* Today!!! Monday, July 23: CAA Board Chair & Professional Photographer Adrien LeBiavant, is hosting a Photography Workshop from 1 – 2:30pm in 2 weeks. Sign up through FaceBook or emailKatie@collegeofadaptivearts.
* This Friday: Thank You Breakfast: The Mountain Movers Leadership Board Team are hosting a Thank You Breakfast to salute CAA Parents, CareProviders, Superstaff & Volunteers for their steadfast dedication and support to growing this equitable collegiate model since inception in 2009. We would be honored and delighted to have your attendance to be honored for your support and service. Here’s the link to register: https://donate.
* Here are the Steps for Becoming a New Student CAA Cardinal. Email Katie Zeisl, Student Registrar, katie@collegeofadaptivearts.
* All SARC POSs must be submitted prior to the start of each quarter to receive approval. Please reach out and confirm submission with your Service Coordinator over Intra-Quarter Break.
* College of Adaptive Arts is asking for you to share your story at the GreatNonprofits website: https://
* The CAA Tech Team is beginning Weekly Trainings on Thursdaysfrom 12 – 1pm for students, parents, care providers and the general public to learn how to use all of the adaptive equipment in CAA’s Digital Media Lab thanks to a generous grant from the Rotary Club of San Jose Foundation:Register Here for a Weekly Thursday Training
* Next Community Performance: Saturday, August 4, 9am – 12:40pm: The San Andreas Regional Center is hosting their Una Voz Parent Education Conference at their new location, 6203 San Ignacio Ave Suite 200, San Jose, CA 95119. SARC is requesting that the CAA students/Professors to hold 3 mini-class demonstrations for the students at the conference, and end with a culminating performance at noon. Here’s the rundown:
9am – 9:40 – Children’s Music Sing-Along Class Demonstration
10 – 10:40am – Poetry Class Demonstration
11 – 11:40am – Pound Fit Class Demonstration
12:20 – 12:40 – Latizmo Performance
Please RSVP to DeAnna at email@example.com if your student can help be a leader in the class portions and perform at 12:20pm
* Here are the CAA Instructional Quarter Dates for the rest of 2018 & for 2019 for your reference.
* Donated appreciated of items always used around the site: Costco Baby Wipes, Clorox Wipes, dixie cups 5oz, Dry Erase Markers, post-it notes, pencils, ballpoint pens, band-aid, tissues, paper folders, Keurig cups, coffee cups.
* The August Networking Lounge Night is moved to a new date ofFriday, Aug. 24. There will be line-dancing and an education piece regarding navigating the SSI system for your adult. We will also hold the Parent Advisory Council meeting at this time, and all parents/careproviders are welcomed and encouraged to give input on how to grow this collegiate model thoughtfully, strategically, and most impactfully.
* New SCCOE Waiver Form: The Santa Clara Office of Education is requesting that all performers have this Waiver Form completed before performing. We don’t have any upcoming performances slated at this time; but if you could fill out this form and return it to DeAnna, we’ll have it on file the next time one of our touring troupes is invited to perform at any of the SCCOE sites.
- Monday, July 23: Photography Workshop by CAA Board Chair & Professional Photography Adrien LeBiavant, 1 – 2:30pm, CAA Site.
- Friday, July 27: Parent/Volunteer/Staff Appreciation Breakfastat the Site hosted by CAA Mountain Mover board members, 8:30 – 10am.
- Friday, Aug 24: Networking Lounge Night, 7:15 – 9pm: Line dance lessons for students + SSI avoiding mistakes for parent ed speaker + Parent Advisory Council Meeting
- Thursday, September 20: CAA 7th Annual Golf Classic, Santa Teresa Golf Club, 2 – 7:30pm
- Friday, Oct 26, Networking Lounge Night, 7:15 – 9pm – YouTube video favorites chosen by students + Brainstorming Caregiver Tips & Tricks for parent ed + Parent Advisory Council Meeting
- Sunday, November 4: 10th Annual Celebrating Abilities Short Film Fest, 2-5pm, 3Below Theatre in downtown San Jose
- Friday, November 16: CAA Family Thanksgiving Feast, 7:15 – 9pm, CAA site.
- Saturday, December 15: CAA Graduation & Holiday Concert Choir, 2-4pm, Historic Hoover Theatre
- Saturday, July 28: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, August 4: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, August 25: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, September 1: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, September 15: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Thursday, September 20: 7th Annual CAA Golf Classic, 2 – 7:30pm, STGC
- Saturday, October 6: End-of-Season Golf Team Party, Amato Pizza, 11:30am – 1pm