* A true and sincere thanks to everyone who attended the Annual CAA Graduation & Holiday Concert Choir this past Saturday.
CAA 2019 Student Valedictorian gave an outstanding speech to a packed auditorium. Mission College President Daniel Peck gave the keynote address to the graduates. A true thanks to the community for the growing support of this equitable and lifelong collegiate model of higher education. <3
* Change in the Winter 2020 Schedule: After 5 years of excellent teaching on Friday evening’s, Professor Jay is going to take a break from Friday night Latizmo. CAA will be offering 2 classes now on Friday nights from 6-7pm: Friday Fusion Dance Party by Professor Nicole M. & The Practice of Gratefulness & Mindfulness by Professor De Pursai 🙂 Here is the updated 2020 Course Schedule & Winter 2020 Course Description Catalog pdfs for reference and circulation.
* Today!!! Library Lecture Series: RoboRaces 2 at CAA from 12:30 – 2:30 pm in conjunction with the Basis Independent High School Robotics Team. Email Professor Katie if your student is interested in attending.
* Wednesday, December 11, 7:15 pm: There will be a Special Interactive South Indian Dance Workshop by Oju Chaundary, Notre Dame High School Student & daughter of Archana from the Adobe Team who brought gifts & her team this past week to wrap for the children of Chandler Tripp Preschool.
* Next Monday, December 16 we’ll be having the last day of the Fall Quarter as CAA had to begin on a Tuesday, Oct 1st this year due to the need to not overlap POS months per the Regional Center.
* Here is the Updated Special CAA Discount Code to watch Graduate Ballet Dancers in the Los Gatos Nutcracker Ballet Performance – December 20 – 22, at the McAfee Performing Arts Center:
https://losgatosballet.org/index.html There is a button “Buy Tickets”, use the code JOY19 (needs to be in all caps) and you will receive 10% off the ticket price. After you add the tickets to your cart you can choose your seats.
* Fire & Earthquake Drills will be happening at the site – 1/day of the week for the rest of the quarter. Please prepare your students that each class will be practicing these drills. This is a good time to call/check in with the front desk with any updated emergency contact information you’d like to provide in case of an emergency.
*New Winter Activity: CAA Gaming Team has now officially begun! As we ramp up the team for the Winter season, we’re starting with specific invite only for students who have demonstrated a passion for gaming and good sportsmanship. The team will meet twice a month – the fee for the season is $50. If you’d like your student to be considered for this team, please email Gaming Team Coaches Matt Lindsay, email@example.com, Angel Gonzalez, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Angel Coronado at email@example.com.
* The Regional Center Leadership has recently approved 10-Week Quarters for 2020 + a 2 times/year POS request vs. the current 4 time/year system. This means the first 2020 POS will include Winter and Spring Quaters 2020; the second POS for the year will encompass Summer & Fall Quarters.
Full 2020 Quarter Dates Below:
• Winter Quarter: Monday, Jan. 6 – Friday, March 20 – Mid-Quarter break: 2/10- 2/14
• Spring Quarter: Monday, April 6 – Friday, June 19 – Mid- Quarter break: 5/11 – 5/15
• Summer Quarter: Monday, July 6 – Friday, September 18 – Mid-quarter break: 8/10 – 8/14
• Fall Quarter: Monday, September 28 – Friday, December 18 – Mid-quarter break: 10/26 – 10/30 & Thanksgiving break: 11/23 – 11/27
* Please enjoy CAA’s latest blog: Why We Give, by John O’Farrell & Gloria Principe, Longstanding School Underwriters of for the School of Theatre: http://www.collegeofadaptivearts.org/why-we-give-by-john-ofarrell-gloria-principe-longstanding-school-of-theatre-underwriters/
*Transforming Perception in the Community:
12/18-Grad Dancer/Nutcracker Dancers@ Rotary Holiday Luncheon 12:00
12/20 Nutcracker /Los Gatos Ballet
12/21 Nutcracker /Los Gatos Ballet
12/22 Nutcracker /Los Gatos Ballet
12/22 Nutcracker Dancers Christmas in the Park 6:00-7:00 pm
12/24- Grad Dancers Hammer Theatre Center/The New Ballet Nutcracker
1/27-Grad Dance @ Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
2/8- All Dancers Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose
2/10- Valentine’s Dance Party: All CAA Dancers @ Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
2/24- Belly Dancers @ Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
3/9-Grad Dance @ Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
4/6- Heroes Outreach/Latizmo @ Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
4/20-Grad Dance @ Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
5/4-Grad Dance @ Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
5/9- Runway of Dreams
5/18- Grad Dance @Hester 12:30-2:00 pm
* Please enjoy our newest College of Adaptive Arts 10 Year Anniversary White Board Animation video about its growth over the past 10 years and the vision to take this collegiate model nationwide for adults hungry to continue to learn and flourish.
* Weekly Tours happen each Friday from 1-2 when school is in session.
Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour
of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
* Wish List of Donations to College of Adaptive Arts Always Sincerely Appreciated:
Tissues, Batteries All types, Granola Bars for Staff, Printer paper, Dry erase markers low odor, Purell hand sanitizer, Baby Wipes (For Art Classes), Paper Folders, Paper Towels