* Winter Quarter 2019 Registration is Now Open to Currently Enrolled Students. Here’s the Winter Quarter Schedule: 47 Distinct Learning Experiences Offered Each Week.
If using SARC, verification of initiatial communication with the Service Coordinators needs to happen within 1 week of registration or students move to the Wait List until communication has been confirmed. Please forward email communication to CAA Student Registrar, Katie Zeisl: email@example.com
* New Long-Sleeve 10-Year Anniversary T-shirts #CAATenYearsStrong Available in time for holiday shopping: $26 – all forms of payment accepted. Inquire with the site manager if interested in purchasing.
* Sunday, December 15: All are welcomed to attend CAA’s Annual Graduation Ceremony and Holiday Concert Choir. County Board Supervisor-Elect Susan Ellenberg will be delivering the keynote speech. Adaptive Guitar and Concert Choir students are diligently preparing beautiful sets for ceremony. Hot cocoa & holiday cookie reception afterwards: Graduation Ceremony Holiday Concert Choir Link
* Here are the Updated Steps to Registration. Latest Update: if using Regional Center funding, the CAA Bursar needs to receive receipt of contact to begin POS processing with the Service Coordinator within 1 week of registration or students move to the Wait List for all classes. Students may not begin the new quarter if on the Wait List. All that is needed is confirmation via email the contact has been initiated to process the quarterly POS.
* Thank you so very much who donated to College of Adaptive Arts on GivingTuesday. CAA was able to earn over $2,000 in donations. On behalf of the entire College of Adaptive Arts Mountain Movers Family, we thank you for believing in this innovative educational model for adults with special needs who are hungry for authentic lifelong learning opportunities.
* Holiday Shopping Online?: Do your regular shopping on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon: AmazonSmile donates to College of Adaptivea Arts: Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.com
* Top Ten Lists: Send your Favorite Top Ten Reasons you Love CAA firstname.lastname@example.org to possibly be shared as well as in 2019 as we celebrate our 10 Year Anniversary beginning January 1, 2019.
* This Friday: New Headshot Shoot: CAA’s new Professional photographer Josh Burger will be at the CAA site the entire day of Friday, December 7 to take new headshots for students and professors for an Updated Wall of Fame popup for all of the new students, professors and staff who have joined CAA’s ever-growing family in 2018.
* Children’s Music & Adaptive Guitar Classes: For the last 2 weeks of the Quarter, Children’s Music Sing-Along & Adaptive Guitar are going tocombine their classes for a portion of the class to practice for some upcoming community performance sets at Sunday Friends and Christmas in the Park.
* New CAA Rotary Club of San Jose Digital Media Lab Officially Open to the Public: Hours: Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays: 3-7pm: The paint is dry. The carpets are clean. Now all we need is you! Come visit CAA’s new computer media lab! All are welcome! Prizes will be awarded to attendees who come to trainings of ViseoDesk, Scannex Scanner & Digital Media equipment! Read a book, Get IT Support, Use a computer, Preserve a memory, Relax, Read the fine print, Come discover what else you can do! Check in with CAA Lab Techs Chris Blackstone and James Fu to get setup or to answer any questions.
* Winter Quarter will begin Monday, January 7, 2019. Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
#TransformingPerception this Week in the Community:
- Today! 12:30: Nutcracker Ballet Dancers to perform at Hester School on The Alameda.
- Wednesday, December 5, 11:30 – 12:30: Nutrcracker Ballet Dancers & Children’s Music [optional] to perform at San Mateo Early Childhood Education Center, 65 Tower Road, San Mateo (Professor De cannot attend)
- Saturday, December 8: Nutcracker Ballet Workshop & Tea at the CAA site – email email@example.com for details.
- Saturday, December 8: CAA School of Dance to Perform at Christmas in the Park from 2-4pm, firstname.lastname@example.org for full schedule run-down
- Sunday, December 9: CAA Nutcracker Ballet Dancers to practice at the site, 4-6pm.
* Donated Item always appreciated: Paper Towels, Tissues, Dixie Cups, Plastic Utensils, Paper Plates, Coffee, Granola Bars, Clorox Wipes, Baby Wipes, Low Odor Dry Erase Markers, Paper Folders. 🙂
* Labeling Items & Checking Lost & Found: It’s a wonderful idea to label all items brought to the site as more and more students are embracing this lifelong learning model. Also, be sure to check the Lost and Found basket located in the corner of the lobby next to the merchandise shelves.