* Opera San Jose is graciously extending to the CAA Family Dress Rehearsal tickets to next Thursday, February 13’s dress rehearsal production of Il Trovatore at the California Theater at 7:30 pm. Flyer attached. Please email CAA Parent Opera Liaison Moira Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve tickets.
* The Tabard Theatre has named CAA the Benefit-Charity for its upcoming production of 39 Steps, running this Thursday, Feb. 6 – March 1st. We’d love to have a large turnout from the CAA community to patron this wonderful show and celebrate the community partnership between CAA & the Tabard Theatre. Here’s information on the show & how to purchase tickets:
Mix a Hitchcock masterpiece with a juicy spy novel, add a dash of Monty Python and you have a fast-paced whodunit for anyone who loves the magic of theatre! This award-winning treat is packed with nonstop laughs, over 150 zany characters, an onstage plane crash, and some good old-fashioned romance!
“Theatre at its finest! … Absurdly enjoyable! This gleefully theatrical riff on Hitchcock’s
film is fast and frothy” — The New York Times
Free hands-on presentation for the visually impaired patrons Saturday, February 8, we offer a preshow for the visually impaired from 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm. Everyone is welcome.
Purchase Tickets Here: https://www.
*CAA Winter Quarter 2020 is a full force now welcoming 125 students who are eager to continue their education in 526 learning opportunities each week. CAA welcomes all new and returning students and families to this lifelong collegiate community.
*The School of Communications welcomes everyone to the 4th Annual Showcase Evening: Partnerships: Saturday, February 15, 6 – 8 pm, Campbell Church of Christ, (flyer attached) – Tickets $10 in advance; $15 at the door.
*New Winter Activity: CAA Gaming Team has now officially begun! For this first Winter season, we’re starting with a specific invite-only for students who have demonstrated a passion for gaming and good sportsmanship. The team will meet twice a month – the fee for the season is $50. If you’d like your student to be considered for this team, please email Gaming Team Coaches Matt Lindsay, matt.lindsay@
Are you a writer? Have a wonderful experience from CAA? Have a Student who is a poet? Song Writers? Writer? Do you want to help promote CAA on our Blog page? Want to spread awareness about CAA?
Submit your blog to:caablog@
* The Regional Center Leadership has recently approved 10-Week Quarters for 2020 + a 2 times/year POS request vs. the current 4 times/year system. This means the first 2020 POS will include Winter and Spring Quarters 2020; the second POS for the year will encompass Summer & Fall Quarters.
Full 2020 Quarter Dates Below:
• Winter Quarter: Monday, Jan. 6 – Friday, March 20 – Mid-Quarter break: 2/10- 2/14
• Spring Quarter: Monday, April 6 – Friday, June 19 – Mid- Quarter break: 5/11 – 5/15
• Summer Quarter: Monday, July 6 – Friday, September 18 – Mid-quarter break: 8/10 – 8/14
• Fall Quarter: Monday, September 28 – Friday, December 18 – Mid-quarter break: 10/26 – 10/30 & Thanksgiving break: 11/23 – 11/27
* Please enjoy CAA’s latest blog: Why We Give, by John O’Farrell & Gloria Principe, Longstanding School Underwriters of for the School of Theatre: http://www.
* Weekly Tours happen each Friday from 1-2 when school is in session. Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
* Wish List of Donations to College of Adaptive Arts Always Sincerely Appreciated:Low odor, dry erase pens, ballpoint pens (either in black or blue), Paper towel, paper plates, dixie cups, kcup coffee or tea, snack bars (for staff), printer paper, Clorox wipes, jugs of water, bottled water (staff), Tissues, college ruled lined paper