Pass-Along Information about a Saturday Prom-Dress Giveaway for the Night to Shine Prom (Not a CAA-event):
Below is updated info for the Prom Dress Event on Saturday Jan 11th 2020-
1735 Saratoga Ave
San Jose CA 95129
(Close to El Paseo Shopping Center)
7:30am to 1:00pm
No need to make an appointment, but please let me know if you plan to attend. -Julie 408-799-2076
* More Information about Friday Night’s The Practice of Mindfulness & Gratitude Class: Parents and careproviders are welcomed and encourage to take the class alongside your student free of charge. Professor De hopes that in sharing best practices with a broad base of support, the practice can continue throughout the week beyond just classtime. 6-7pm, Fridays.
* Winter Quarter Begins Today: Monday, January 6. The College of Adaptive Arts Mountain Movers Family looks forward to creating a rich and engaging collegiate environment of adults of all abilities to become Successful Contributing Citizens by honing and cultivating their authentic abilities.
* Winter Quarter 2020 Open Enrollment window is for the next 2 weeks through Friday, January 20. Here is the updated 2020 Course Schedule & Winter 2020 Course Description Catalog pdfs for reference and circulation.
* If using Regional Center funds, please be sure that you’ve contacted your Service Coordinator to make sure the POS is processed and and email confirmation is sent to CAA Student Registrar, Katie Zeisl, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember that CAA Quarters are now 10 weeks long vs. previously 9 weeks.
* New CAA Merchandise:
- Art Card Packs of 8: $20
- CAA Black Beanies: $20
- CAA Red Blanket Throw: $40
- Coming Soon: New CAA Cardinal Socks 🙂
* Weekly Updates Monday morning emails are now going to be coordinated through Anthony Nguyen, CAA Social Media & Communications Lead. These messages will be copied to CAA’s website on Monday as well. Weekly community performances will be updated and posted to CAA’s Community Calendar on the Homepage.
* Please visit Tony & Alba’s Pizza and Pasta on Steven’s Creek as they are the latest community partner to display CAA student artwork for enjoyment and sale on their walls. Tony & Alba’s Pizza and Pasta. Come check out the artwork and try their amazing pizza and pasta.
*New Winter Activity: CAA Gaming Team has now officially begun! For this first Winter season, we’re starting with a specific invite-only for students who have demonstrated a passion for gaming and good sportsmanship. The team will meet twice a month – the fee for the season is $50. If you’d like your student to be considered for this team, please email Gaming Team Coaches Matt Lindsay, email@example.com, Angel Gonzalez, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Angel Coronado at email@example.com.
* The Regional Center Leadership has recently approved 10-Week Quarters for 2020 + a 2 times/year POS request vs. the current 4 times/year system. This means the first 2020 POS will include Winter and Spring Quarters 2020; the second POS for the year will encompass Summer & Fall Quarters.
Full 2020 Quarter Dates Below:
• Winter Quarter: Monday, Jan. 6 – Friday, March 20 – Mid-Quarter break: 2/10- 2/14
• Spring Quarter: Monday, April 6 – Friday, June 19 – Mid- Quarter break: 5/11 – 5/15
• Summer Quarter: Monday, July 6 – Friday, September 18 – Mid-quarter break: 8/10 – 8/14
• Fall Quarter: Monday, September 28 – Friday, December 18 – Mid-quarter break: 10/26 – 10/30 & Thanksgiving break: 11/23 – 11/27
* Please enjoy CAA’s latest blog: Why We Give, by John O’Farrell & Gloria Principe, Longstanding School Underwriters of for the School of Theatre: http://www.collegeofadaptivearts.org/why-we-give-by-john-ofarrell-gloria-principe-longstanding-school-of-theatre-underwriters/
* Weekly Tours happen each Friday from 1-2 when school is in session.
Please plan to schedule a Weekly Tour
of the College each Friday school is in session to learn more about this lifelong, equitable collegiate model for special needs adults.
* Wish List of Donations to College of Adaptive Arts Always Sincerely Appreciated:
Tissues, Batteries All types, Granola Bars for Staff, Printer paper, Dry erase markers low odor, Purell hand sanitizer, Baby Wipes (For Art Classes), Paper Folders, Paper Towels