|*CAA is closed today, Monday, January 20 in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. national holiday. On behalf of the entire College of Adaptive Arts Mountain Movers Family, we wish you all a wonderful, safe and restful day.
*CAA Winter Quarter 2020 is a full force now welcoming 125 students who are eager to continue their education in 526 learning opportunities each week. CAA welcomes all new and returning students and families to this lifelong collegiate community.
*Monthly Library Lecture Series: Next Monday, January 27: Darren Peck, a Certified Broadcast Meteorologist
A note from School of Library Arts Director
Hello Students and Families!
The Library Lecture Series is now in its fourth season! Thank you so much for your support and continuing patronage. We will be kicking off the 2020 season with a lecture on the Science of Meteorology with Daren Peck. See the flyer for details.
I’ll look forward to seeing you on Jan 27, 1.30–2.30! Please send your RSVP to Suzanne at email@example.com by Jan 23, 2020.
*The School of Communications welcomes everyone to the 4th Annual Showcase Evening: Partnerships: Saturday, February 15, 6 – 8 pm, Campbell Church of Christ, (flyer attached) – Tickets $10 in advance; $15 at the door.
*New Winter Activity: CAA Gaming Team has now officially begun! For this first Winter season, we’re starting with a specific invite-only for students who have demonstrated a passion for gaming and good sportsmanship. The team will meet twice a month – the fee for the season is $50. If you’d like your student to be considered for this team, please email Gaming Team Coaches Matt Lindsay, firstname.lastname@example.org, Angel Gonzalez, email@example.com, and Angel Coronado at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Regional Center Leadership has recently approved 10-Week Quarters for 2020 + a 2 times/year POS request vs. the current 4 times/year system. This means the first 2020 POS will include Winter and Spring Quarters 2020; the second POS for the year will encompass Summer & Fall Quarters.
Full 2020 Quarter Dates Below:
• Winter Quarter: Monday, Jan. 6 – Friday, March 20 – Mid-Quarter break: 2/10- 2/14
• Spring Quarter: Monday, April 6 – Friday, June 19 – Mid- Quarter break: 5/11 – 5/15
• Summer Quarter: Monday, July 6 – Friday, September 18 – Mid-quarter break: 8/10 – 8/14
• Fall Quarter: Monday, September 28 – Friday, December 18 – Mid-quarter break: 10/26 – 10/30 & Thanksgiving break: 11/23 – 11/27
* Please enjoy CAA’s latest blog: Why We Give, by John O’Farrell & Gloria Principe, Longstanding School Underwriters of for the School of Theatre: http://www.collegeofadaptivearts.org/why-we-give-by-john-ofarrell-gloria-principe-longstanding-school-of-theatre-underwriters/
* Weekly Tours happen each Friday from 1-2 when school is in session. Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
* Wish List of Donations to College of Adaptive Arts Always Sincerely Appreciated:
Tissues, Batteries All types, Granola Bars for Staff, Printer paper, Dry erase markers low odor, Purell hand sanitizer, Baby Wipes (For Art Classes), Paper Folders, Paper Towels