* Updated Time/Stage Location of Sunday’s Latizmo Performance, Santa Clara Fairgrounds, [UPDATED TIME] 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: 344 Tully Rd., San Jose 95111. The performance will be at the Expo Stage to the left of the entrance. Look for Professor De/Profe Jay at the gate at 11:15 if you need a ticket; CAA will reimburse for parking for both performances. There is not too much shade – please wear sunscreen & head covering as necessary. We will have the Latizmo LOVE hats available to wear.
* The 8th Annual Golf Classic is Now Open for Registration! Top Fundraising Team wins a Tour of Pixar in Emeryville! Date of the Golf Classic: Thursday, September 26, 2 pm at Santa Teresa Golf Club. Bring out a 3-some and CAA will put a student golfer as your 4th player – it’s a very joyful afternoon sharing the camaraderie of the love of golf! Register Here.
* Greatnonprofits Testimonials Sought on how CAA has impacted your life: CAA seeks at 8 more supporters to Share their Story of how CAA has impacted their lives. Thank you for helping to Move the Mountain for adults hungry to keep learning and becoming the best versions of themselves.
* Please enjoy CAA’s latest Blog: Honoring Two Very Special Behind-the-Scenes Mountain Movers, Richard Hermerding & Bobbi Tafoya.
* CAA received the Guidestar 2019 Seal of Transparency. Please share widely in your networks – CAA is committed to growing this innovative model one positive conversation at a time. Here is CAA’s 2018-2019 Annual Report for reference and circulation.
* In 2019, CAA has now secured 63 new monthly recurring donors;37 to go by 10/10 at 10:10 pm. If you’d like to sign up to be a recurring donor and help Move the Mountain for special needs adults hungry to continue learning and becoming successful contributing citizens, you can sign up here. CAA will send you a super-fun prize in the mail to everyone who becomes a monthly recurring donor. #CAA10YearsStrong #WeAreDifferentWeAreAble #WeAreSanJose #SuccessfulContributingCitizens #BestCollegeEver
* 10 Year Graphic Challenge: We invite anyone to submit a sketch, artwork, or poem of what CAA means to you. We will be adding all creations to the 10-year 3-D large display of the number 10 that the CAA prop class will be creating with each of your artistic submissions. Send your sketch over to Professor Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Student Bio Sheet: Please submit your student’s profile this week: We will be creating a wall of student headshots/bios in our new space in Suite 270. Here is a soft copy of the Bio Sheet; also, the questions are below if you want to send your answers electronically to CAA parent volunteer: June Beck: email@example.com to compile all Student Bios. Name:
What you would like the world to know about adults with disabilities:
Proudest CAA Moment:
* Golf Season 2019 is Here! – All Practices will be held at Santa Teresa Golf Club: Cost is $50 for golfers; do not have to be a registered CAA student to participate:
- Saturday, August 10: 10 am-Noon, 9-hole short course
Saturday, August 24: 10 am-Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
Saturday, September 7: 10 am-Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, September 21: 10 am-Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Thursday, September 26: 7th Annual CAA Golf Classic, 2 – 7:30 pm, Santa Teresa Golf Club
* A Note From Professor Danie: As the weather get’s warmer, please make sure your student drinks water to prevent dehydration. Also, please make sure all student items such as water bottles and backpacks are labeled with their names.
* Updated Donation Wish List:
Dry Erase markers low odor
Insulated Coffee Cups
Water bottles for Staff
Granola bars for Staff
* Weekly Tours happen each Friday from 1-2 when school is in session. Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
Looking Ahead on the CAA Calendar (Complete list on the Community Calendar of the CAA Website Homepage:
- [NEW DATE/TIME FORTHCOMING]: Student Networking Lounge Night: Karoke, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting, 7:15 – 9pm
- Thursday, September 26: CAA Golf Classic, Santa Teresa Golf Club, 2pm tee-off, 6pm BBQ banquet dinner
- Thursday, October 10: CAA 10 Year Celebration Gala, Saratoga Springs, 5 – 10:10pm
- Friday, November 1: Student Networking Lounge Night: Open Mic Night, + Parent Education Topic & Advisory Council Meeting, 7:15 – 9pm
CAA Donors ROCK
CAA would like to sincerely honor and salute repeat donor and golf George Gugales for believing in this equitable, lifelong collegiate model of education for adults who historically have not had access to higher education.
College of Adaptive Arts #MissionMoment
CAA promotes healthy lifestyles for the students such as eating healthy snacks and drinking water. This CAA student and former valedictorian loves to share her progress she’s making each week in her weight management program outside of CAA.
Showcasing Student Artistic Creations:
A brand new student to CAA showcased his rendition of Itsy Bitsy Spider on the piano during CAA’s Children’s Music Sing-Along Troupe class whereby adults learn children’s music with the intent of going out in the community and sharing the joy of music with children.