* CAA’s Community Performances #Transforming Perception: Saturday, August 4, 9am – 12:40pm: The San Andreas Regional Center is hosting their Una Voz Parent Education Conference at their new location, 6203 San Ignacio Ave Suite 200, San Jose, CA 95119. SARC is requesting that the CAA students/Professors to hold 3 mini-class demonstrations for the students at the conference, and end with a culminating performance at noon. Here’s the rundown:
9am – 9:40 – Children’s Music Sing-Along Class Demonstration
10 – 10:40am – Poetry Class Demonstration
11 – 11:40am – Pound Fit Class Demonstration
12:20 – 12:40 – Latizmo Performance
Please RSVP to DeAnna at email@example.com if your student can help be a leader in the class portions and perform at 12:20pm
* CAA earned the Badge of Approval from GreatNonprofits thanks to your generous support! CAA is up to 12 reviews and counting, and we sincerely appreciate you sharing your story about how CAA has impacted you and your family: https://
* Next Monday, Aug 6: CAA Library Lecture Series Presents: Chiropractic Stretches & Good Physical Health Practices by Dr. Michael Grossman,Grossman Chiropractic, 1-2:30pm, CAA Site. Cost: $10/family. Emailkatie@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Here are the Steps for Becoming a New Student CAA Cardinal. Email Katie Zeisl, Student Registrar, katie@collegeofadaptivearts.
* All SARC POSs must be submitted prior to the start of each quarter to receive approval. Please reach out and confirm submission with your Service Coordinator over Intra-Quarter Break.
* The CAA Tech Team is beginning Weekly Trainings on Thursdaysfrom 1-2pm [NEW TIME] for students, parents, care providers and the general public to learn how to use all of the adaptive equipment in CAA’s Digital Media Lab thanks to a generous grant from the Rotary Club of San Jose Foundation:Register Here for a Weekly Thursday Training
* Here are the CAA Instructional Quarter Dates for the rest of 2018 & for 2019 for your reference.
* Donated appreciated of items always used around the site: Costco Baby Wipes, Clorox Wipes, dixie cups 5oz, Dry Erase Markers, post-it notes, pencils, ballpoint pens, band-aid, tissues, paper folders, Keurig cups, coffee cups.
* The August Networking Lounge Night is moved to a new date ofFriday, Aug. 24. There will be line-dancing and an education piece regarding navigating the SSI system for your adult. We will also hold the Parent Advisory Council meeting at this time, and all parents/careproviders are welcomed and encouraged to give input on how to grow this collegiate model thoughtfully, strategically, and most impactfully.
* New SCCOE Waiver Form: The Santa Clara Office of Education is requesting that all performers have this Waiver Form completed before performing. We don’t have any upcoming performances slated at this time; but if you could fill out this form and return it to DeAnna, we’ll have it on file the next time one of our touring troupes is invited to perform at any of the SCCOE sites.
* Donations Always Dearly Appreciated 🙂 Dixie Cups, coffee K-cups, hand sanitizer, snacks for employees, bottled water, band-aids, latex free gloves, low odor dry erase markers, pencils, pens <3
- Monday, Aug 6: Chiropractic Stretches & Good Physical Health Practices by Dr. Michael Grossman, Grossman Chiropractic, 1-2:30pm, CAA Site.
- Friday, Aug 24: Networking Lounge Night, 7:15 – 9pm: Line dance lessons for students + SSI avoiding mistakes for parent ed speaker + Parent Advisory Council Meeting
- Thursday, September 20: CAA 7th Annual Golf Classic, Santa Teresa Golf Club, 2 – 7:30pm
- Friday, Oct 26, Networking Lounge Night, 7:15 – 9pm – YouTube video favorites chosen by students + Brainstorming Caregiver Tips & Tricks for parent ed + Parent Advisory Council Meeting
- Sunday, November 4: 10th Annual Celebrating Abilities Short Film Fest, 2-5pm, 3Below Theatre in downtown San Jose
- Friday, November 16: CAA Family Thanksgiving Feast, 7:15 – 9pm, CAA site.
- Saturday, December 15: CAA Graduation & Holiday Concert Choir, 2-4pm, Historic Hoover Theatre
- Saturday, August 4: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, August 25: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, September 1: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, September 15: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Thursday, September 20: 7th Annual CAA Golf Classic, 2 – 7:30pm, STGC
- Saturday, October 6: End-of-Season Golf Team Party, Amato Pizza, 11:30am – 1pm