* Seeking CAA Student Headshots: After complete enrollment is tallied on Friday, April 12, we will be creating a new Wall of Fame pop-up for all new students and staff who have joined the CAA family this past year. If you have a favorite shot you’d like to use in the pop-up, please email it to DeAnna email@example.com
* Registration now open for CAA’s Visionary Luncheon. Monday, May 13 at Scott’s Seafood from 11:30 am – 12:55 pm sharp. Hear the inspirational words of CAA graduate student Oliver Motiee, first CAA actor to be cast in a feature film on the silver screen. Here’s the Link to Register.
* Transforming Perception in the Community This Week:
- Saturday, April 13: Santa Cruz Costume Heroes for Autism Walk & 6th Annual Safety Fair, Pound Fit & Cheer Squad, 10:45 am, Del Mar Elementary, 1959 Merrill St., Santa Cruz, 95062: All students welcome – we’ll give you pom poms to cheer on the walkers! 🙂
- Here’s a Full List of Performing Dates Happening for All 10 Touring Troupes over the next 2 months – more forthcoming!
* New CAA Classroom Tables, Chairs, & Digital Informational Screens for the lobby forthcoming shortly thanks to a generous grant from the Rotary Club of San Jose Silicon Valley Foundation. Please consider having your student write the leadership of this Rotary Club a thank you card – we’ll be receiving the check this Friday at their weekly meeting.
* Professor Jay Torres’ company Hip Hop Productions is hosting a Prom this Saturday evening from 5-9pm at 30 Kirk Ave. Tickets are $30. Please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* Weekly Tours happen each Friday from 1-2 when school is in session. Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
* Donated Item always appreciated: Dixie Cups, Kcups of Coffee, Non-Latex Gloves, Flashlights, Dry erase markers. Snacks for the Staff, Paper towels, Paper plates, Tissues, Water bottles for staff, Printer Paper, Clorox wipes, Baby Wipes, Purell sanitizer
* Labeling Items & Checking Lost & Found: It’s a wonderful idea to label all items brought to the site as more and more students are embracing this lifelong learning model. Also, be sure to check the Lost and Found basket located in the corner of the lobby next to the merchandise shelves.
- Saturday, April 13: Santa Cruz Costume Heroes for Autism Walk & 6th Annual Safety Fair, Pound Fit & Cheer Squad, 10:45 am, Del Mar Elementary, 1959 Merrill St., Santa Cruz, 95062.
- Monday, April 15: Dream Team Latizmo Troupe, 10:40 – 11:40 am, Oak Knoll Elementary School, 1895 Oak Knoll Ln, Menlo Park, CA 94025.
- Wednesday, April 17: Chandler Tripp Preschool School, Heroes Outreach Troupe & Children’s Music Sing-Along, 780 Thornton Way, San Jose, CA 95128, 10:45apm – 12:15 pm
- Saturday, April 20: Bunnies and Bonnets Easter Parade, Downtown Campbell, 10:45 am, Cheer, Latizmo & Belly Dancers.
- Sunday, April 28, Graduate Dancers & Latizmo Dream Team to perform at sjDANCEco Festival at Santana Row – details forthcoming.
- Friday, May 3: Student Networking Lounge Night: Student Swap Meet & Showcase Night, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting, 7:15 – 9 pm
- Saturday, May 4: Children’s Music, Sign Language Class & Adaptive Guitar Troupes to perform at the Delta Kappa Gamma Women’s Education Sorority State Convention, 7 – 7:15 pm, Burlingame – detailed information forthcoming.
- Monday, May 13: CAA Giving Luncheon at Scott’s Seafood, 11:30 – 12:55 pm.
- CAA Graduate Theatre Troupe Spring 2019 Show: Date, Time & Location: City Lights Theater Company with the actors dress rehearsal from 1:00 pm-2:30 pm, the performance from 3:00 pm-3:30 pm and a reception in the City Lights Theater Company lobby from 3:30 pm-4:00 pm following the show.
- Friday, August 9: Student Networking Lounge Night: Karaoke, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting, 7:15 – 9 pm
- Thursday, October 10: CAA 10 Year Celebration Gala, Saratoga Springs, 5 – 10:10 pm
- Friday, November 1: Student Networking Lounge Night: Open Mic Night, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting, 7:15 – 9 pm