* Today!, Monday, December 10, there is a community performance at the Los Gatos Jewish Community Center
, 14855 Oka Rd, Los Gatos, CA 95032 from 11:30 – 12:15, and they will be providing us lunch to everyone right afterward. Please plan to arrive at about 11:10 am. Here’s the rundown of performances:
- Latizmo: 3 songs – Full Team; 2 songs – Dream Team
- Concert Choir: 3 sing-along songs with the audience
- Nutcracker Ballet – Last 20 minutes (time can be flexible)
* This Saturday, December 15: All are welcomed to attend CAA’s Annual Graduation Ceremony and Holiday Concert Choir. County Board Supervisor-Elect Susan Ellenberg will be delivering the keynote speech. Adaptive Guitar and Concert Choir students are diligently preparing beautiful sets for the ceremony. Hot cocoa & holiday cookie reception afterward: Graduation Ceremony Holiday Concert Choir Link
* This Sunday, December 16: Christmas in the Park Performance for the Following Touring Troupes: Cheer Squad, Pound Fit, Adaptive Guitar, Children’s Music Sing-Along, Concert Choir, & Latizmo. Please plan to arrive at 4:45pm.
* Look for a Bowling Team Kickoff Party to happen after the first of the year as CAA launches a new Bowling Team to commence at the start of the Winter Quarter, 2019.
* Winter Quarter 2019 Registration is Now Open to Currently Enrolled Students. Updated Winter Quarter Schedule Here. 47 Distinct Learning Experiences Offered Each Week. If using SARC, verification of initial communication with the Service Coordinators needs to happen within 1 week of registration or students move to the Wait List until communication has been confirmed. Please forward email communication to CAA Student Registrar, Katie Zeisl: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Here are the Updated Steps to Registration. Latest Update: if using Regional Center funding, the CAA Bursar needs to receive receipt of contact to begin POS processing with the Service Coordinator within 1 week of registration or students move to the Wait List for all classes. Students may not begin the new quarter if on the Wait List. All that is needed is confirmation via email the contact has been initiated to process the quarterly POS.
* Holiday Shopping Online?: Do your regular shopping on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon: AmazonSmile donates to College of Adaptive Arts: Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.com
* New Long-Sleeve Butter-Yellow 10-Year Anniversary T-shirts #CAATenYearsStrong Available in time for holiday shopping: $26 – all forms of payment accepted. Inquire with the site manager if interested in purchasing.
* Top Ten Lists: Send your Favorite Top Ten Reasons you Love CAA email@example.com to possibly be shared as well as in 2019 as we celebrate our 10 Year Anniversary beginning January 1, 2019.
* Children’s Music & Adaptive Guitar Classes: For the last 2 weeks of the Quarter, Children’s Music Sing-Along & Adaptive Guitar are going to combine their classes for a portion of the class to practice for some upcoming community performance sets at Sunday Friends and Christmas in the Park.
* New CAA Rotary Club of San Jose Digital Media Lab Officially Open to the Public: Hours: Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays: 3-7pm: The paint is dry. The carpets are clean. Now, all we need is you! Come to visit CAA’s new computer media lab! All are welcome! Prizes will be awarded to attendees who come to trainings of ViseoDesk, Scannex Scanner & Digital Media equipment! Read a book, Get IT Support, Use a computer, Preserve a memory, Relax, Read the fine print, Come discover what else you can do! Check in with CAA Lab Techs Chris Blackstone and James Fu to get setup or to answer any questions.
* Winter Quarter will begin Monday, January 7, 2019. Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
* Donated Item always appreciated: Paper Towels, Tissues, Dixie Cups, Plastic Utensils, Paper Plates, Coffee, Granola Bars, Clorox Wipes, Baby Wipes, Low Odor Dry Erase Markers, Paper Folders. 🙂
* Labeling Items & Checking Lost & Found: It’s a wonderful idea to label all items brought to the site as more and more students are embracing this lifelong learning model. Also, be sure to check the Lost and Found basket located in the corner of the lobby next to the merchandise shelves.