* Today!! Wonderful Library Lecture Series Speaker: Monday, September 9, 1:30 – 2:30pm:
“Let Me Tell You My Story” by Doc Lewis: Monday, September 9th from 1:30 pm-2:30 pm at CAA. Grammy-nominated gospel singer, author, radio host, motivational speaker, and staunch supporter of Special Olympics, Doc Lewis has many stories to tell. The most important may be the one at the beginning, when he was born four months premature. His grandmother refused the doctor’s declaration that he was brain dead and gathered friends and family to will him to life. This is when his story begins. Workshop Fee:
$10 in cash, or a check to cover the event costs. Scholarships are also available by request. RSVP for Event:
To attend the Library Lecture, please email CAA’s Director, School of Theatre & Special Events, Katie Zeisl at firstname.lastname@example.org
* This is the final week for Current Student Registration for the Fall Quarter which begins Tuesday, October 1st. Here is the Fall Quarter Schedule for Reference & Circulation. Open enrollment to new students begins on Saturday, September 14. Fall Quarter 2019 Begins Tuesday, October 1st – Monday, December 16.
Transforming Perception this Week in the Community:
* Today, September 9: Graduate Dancers at Hester School, 12:30 -1:30pm.
* The 8th Annual Golf Classic is Now Open for Registration! Top Fundraising Team wins a Tour of Pixar in Emeryville!
Top Fundraising Teams to Date:
Par-Tee On: $3423
Team Ariel: $1,133
*All Fundraising Teams* which reach a $3,000 goal will be invited to a private party at the Pursai home including a home-cooked Indian dinner. 🙂
Updated Golf Classic Day-Of Schedule: Thursday, September 26, 11:30am Registration; 12:30 – 1:30 Luncheon Banquet; 2:15 – Shotgun/Best Ball 9-Hole Tee-Off. Bring out a 3-some and CAA will put a student golfer as your 4th player – it’s a very joyful afternoon sharing the camaraderie of the love of golf. Seeking New Corporate Sponsors – Email CAA Mountain Mover Steve Fiss for more information – email@example.com
* As of September 9, CAA has gotten 71 new monthly recurring donors; 29 to go by 10/10 at 10:10 pm. If you’d like to sign up to be a recurring donor and help Move the Mountain for special needs adults hungry to continue learning and becoming successful contributing citizens, you can sign up here. CAA will send you a super-fun prize in the mail to everyone who becomes a monthly recurring donor. Professor De has just announced that she will get a CAA Tatoo in her left arm if we reach 100 monthly recurring donors by 10/10 at 10:10 pm. #CAA10YearsStrong #WeAreDifferentWeAreAble #WeAreSanJose #SuccessfulContributingCitizens #BestCollegeEver
* CAA has registered to participate in the Backesto Park Chalk Art Festival on Saturday, September 21st from 10am – 1:30pm. All student artists are welcome to come and help create a magnificant CAA chalk art masterpiece. Care providers are asked to stay with the students for this event.
* Here is a link to Professor De’s Talk at the Cupertino Rotary Club this past week. She appreciates all input and feedback as she’s got a personal goal to give a draft of this speech on a TED Talk sometime in her lifetime.
* Please enjoy our newest College of Adaptive Arts 10 Year Anniversary White Board Animation video about its growth over the past 10 years and the vision to take this collegiate model nationwide for adults hungry to continue to learn and flourish.
* CAA just received its 2019 Great NonProfits Top-Rated Badge thanks to your support and reviews. We are deeply appreciative to each of you who have shared their thoughts and insights on this innovative educational model. We invite you all to continue to share here: Share Your Story Here
* Please enjoy CAA’s latest touching and poignant Blog: A Breath of Fresh Air by Professor Sharon Lea.
* Digital Media Lab Updated Hours – Facilitated by CAA Social Media Lead & Podcasting Professor Anthony Nguyen:
Additionally, the right corner computer is always on now for the community for community access and support.
* CAA received the Guidestar 2019 Seal of Transparency. Please share widely in your networks – CAA is committed to growing this innovative model one positive conversation at a time. Here is CAA’s 2018-2019 Annual Report for reference and circulation..
* Student Bio Sheet: All 114 Students Photos are now up on the wall in Suite 270 – Now we need to attach their authentic voice through the Student Bio Sheets: Here is a soft copy of the Bio Sheet; also, the questions are below if you want to send your answers electronically to CAA parent volunteer: June Beck: firstname.lastname@example.org to compile all Student Bios.Name:
What you would like the world to know about adults with disabilities:
Proudest CAA Moment:
* Golf Season 2019 is Here! – All Practices will be held at Santa Teresa Golf Club: Cost is $50 for golfers; do not have to be a registered CAA student to participate:
- Saturday, September 21: 10 am-Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Thursday, September 26: 7th Annual CAA Golf Classic, 2 – 7:30 pm, Santa Teresa Golf Club
* A Note From Professor Danie: As the weather gets warmer, please make sure your student drinks water to prevent dehydration. Also, please make sure all student items such as water bottles and backpacks are labeled with their names.
* Updated Donation Wish List:
Dry Erase markers low odor
Insulated Coffee Cups
Water bottles for Staff
Granola bars for Staff