* College of Adpative Arts Annual Graduation Ceremony & Holiday Concert Choir is Saturday, December 7 from 2-4pm at the Historic Hoover Theatre on Park Ave. Student Valedictorian is post-graduate Stephanie Mendoza. Keynote Speaker will be Daniel Peck, President of Mission College. Here’s the flyer for circulation and event registration link: https://donate.collegeofadaptivearts.org/event/2019-annual-holiday-concert-and-graduation-ceremony/e257540
*This Saturday, November 16 at CAA: Robotics Tournament at CAA with the Basis Independent High School Robotics Team. 11 – 1pm. Flyer attached – RSVP to email@example.com
* Here is a special CAA Discount Code to watch Graduate Ballet Dancers in the Los Gatos Nutcracker Ballet Performance – December 20 – 22, at the McAfee Performing Arts Center: the https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_lj9Ukn1a4uUSQCcB1V4rIhiBkbn4hrvWM9688fAiAw/viewform?edit_requested=true
* Fire & Earthquake Drills will be happeing at the site – 1/day of the week for the rest of the quarter. Please prepare your students that each class will be practicing these drills. This is a good time to call/check in with the front desk with any updated emergency contact information you’d like to provide in case of an emergency.
*New Winter Activity: CAA Gaming Team launching Saturday, November 16. As we ramp up the team for the Winter season, we’re starting with specific invite only for students who have demonstrated a passion for gaming and good sportsmanship. The team will meet twice a month – the fee for the season is $50. If you’d like your student to be considered for this team, please email Gaming Team Coaches Matt Lindsay, firstname.lastname@example.org, Angel Gonzalez, email@example.com, and Angel Coronado at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* CAA Annual Thanksgiving Potluck Feast: Friday, November 22nd – 7:30pm – 9pm. CAA Site. Thanksgiving Potluck – This annual event is a treat for CAA students and their family/caregiver. The potluck will be November 22, 7:30-9pm at CAA. Sign up online to bring a dish to share with 4+ people. If you want to volunteer for set-up, decorations or clean-up, please email Mary Pizzo and June Beck.
Here are links:
Online RSVP – https://www.doodle.com/poll/ifmcvcp8kktbvxrs
Mary Pizzo – email@example.com
June Beck – firstname.lastname@example.org
* There is a Holiday Gift Box Boutique happening this Saturday, November 16, from 10 – 3pm at the Willow Glen Community Center. One of our CAA students has a personal booth there if you’d like to go and search for some meaningful and fabulous holiday gifts.
* College of Adaptive Arts has been selected to have a float in the Christmas in the Park parade on Friday, November 29, 5pm. CAA Awesome Parent Volunteer Moira Brown is the lead for this project. She has created 3 separate documents on how you can help – thanks so very much in advance for your support! 🙂 Calling All Actors Flyer Calling All Decorators Flyer Calling All Ornaments Donations Flyer
* The Regional Center Leadership has recently approved 10-Week Quarters for 2020 + a 2 times/year POS request vs. the current 4 time/year system. This means the first 2020 POS will include Winter and Spring Quaters 2020; the second POS for the year will encompass Summer & Fall Quarters.
Full 2020 Quarter Dates Below:
• Winter Quarter: Monday, Jan. 6 – Friday, March 20 – Mid-Quarter break: 2/10- 2/14
• Spring Quarter: Monday, April 6 – Friday, June 19 – Mid- Quarter break: 5/11 – 5/15
• Summer Quarter: Monday, July 6 – Friday, September 18 – Mid-quarter break: 8/10 – 8/14
• Fall Quarter: Monday, September 28 – Friday, December 18 – Mid-quarter break: 10/26 – 10/30 & Thanksgiving break: 11/23 – 11/27
* Dr. Pamela Lindsay was bestowed the Sperling Alumni Achievement Award at the University of Phoenix Alumni Impact Awards in honor of the university’s 40th anniversary. This particular award is a special honor with just one recipient for work in honor of visionary founder John Sperling, the original developer of online education. Sperling was the first to create opportunities for adults who could not access classroom learning in a typical format due to work, age, schedule, etc. The award recognizes the work being done at College of Adaptive arts for similarly forward vision and progress, developing impactful access to education in new, unique ways with program processes based in Dr. Lindsay’s doctoral work and shared research.
* Please enjoy CAA’s latest blog: Challenging the Minds by Danie Weaver, Director, CAA’s School of Communications: http://www.collegeofadaptivearts.org/challenging-the-minds-by-danie-weaver-director-caa-school-of-communications/
* CAA Parent Volunteer Moira Brown has secured us seats for the San Jose Opera Performances – please email Moira if interested in tickets: email@example.com
Thursday, Nov. 14, 7:30 pm dress rehearsal – Hansel and Gretel
*Transforming Perception in the Community this Fall Quarter (Updates in red):
11/18- Thanksgiving Dance Party: All CAA Dancers @Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
11/22 CAA Thanksgiving Feast Holiday Potluck, CAA Site, 7:15 pm – 9 pm
11/24 Nutcracker Workshop @San Francisco Ballet 3:00-4:30
11/29 Christmas in the Park Parade! 5:00 pm
11/30 Tree Decorating Party Christmas in the Park 1:00-2:00 pm
11/30 CAA Talent Showcase Christmas in the Park 3:00-4:00 pm
11/30- All Dancers Christmas in the Park 4:00-6:00 pm
12/2 -Nutcracker Dancers 10:30-11:30 am
12/2— Grad Dance @ Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
12/16- Grad Dance /Nutcracker @ Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
12/18 – Grad Ballet Dancers have been invited to perform at the San Jose Rotary Club Holiday Luncheon, 12:30 pm, Summit Center in downtown San Jose
12/20 Nutcracker /Los Gatos Ballet
12/21 Nutcracker /Los Gatos Ballet
12/22 Nutcracker /Los Gatos Ballet
12/22 Nutcracker Dancers Christmas in the Park 6:00-7:00 pm
12/24- Grad Dancers Hammer Theatre Center/The New Ballet Nutcracker
1/27-Grad Dance @Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
2/8- All Dancers Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose
2/10- Valentine’s Dance Party: All CAA Dancers @Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
2/24- Belly Dancers @Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
3/9-Grad Dance @Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
4/6- Heroes Outreach/Latizmo @Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
4/20-Grad Dance @Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
5/4-Grad Dance @Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
5/9- Runway of Dreams
5/18- Grad Dance @Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
* Please enjoy our newest College of Adaptive Arts 10 Year Anniversary White Board Animation video about its growth over the past 10 years and the vision to take this collegiate model nationwide for adults hungry to continue to learn and flourish.
* Weekly Tours happen each Friday from 1-2 when school is in session.
Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour
of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
* Wish List of Donations to College of Adaptive Arts Always Sincerely Appreciated:
Tissues, Batteries All types, Granola Bars for Staff, Printer paper, Dry erase markers low odor, Purell hand sanitizer, Baby Wipes (For Art Classes), Paper Folders, Paper Towels