest thanks to everyong pitching in to grow this lifelong collegiate model for special needs adults. Spring Quarter begins Monday, April 2nd.
* Today, Monday, March 12: Library Lecture Series with NASA Researcher, 12:30 – 2pm.
* This Saturday, March 17 – 10:15 – 11:15am: lifeSport Fitness is doing a charity workout at St. Francis Episcopal Church, 1205 Pine Ave., San Jose 95125. We’d love to have a big turn-out – we get a $10 donation for each person who participates in the workout this Saturday. CAA Student Ambassador Jennifer Hall is going to help lead the first part of the workout. We’ll also have our gold pom poms for any CAA Cheer Squad member who attends. Here is the link to the CAA fundraiser workout web page:
*This Saturday, March 17, 12:30 – 2pm: Parent Advisory Council Quarterly Meeting, CAA site. Agenda: Brainstorming on SARC processes, touring troupe community performances, course offerings, parent volunteer support, college campus campaign, getting involved with committee leadership opportunities & student internship opportunities. The CAA Mountain Movers leadership team welcomes and encourages all feedback form the community to help continue to grow this collegiate model thoughtfully, mindfully and strategically.
Community Performances this Week: #TransformingPerception:
Today, Monday, March 12 @ 12:45: Graduate Dancers West Side Story at Hester School
Wednesday, March 14 @ 10:45am: Select Grad Dancers at Chandler Tripp Preschool – confirm with Janet – rest can perform in San Carlos.
Wednesday, March 14th @ 10:35-11:15 [UPDATE: Just 1 performance now on Wednesday] so we’d like just the Heroes Outreach Troupe & Children’s Music Sing-Along to perform for preschoolers to 4th grade
Arundel Elementary School, 200 Arundel Rd., San Carlos, 94070; 650-508-7311
Friday, March 16th @11;45-12:05, 12:10-12:25, Showboaters & Cheer Squad to perform for kindergarteners eating lunch, open invite to other students during their recess
Brittan Acres Elementary, 2000 Belle Ave, San Carlos, 94070
Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Here’s the updated Spring Quarter Schedule of Course Offerings. Registration is open now to currently registered students; open registration begins on Monday, March 19. Spring Quarter begins on Monday, April 2nd. ProClass balances will be zeroed out this week – financial records are kept indepedent of the ProClass portal, so please disregard these and reach out to DeAnna directly to inquire on any outstanding tuition balance:deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* For any interested Theatre students, Guys & Dolls Musical Theatre Production is happening in the community in the coming weeks with both Children’s Musical Theatre at the Montgomery as well as Pioneer High School.
* Weekly Tour for Community Members & Prospective Students: Friday, March 3 from 1-2pm – each Friday that CAA classes are in action.
*Donated items around the site always dearly appreciated: toilet paper, tissues, paper towels, clorox wipes, paper plates, plastic table clothes, printer paper, coffee.
*If you missed the Publishing workshop but still want to buy one of Denae Prosser’s books. Let professor Danie Weaver know; books are $25
* Here are the entire 2018 Quarter Dates & New Student Registration Procedures for your reference & information to send to your Regional Center Service Coordinator.
* CAA Updated CAA Important Information Sheet: Please look for a neon orange hard copy sheet being sent home this week if you did not recieve it last week.
CAA Absence Report Line: 408-538-3809
Regional Center Vendor Code: ZS0975
Weekly Updates: An email comes out each Monday morning with the latest information happening that week at the college. It is transferred to the Latest News section on the website by Monday evening. Emailinfo@collegeofadaptivearts.org if you want your email on the Weekly Updates email list.
In Case of Emergency Out-of-Town Contacts (if Bay Area Communication is out):
CeCe Carlson (Pam’s mom in AZ): 408-892-2540 – cell
Bev Prosser (Danie’s mom in San Diego): 408-483-5604
Jill Ellenberger (DeAnna’s Mom in Indiana): 260-273-2480
Bathroom Request: If it all possible you can use the non-accessible stalls if you don’t have particular needs, that would be dearly appreciated. CAA staff is taking on making sure the stalls are stocked with toilet paper throughout the day.
2018 Quarter Dates:
Winter Quarter: January 8 – March 16;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: February 12- 16, 2018
Spring Quarter: April 2 – June 8;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: May 7 – 11, 2018
Summer Quarter: July 9 – September 14;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: Aug 13 – 17, 2018
Fall Quarter:October 1 – December 14;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: October 29 – Nov 2;
Thanksgiving Break Week [NO CLASSES]: Nov. 19 – 12, 2018