* Spring Quarter of Instruction Begins Today!!! On behalf of the entire community of CAA Mountain Movers for Lifelong Learning for All – we’d like to welcome back returning students and their incredible parents and welcome all new students and their families to this innovative equitable collegiate model of creating Successful Contributing Citizens through education.
* The SARC leadership team that they have increased the number of approved classes each quarter to 12. If you could email words of thanks and gratitude to the SARC leadership team of Javier Zaldivar, Irene De La Rosa and Arushie Arushie Nugapitiya, they are the civic leaders that made this opportunity possible adults in our community eager to continue learning and growing.
* Tuesday Night Ceramics class is now “Fun With Famous Artists”- on Tuesdays, 6-7PM is a NEW class where students get to explore artists who shaped the art world. Engaging stories about artists and their work, virtual visits to famous museums, and student artwork created in the style of these masterful artists will teach them about the history of art while having fun in the process.
* The registration Add/Drop Window will be extended through Week 3 of instruction – which now ends on Friday, April 24.
* Zoom Tours for new prospective students & careproviders; Professor De will be giving online tours daily for any new prospective students and their parents/decision makers. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Here is the Spring Quarter of Course offerings (62 in total) and Complete Course Descriptions Document. Please email Student Registrar Katie Zeisl katie@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Here is the 10-Page Complete Spring Quarter 2020 Distance Learning Packet diligently created by CAA Dean of Instruction Dr. Pamela to get all new and returning students set up for online learning for the Spring Quarter beginning next Monday, April 6 – all classes will begin online until further notice per the County of Santa Clara guidelines.
* Professor De will continue Zoom student check-ins throughout the Shelter in Place period each day at 10am – 10:30am & 4pm – 4:30pm in between classes. Updated Zoom link & password forthcoming on Monday.
* Professor De has a personal bucket list goal to give a TED Talk about growing up with her sister and how it inspired her to co-found College of Adaptive Arts. She’s giving the talk each Saturday at 1:30pm through Zoom. Please email deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* How do YOU Spread the Love? CAA is beginning a #CAASpreadstheLove campaign on social media
How Do You CAA Spread the Love:
- Upload a photo of you or your student spreading love with a heart sign or a photo of what you are doing at home to spread the love
- Send the photo to email@example.com or FB Message College of Adaptive Arts to have CAA’s I CAA Watermark added to your photo
- Use the Hashtag #CAASpreadstheLove
- Tag your friends & ask them how they are spreading love & tag @CollegeofAdaptiveArts
* CAA Will Begin Posting Daily Things to Do When You’re At Home and we want your ideas/tips/links:
- Email or FB Message Us Your Ideas for Daily Posts:
- Take virtual tours of museums
- Tell us your favorite movie to watch
- Give us good art hack ideas
- Share good apps to download
- Tell us how you’re keeping healthy
* CAA Honors Monthly Recurring Donors: Please visit CAA’s homepage to see the testimonials/photos of why the community is stepping up to continue grow this lifelong collegiate model – Monthly Recurring Donors are dearly appreciated and help us grow during trying times: http://www.
* Here’s a link to our Spring Quarter 2020 Course Description – lots of new an exciting course offerings for the upcoming quarter: April 6 – June 19, 2020.
Are you a writer? Have a wonderful experience from CAA? Have a Student who is a poet? Song Writers? Writer? Do you want to help promote CAA on our Blog page? Want to spread awareness about CAA?
Submit your blog to:caablog@
* The Regional Center Leadership has recently approved 10-Week Quarters for 2020 + a 2 times/year POS request vs. the current 4 times/year system. This means the first 2020 POS will include Winter and Spring Quarters 2020; the second POS for the year will encompass Summer & Fall Quarters.
Full 2020 Quarter Dates Below:
• Winter Quarter: Monday, Jan. 6 – Friday, March 20 – Mid-Quarter break: 2/10- 2/14
• Spring Quarter: Monday, April 6 – Friday, June 19 – Mid- Quarter break: 5/11 – 5/15
• Summer Quarter: Monday, July 6 – Friday, September 18 – Mid-quarter break: 8/10 – 8/14
• Fall Quarter: Monday, September 28 – Friday, December 18 – Mid-quarter break: 10/26 – 10/30 & Thanksgiving break: 11/23 – 11/27