* Community Performance Today: All CAA Dancers invited to perform at Hester Cluster, 1460 The Alameda, from 12:30 pm – 2 pm.
* This Friday: You Are Cordially Invited to the CAA Annual Thanksgiving Potluck Feast: 7:30 pm – 9 pm. CAA Site. Thanksgiving Potluck – This annual event is a treat for CAA students and their family/caregiver. The potluck will be November 22, 7:30-9 pm at CAA. Sign up online to bring a dish to share with 4+ people. If you want to volunteer for set-up, decorations or clean-up, please email Mary Pizzo and June Beck.
* Here is the Updated Special CAA Discount Code to watch Graduate Ballet Dancers in the Los Gatos Nutcracker Ballet Performance – December 20 – 22, at the McAfee Performing Arts Center:
* College of Adaptive Arts Annual Graduation Ceremony & Holiday Concert Choir is Saturday, December 7 from 2-4 pm at the Historic Hoover Theatre on Park Ave. Student Valedictorian is post-graduate Stephanie Mendoza. Keynote Speaker will be Daniel Peck, President of Mission College. Here’s the flyer for circulation and event registration link: https://donate.
* Fire & Earthquake Drills will be happening at the site – 1/day of the week for the rest of the quarter. Please prepare your students that each class will be practicing these drills. This is a good time to call/check in with the front desk with any updated emergency contact information you’d like to provide in case of an emergency.
*New Winter Activity: CAA Gaming Team has now officially begun! As we ramp up the team for the Winter season, we’re starting with specific invite only for students who have demonstrated a passion for gaming and good sportsmanship. The team will meet twice a month – the fee for the season is $50. If you’d like your student to be considered for this team, please email Gaming Team Coaches Matt Lindsay, matt.lindsay@
* College of Adaptive Arts has been selected to have a float in the Christmas in the Park parade on Friday, November 29, 5pm. CAA Awesome Parent Volunteer Moira Brown is the lead for this project – she is doing a phenomenal job, and they will be continuing to work on the construction this week in the evenings at the site: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
* The Regional Center Leadership has recently approved 10-Week Quarters for 2020 + a 2 times/year POS request vs. the current 4 time/year system. This means the first 2020 POS will include Winter and Spring Quaters 2020; the second POS for the year will encompass Summer & Fall Quarters.
Full 2020 Quarter Dates Below:
* Please enjoy CAA’s latest blog: Challenging the Minds by Danie Weaver, Director, CAA’s School of Communications: http://www.
*Transforming Perception in the Community this Fall Quarter (Updates in red):
11/18- Thanksgiving Dance Party: All CAA Dancers @Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
* Please enjoy our newest College of Adaptive Arts 10 Year Anniversary White Board Animation video about its growth over the past 10 years and the vision to take this collegiate model nationwide for adults hungry to continue to learn and flourish.
* Weekly Tours happen each Friday from 1-2 when school is in session. Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
* Wish List of Donations to College of Adaptive Arts Always Sincerely Appreciated: