* Here is the 10-Page Complete Spring Quarter 2020 Distance Learning Packet diligently created by CAA Dean of Instruction Dr. Pamela to get all new and returning students set up for online learning for the Spring Quarter beginning next Monday, April 6 – all classes will begin online until further notice per the County of Santa Clara guidelines.
* College of Adaptive Arts is going to begin daily student check-ins for 30 minutes at 10am & 5pm to check in on each other, share ideas, take virtual walks in the back yard, suggest ideas for workshops, and share mindfulness strategies – for the next 8 weekdays while CAA is on Inter-Quarter break. Here’s the Zoom link – Professor De will lead the check-ins and hopefully other professors can visit on Zoom throughout the week! https://amernet.zoom.
* Optional HW Template: Syllable Scavenger Hunt: If your student likes to explore words, here’s a fun Syllable Scavenger Hunt template that he or she can use to find words of varying syllables and write them down. We’ll check in each weekday at 10am and 5pm to see how their lists are growing! 🙂
* How do YOU Spread the Love? CAA is beginning a #CAASpreadstheLove campaign on social media
How Do You CAA Spread the Love:
- Upload a photo of you or your student spreading love with a heart sign or a photo of what you are doing at home to spread the love
- Send the photo to email@example.com or FB Message College of Adaptive Arts to have CAA’s I CAA Watermark added to your photo
- Use the Hashtag #CAASpreadstheLove
- Tag your friends & ask them how they are spreading love & tag @CollegeofAdaptiveArts
* CAA Will Begin Posting Daily Things to Do When You’re At Home and we want your ideas/tips/links:
- Email or FB Message Us Your Ideas for Daily Posts:
- Take virtual tours of museums
- Tell us your favorite movie to watch
- Give us good art hack ideas
- Share good apps to download
- Tell us how you’re keeping healthy
* Here’s a nice Plain Language Information on the Coronavirus. It gives some useful guidance on how to share the information in plain language with your loved ones.
* CAA Honors Monthly Recurring Donors: Please visit CAA’s homepage to see the testimonials/photos of why the community is stepping up to continue grow this lifelong collegiate model – Monthly Recurring Donors are dearly appreciated and help us grow during trying times: http://www.
* Spring Quarter Schedule is now out and Proclass registration is open for currently-registered students. Course Schedule Attached. Open enrollment begins Monday, March 16. Spring Quarter begins Monday, April 6 and runs through Friday, June 19, 2020.
* Here’s a link to our Spring Quarter 2020 Course Description – lots of new an exciting course offerings for the upcoming quarter: April 6 – June 19, 2020.
Are you a writer? Have a wonderful experience from CAA? Have a Student who is a poet? Song Writers? Writer? Do you want to help promote CAA on our Blog page? Want to spread awareness about CAA?
Submit your blog to:caablog@
* The Regional Center Leadership has recently approved 10-Week Quarters for 2020 + a 2 times/year POS request vs. the current 4 times/year system. This means the first 2020 POS will include Winter and Spring Quarters 2020; the second POS for the year will encompass Summer & Fall Quarters.
Full 2020 Quarter Dates Below:
• Winter Quarter: Monday, Jan. 6 – Friday, March 20 – Mid-Quarter break: 2/10- 2/14
• Spring Quarter: Monday, April 6 – Friday, June 19 – Mid- Quarter break: 5/11 – 5/15
• Summer Quarter: Monday, July 6 – Friday, September 18 – Mid-quarter break: 8/10 – 8/14
• Fall Quarter: Monday, September 28 – Friday, December 18 – Mid-quarter break: 10/26 – 10/30 & Thanksgiving break: 11/23 – 11/27