* Summer Schedule has many new and exciting Course Offerings!! Add/drop window is open through this July 19, for any and all prospective adults in the community who are interested in continuing his or her education in a safe and adaptive collegiate environment.
* A true and sincere thanks to the Rotary Club of San Jose Silicon Valley Foundation for their support of new classroom tables and chairs, professionalizing CAA’s collegiate learning space.
* The newly formed Rotary Club of Evergreen has invited CAA Students and their families to be their guests at the Friday, July 19 San Jose Giants baseball game. Please email DeAnna atdeanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Lots of new courses offerings to select from in the Summer Schedule of Classes. Summer Quarter runs today, July 8 – Friday, September 13. Mid-Quarter Break [No CAA Classes] is August 12 – 16. If you are with the Regional Center, we request that confirmation of communication with the Service Coordinator happens prior to the start of the quarter. Students will move to Wait List status until confirmation of communication is confirmed – please email Student Registrar Katie Zeisl: katie@collegeofadaptivearts.
* CAA is striving to secure the GreatNonprofit 2019 Top-Rated Badge. To secure this badge, CAA seeks at least 12 individuals to Share their Story of how CAA has impacted their lives. Thank you in advance for helping to Move the Mountain for adults hungry to keep learning and becoming the best versions of themselves.
* Please enjoy CAA’s latest Blog: Honoring Two Very Special Behind-the-Scenes Mountain Movers, Richard Hermerding & Bobbi Tafoya.
* CAA received the Guidestar 2019 Seal of Transparency. Please share widely in your networks – CAA is committed to growing this innovative model one positive conversation at a time. Here is CAA’s 2018-2019 Annual Report for reference and circulation.
* In 2019, CAA has now secured 62 new monthly recurring donors;38 to go by 10/10 at 10:10pm. If you’d like to sign up to be a recurring donor and help Move the Mountain for special needs adults hungry to continue learning and becoming successful contributing citizens, you can sign uphere. CAA will send you a super-fun prize in the mail to everyone who becomes a monthly recurring donor. #CAA10YearsStrong #WeAreDifferentWeAreAble #WeAreSanJose #
Two messages from your Librarian, Professor Suzanne:
1) Hello and welcome to summer quarter. I have a new assistant, Locket. She is my guide dog and while she is cute and very friendly, please don’t make eye contact or pet her. I will happily answer any questions you may have. With appreciation, Suzanne, your librarian.
2) Shakespeare in the Park [Pass-Along Information]
* 10 Year Graphic Challenge: We invite anyone to submit a sketch, artwork, or poem of what CAA means to you. We will be adding all creations to the 10 year 3-D large display of the number 10 that the CAA prop class will be creating with each of your artistic submissions. Send your sketch over to Professor Anthony at anthony@collegeofadaptivearts.
* You Are Cordially Invited: On Saturday, July 20 at 2pm Professor De is going to present the latest draft of a Ted Talk presentation that she plans to submit for consideration. It’s the story of why CAA was created through the eyes of an adult with a differing ability. All are welcome to come and hear and give feedback and input. She’ll also be presenting new volunteer committee opportunities the Mountain Movers board has developed – please email DeAnna at deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Student Bio Sheet: Please submit your student’s profile this week: We will be creating a wall of student headshots/bios in our new space in Suite 270. Here is a soft copy of the Bio Sheet; also, the questions are below if you want to send your answers electronically to CAA parent volunteer: June Beck: email@example.com to compile all Student Bios.Name:
* Golf Season 2019 is Here! – All Practices will be held at Santa Teresa Golf Club: Cost is $50 for golfers; do not have to be a registered CAA student to participate:
* A Note From Professor Danie: As the weather get’s warmer, please make sure your student drinks water to prevent dehydration. Also, please make sure all student items such as water bottles and backpacks are labeled with their names.
* Updated Donation Wish List:
* Weekly Tours happen each Friday from 1-2 when school is in session. Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
Looking Ahead on the CAA Calendar (Complete list on the Community Calendar of the CAA Website Homepage: