* Reminder tomorrow at San Jose Disability Awareness Day the General Latizmo Students & the Dream Team students will be performing on stage at City Hall from 1:30 – 2pm. We’ll have the black CAA Jerseys to hand out to the students to perform. CAA classes will still be in session; all absences will be excused if they are performing with Latizmo for Disability Awareness Day.
* This Saturday, Oct 6: CAA Walking Team meets each Saturday from 8:30 – 9:30am. Email email@example.com for specific locations each week.
* This Saturday, Oct 6: End-of-Season Golf Party happens at Amato Pizza, 6081 Meridian Ave., from 11:30 – 1pm. Please note that season fees of $50 need to be paid up if you participated in bi-monthly practices this past season.
* Fall Quarter Begins This Week!! On behalf of the entire growing College of Adaptive Arts Family of Mountain Movers, we welcome all new and returning students and families to this lifelong, equitable collegiate model of education for special needs adults.
* Families using Regional Center funding need to have proof of POS proecessing prior to the start of the quarter as well as having the 2018 Policy and Waiver documents completed.
* #TransformingPerception this Week in the Community: This Thursday, October 4: Latizmo Dream Team and General Latizmo Students to perform at San Jose’s Disability Awareness Day, 1:30 – 2pm, San Jose City Hall. All CAA classes will continue to happen this day at the site. Performers will be excused from any classes they may be in during this performance time.
* Please enjoy and share widely a new College of Adaptive Arts White Paper entitled Unique Position about what makes this College so distinct and transformative.
* Please enjoy CAA’s latest Blog piece entited An Ensemble of Love.
* Here is a new video Help Us Move a Mountain Today and share widely with your networks – this equitable educational model for special needs adults is definitely gaining speed, traction, and momentum!
* CAA is on Amazon Smiles. If you are going to order anything through Amazon, College of Adaptive Arts would be deeply obliged if you could consider remembering this equitable collegiate model. Here is the smile link: https://smile.amazon.com – College of Adaptive Arts is listed as a 501c3 charity.
* Here are the CAA Instructional Quarter Dates for the rest of 2018 & for 2019 for your reference.
Looking Ahead on the CAA Calendar (Complete list on the Community Calendar of the CAA Website Homepage:
- Friday, Oct 26, Networking Lounge Night, 7:15 – 9pm – YouTube video favorites chosen by students + Brainstorming Caregiver Tips & Tricks for parent ed + Parent Advisory Council Meeting
- Sunday, November 4: 10th Annual Celebrating Abilities Short Film Fest, 2-5pm, 3Below Theatre in downtown San Jose
- Friday, November 16: CAA Family Thanksgiving Feast, 7:15 – 9pm, CAA site.
- Saturday, December 15: CAA Graduation & Holiday Concert Choir, 2-4pm, Historic Hoover Theatre
Golf Practice Dates for the Season:
- Saturday, October 6: End-of-Season Golf Team Party, Amato Pizza, 11:30am – 1pm