* This Sunday, November 18: The Children’s Music Sing-Along Troupe have been invited to perform for the children at Sunday Friends at Lowell Elementary, 625 S. 7th St., San Jose 95112. We would like to invite all CAA students who have ever been a part of Children’s Music to come and be a part of the afternoon. Sunday Friends is an outstanding organization helping wonderful San Jose families break the cycle of poverty through education and community.
* Today, Wednesday, is the last day to RSVP for Friday Evening’s CAA Annual Family Thanksgiving Dinner (7:15 – 9apm) for currently enrolled students and their parents/guardians/decision makers.
* Here is CAA’s Public Service Announcement on CreaTV thanks to the tremendous sponsor of long-standing CAA supporter and Community Leader Heritage Business Bank.
* This Friday, November 16 CAA Mountain Movers Family Potluck Thanksgiving Feast, 7:15 – 9 pm: Healthy Dessert Contest! This year CAA will be providing all the meat/turkey for the feast for CAA students, parents, and guardians. We are asking families to provide the sides, drinks, and desserts. Please RSVP to deanna@collegeofadaptivearts.
* New CAA Rotary Club of San Jose Digital Media Lab Officially Open to the Public: Hours: Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays: 3-7pm: The paint is dry. The carpets are clean. Now, all we need is you! Come to visit CAA’s new computer media lab! All are welcome! Prizes will be awarded to attendees who come to training of ViseoDesk, Scannex Scanner & Digital Media equipment! Read a book, Get IT Support, Use a computer, Preserve a memory, Relax, Read the fine print, Come to discover what else you can do! Check in with CAA Lab Techs Chris Blackstone and James Fu to get setup or to answer any questions.
* Professor Sharon Lea will be conducting short cap and gown appointments for the 2018 Graduates on Wednesday, November 14th-Friday, November 16th and on Monday, November 26th-Wednesday November 28th. Katie at katie@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Here are the Updated Steps to Registration. Latest Update: if using Regional Center funding, the CAA Bursar needs to receive a receipt of contact to begin POS processing with the Service Coordinator within 1 week of registration or students move to the Wait List for all classes. Students may not begin the new quarter if on the Wait List. All that is needed is confirmation via email the contact has been initiated to process the quarterly POS.
* Please enjoy and share widely CAA’s Latest Powerpoint on what makes this equitable collegiate model so unique and important for the lives of adults with special needs.
* College of Adaptive Arts on ABC7 Bay Area LIFE: CAA has secured an underwriter to have a full 30-minute segment dedicated to College of Adaptive Arts which will show in early 2019. Additionally, ABC7 has agreed to show the original College of Adaptive Arts Bay Area LIFE segment on Sunday 11/18 at 6:30p, then repeating on Saturday 11/24 at 6:30 pm. CAA would love it if your student could send a thank you card to the ABC7 Leadership Team for their steadfast support: c/o Darla Carter, Disney ABC Television, 900 Front Street, San Francisco, CA 94111
* Exciting news! Community Civic Leader Susan Ellenberg has agreed to be the keynote speaker this year at CAA’s Graduation and Holiday Concert Choir Ceremony on Saturday, December 15 from 2-4pm at the Historic Hoover Theatre on Park Ave.
* CAA has recently hired a part-time Bursar, Laura Shields, to help with CAA tuition payments and working with San Andreas for tuition follow-up. Please welcome Laura if you have seen her and if you see her cc’d in an email on payment, she is our newest CAA Superstaff member. Here is Laura’s Biography: Laura is new to CAA but loves how it serves our underserved community of AMAZING people and is proud to be a part of such a giving team of professionals dedicated to bringing continuing education and never-ending joy to their students through arts, education, mentoring, and confidence building. Laura is a wife to an amazing husband, mother of 4 terrific kids and a grandmother to 1 precious darling. Children have always been a big part of her life. She enjoys Cooking, Baking, Party Planning and Genealogy.
Professionally, she has a strong Administrative background. This can make her process and policy driven, but fair and ethical. Like Bobbi, Laura can populate a wicked spreadsheet. She hopes her new role as Bursar (Financial Administrator) is friendly and solution driven. “Please, don’t avoid me… I really want to see all of our students successfully participating in CAA classes. Together, we’ll make it happen!” Email: laura.shields@
* Winter Quarter will begin Monday, January 7, 2019. Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
#TransformingPerception this Week in the Community:
- Saturday, November 17: Latizmo Dancers to perform San Jose Museum of Art that is next Saturday, November 17th from 4pm-5pm inside the Wendell Education Center. Check in time: 3:45 pm, for the dancers to wear their Latizmo tank tops and hats – email Katie to confirm attendance: katie@collegeofadaptivearts.
- Sunday, November 18: Children’s Music Sing-Along Touring Troupe (Open to All CAA Students/Families), Sunday Friends, Lowell Elementary, 2-3pm, 625 S. 7th St., San Jose 95112
* New CAA Student Safety Survey – We Need Your Feedback: CAA has a new intern from San Jose State, and he has developed a Safety Survey. We would very much appreciate your input and feedback as we strive to provide the most optimal, safe, and engaging learning environment for adults with special needs. Please complete and return the survey by the Thanksgiving Holiday Break.
* Donated Item always appreciated: Paper Towels, Tissues, Dixie Cups, Plastic Utensils, Paper Plates, Coffee, Granola Bars, Clorox Wipes, Baby Wipes, Low Odor Dry Erase Markers, Paper Folders. 🙂
* CAA is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.com – College of Adaptive Arts is listed as a 501c3 charity.
- Friday, November 16: CAA Family Thanksgiving Feast, 7:15 – 9pm, CAA site.
- Saturday, December 15: CAA Graduation & Holiday Concert Choir, 2-4pm, Historic Hoover Theatre
- Saturday, December 16: CAA Performances at Christmas in the Park, 5-6pm
- Monday, January 7: CAA Winter Quarter 2019 Begins