* Input Requested for Networking Lounge/Parent Education Nights for 2019: Parent Volunteer Mary Pizzo is requesting input for topics for the parent education portion of CAA’s Quarterly Networking Lounge Nights, Parent Education Sessions, and Advisory Council meetings. Input/feedback form link here – and you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with topic ideas.
* College of Adaptive Arts will be conducting earthquake and fire drills this week. Please let your student know that these drills will be taking place next week.
* The students of the School of Communications proudly invite you to attend their 3rd Annual Showcase Night entitled Metamorphasis on Saturday, February 16 at the Campbell Church of Christ, 1075 W. Campbell Ave., from 6-8pm. It’s going to be a powerful and transformative evening celebrating the artistic abilities of spoken word and sign. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door:
* Professional Headshot New Date Forthcoming Shortly: Here’s the Smugmug link of Josh’s first round of headshots:
* Digital Media Lab Welcomes New Patrons: The College of Adaptive Arts Digital Media Lab is now open to all students and community members to access and learn, thanks to a generous grant from the Rotary Club of San Jose Foundation.
* Top Ten Lists: Send your Favorite Top Ten Reasons you Love CAA tojanet@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Weekly Tours happen each Friday from 1-2 when school is in session. Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
* Donated Item always appreciated: Paper Towels, Tissues, Dixie Cups, Plastic Utensils, Paper Plates, Coffee, Granola Bars, Clorox Wipes, Baby Wipes, Low Odor Dry Erase Markers, Paper Folders. 🙂
* Labeling Items & Checking Lost & Found: It’s a wonderful idea to label all items brought to the site as more and more students are embracing this lifelong learning model. Also, be sure to check the Lost and Found basket located in the corner of the lobby next to the merchandise shelves.
- Monday, February 11 – Friday, February 15: CAA Mid-Quarter Break, NO CAA CLASSES HAPPENING ALL WEEK
- Sat. February 16, 6 pm – 8 pm: CAA Annual Communications Showcase, 1075 W Campbell Ave, Campbell, CA 95008, USA (map)
- Friday, March 1: Student Networking Lounge Night: Favorite YouTube Videos, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting, 7:15 – 9 pm
- Sunday, March 3: Latizmo Dancers invited to perform at SJSU International House Pancake Breakfast, detailed information forthcoming
- Sunday, March 17: Latizmo Dancers to perform with Latizmo Productions at San Jose Museum of Art, detailed information forthcoming
- Friday, April 5: Cheer & Pound Fit Troupes invited to perform at the Cupertino De Oro Club, 1:30 – 2:30 pm.
- Sunday, April 28, Graduate Dancers & Latizmo Dream Team to perform at sjDANCEco Festival at Santana Row – details forthcoming.
- Friday, May 3: Student Networking Lounge Night: Student Swap Meet & Showcase Night, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting, 7:15 – 9 pm
- Saturday, May 4: Children’s Music, Concert Choir & Adaptive Guitar Troupes to perform at the Delta Kappa Gamma Women’s Education Sorority State Convention, 5:30 pm, Burlingame – detailed information forthcoming.
- Monday, May 13: CAA Giving Luncheon at Scott’s Seafood, 11:30 – 12:55pm.
- Friday, August 9: Student Networking Lounge Night: Karoke, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting, 7:15 – 9pm
- Thursday, October 10: CAA 10 Year Celebration Gala, Saratoga Springs, 5 – 10:10pm
- Friday, November 1: Student Networking Lounge Night: Open Mic Night, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting, 7:15 – 9pm