Please arrive in Council Chambers by 5:50 PM. Feel free to park in the garage underneath City Hall, on Santa Clara and 6th Streets. Follow signs for Council Chambers and take the elevator to the 2nd floor – I will be there to greet the group. If ADA access is needed, attendees are welcome to enter Chambers on the first floor – just follow the long hallway down to the side entrance on the left. Parking validation will be available in Chambers.
As for the format of the event, the Mayor will give an introduction, ask Curtis to speak on behalf of the group, then present the group with the commendation for a group picture.
* Spring Quarter Registration Now Open for Currently Enrolled Students! Here’s the Spring Quarter Schedule – registration is open to currently enrolled students only through Sunday, March 17. Spring Quarter begins Monday, April 1st.
* Transforming Perception in the Community This Week:
CAA Graduate Theatre Troupe Winter 2019 Traveling Preview Show : Saturday, March 16th at San Jose Museum of Art inside The Wendell Education Center with the actors dress rehearsal from 12:30 pm-2:00 pm, the performance from 2:30 pm-3:00 pm, and a meet & greet in the San Jose Museum of Art Cafe following the show from 3:00 pm-3:30 pm.
Event 2: CAA 10th Annual Celebrating Abilities Film Festival: Date, Time & Location: Saturday, April 6th at San Jose Museum of Art inside The Wendell Education Center from 12:00 pm-3:00 pm with a meet & greet following the event.
Event 3: CAA Graduate Theatre Troupe Spring 2019 Show: Date, Time & Location: Monday, June 3rd at City Lights Theater Company with the actors dress rehearsal from 1:00 pm-2:30 pm, the performance from 3:00 pm-3:30 pm and a reception in the City Lights Theater Company lobby from 3:30 pm-4:00 pm following the show.
* College of Adaptive Arts to receive a City of San Jose Commendation from Mayor Sam Liccardo. On Tuesday, March 12 at 6 pm at City Hall, the College of Adaptive Arts student body have been invited to receive a City of San Jose Commendation bestowed by Mayor Sam Liccardo. We invite the entire community to attend and watch the student body to receive this commendation. CAA student ambassador Curtis Kitaji will be giving the CAA address. Press Release Attached for Reference & Circulation.
* Input Requested for Networking Lounge/Parent Education Nights for 2019: Parent Volunteer Mary Pizzo is requesting input for topics for the parent education portion of CAA’s Quarterly Networking Lounge Nights, Parent Education Sessions, and Advisory Council meetings. Input/feedback form link here – and you can email email@example.com with topic ideas.
* Digital Media Lab Welcomes New Patrons: The College of Adaptive Arts Digital Media Lab is now open to all students and community members to access and learn, thanks to a generous grant from the Rotary Club of San Jose Foundation.
* Top Ten Lists: Send your Favorite Top Ten Reasons you Love CAA tojanet@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Thank you to the CAA Students and Parents who attended the Networking Lounge Night last Friday. Minutes attached. These nights are designed to bring together the student body to meet and greet outside of class time, and to allow parents and care providers to connect and share. CAA encourages everyone to come and give input on how to most strategically, impactfully, and mindfully grow this collegiate model of lifelong education.
* Professor Jay Torres is on the lookout for a small, round gold Michael Kors earring that was left in the dance area. If everyone could be on the lookout to locate the earring, we’d be deeply obliged to you!
* Weekly Tours happen each Friday from 1-2 when school is in session. Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
* [UPDATED] Donated Item always appreciated: Dixie Cups, Kcups of Coffee, Non-Latex Gloves, Flashlights, Dry erase markers. Snacks for the Staff, Paper towels, Paper plates, Tissues, Water bottles for staff, Printer Paper, Clorox wipes, Baby Wipes, Purell sanitizer
* Labeling Items & Checking Lost & Found: It’s a wonderful idea to label all items brought to the site as more and more students are embracing this lifelong learning model. Also, be sure to check the Lost and Found basket located in the corner of the lobby next to the merchandise shelves.
- Sunday, March 17: Latizmo Dancers to perform with Latizmo Productions at Children’s Discovery Museum, detailed information forthcoming
- Friday, April 5: Cheer & Pound Fit Troupes invited to perform at the Cupertino De Oro Club, 1:30 – 2:30 pm.
- Sunday, April 28, Graduate Dancers & Latizmo Dream Team to perform at sjDANCEco Festival at Santana Row – details forthcoming.
- Friday, May 3: Student Networking Lounge Night: Student Swap Meet & Showcase Night, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting, 7:15 – 9 pm
- Saturday, May 4: Children’s Music, Sign Language Class & Adaptive Guitar Troupes to perform at the Delta Kappa Gamma Women’s Education Sorority State Convention, 7 – 7:15 pm, Burlingame – detailed information forthcoming.
- Monday, May 13: CAA Giving Luncheon at Scott’s Seafood, 11:30 – 12:55 pm.
- Friday, August 9: Student Networking Lounge Night: Karaoke, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting, 7:15 – 9 pm
- Thursday, October 10: CAA 10 Year Celebration Gala, Saratoga Springs, 5 – 10:10 pm
- Friday, November 1: Student Networking Lounge Night: Open Mic Night, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting, 7:15 – 9 pm