* A true and sincere thank you to Professor Katie Zeisl and the School of Theatre team for making the Professional Audition Workshop the most impactful and professional yet
!! A sincere thanks to our wonderful community partner of City Lights Theatre Company with the tremendous support of Lisa Malette & Ron Gasparinetti for giving the students a professional theatre experience.
Transforming Perception this Week in the Community:
* Today, August 19, 12:30 pm: Graduate Dancers to perform at Hester School, 1460 The Alameda.
* Please enjoy our newest College of Adaptive Arts 10 Year Anniversary White Board Animation video about its growth over the past 10 years and the vision to take this collegiate model nationwide for adults hungry to continue to learn and flourish.
* CAA just received its 2019 Great NonProfits Top-Rated Badge thanks to your support and reviews. We are deeply appreciative to each of you who have shared their thoughts and insights on this innovative educational model. We invite you all to continue to share here: Share Your Story Here
* The 8th Annual Golf Classic is Now Open for Registration! Top Fundraising Team wins a Tour of Pixar in Emeryville! The first Golf Team registered just this morning and has begun fundraising! Date of the Golf Classic: Thursday, September 26, 2pm at Santa Teresa Golf Club. Bring out a 3-some and CAA will put a student golfer as your 4th player – it’s a very joyful afternoon sharing the camaraderie of the love of golf. Seeking New Corporate Sponsors – Email CAA Mountain Mover Steve Fiss for more information – email@example.com
* Please enjoy A Perspective from a Long-standing Donor, Erin Benford of the Sereno Group of Willow Glen.
* Digital Media Lab Updated Hours –
Facilitated by CAA Social Media Lead & Podcasting Professor Anthony Nguyen:
Additionally, the right corner computer is always on now for the community for community access and support.
* CAA received the Guidestar 2019 Seal of Transparency. Please share widely in your networks – CAA is committed to growing this innovative model one positive conversation at a time. Here is CAA’s 2018-2019 Annual Report for reference and circulation..
* In 2019, CAA has now secured 66 new monthly recurring donors; 34 to go by 10/10 at 10:10pm. If you’d like to sign up to be a recurring donor and help Move the Mountain for special needs adults hungry to continue learning and becoming successful contributing citizens, you can sign up here. CAA will send you a super-fun prize in the mail to everyone who becomes a monthly recurring donor. #CAA10YearsStrong #WeAreDifferentWeAreAble #WeAreSanJose #SuccessfulContributingCitizens #BestCollegeEver
* Student Bio Sheet: All 114 Students Photos are now up on the wall in Suite 270 – Now we need to attach their authentic voice through the Student Bio Sheets: Here is a soft copy of the Bio Sheet; also, the questions are below if you want to send your answers electronically to CAA parent volunteer: June Beck: firstname.lastname@example.org to compile all Student Bios.Name:
What you would like the world to know about adults with disabilities:
Proudest CAA Moment:
* Golf Season 2019 is Here! – All Practices will be held at Santa Teresa Golf Club: Cost is $50 for golfers; do not have to be a registered CAA student to participate:
Saturday, August 24: 10 am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
Saturday, September 7: 10 am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, September 21: 10 am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Thursday, September 26: 7th Annual CAA Golf Classic, 2 – 7:30pm, Santa Teresa Golf Club
* A Note From Professor Danie: As the weather get’s warmer, please make sure your student drinks water to prevent dehydration. Also, please make sure all student items such as water bottles and backpacks are labeled with their names.
* Updated Donation Wish List:
Dry Erase markers low odor
Insulated Coffee Cups
Water bottles for Staff
Granola bars for Staff
* Weekly Tours happen each Friday from 1-2 when school is in session.
Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour
of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
Looking Ahead on the CAA Calendar (Complete list on the Community Calendar of the CAA Website Homepage:
- [NEW DATE/TIME FORTHCOMING]: Student Networking Lounge Night: Karoke, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting, 7:15 – 9pm
- Thursday, September 26: CAA Golf Classic, Santa Teresa Golf Club, 2pm tee-off, 6pm BBQ banquet dinner
- Thursday, October 10: CAA 10 Year Celebration Gala, Saratoga Springs, 5 – 10:10pm
- [New date/time forthcoming]: Student Networking Lounge Night: Open Mic Night, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting