College of Adaptive Arts
Aug 27 – Sept 1: Week 7/9, Summer Quarter
We are Different. We are Able.
* Fall Registration is now Open for Currently Registered Students.
CAA is offering over 46 separate course offerings this Fall + a Weekly Walking Team + a Golf Team + upcoming Bowling & Gaming Teams.
Here is the Fall Course Schedule
& Comprehensive Course Descriptions Catalog
. Registration for new students/families opens on Saturday, September 15
. Fall Quarter beginsMonday, October 1, 2018
* Community Performance Today!!! Grad Dance And Nutcracker crew, Mon, August 27, 12:45pm – 1:45pm, Hester Elementary School, 590 Pershing Ave, San Jose, CA 95126, United States (map): Dancers: Please wear your black dance outfits, hair up, etc.
* Above is a draft idea for the back of the Golf Polos this year for the 7th Annual Golf Classic. If you are your student would like to submit a draft logo idea for the back of the polos, email it this week to Coach Jeremiah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* San Jose Opera Tickets to the Dress Rehearsal of The Abduction of the Seraglio: 10 Tickets – First Come Basis: Opera Dress Rehearsal program and have signed up for 10 tickets for CAA students and families for the season is Sept. 13, 7:30 pm @ the California Theater downtown. meet up no later than 6:45 that bight, in front of the theater on 1st Street they ask that one person pick up tickets and pass them out to their group, no individual will call show is The Abduction of the Seraglio a synopsis of show can be found here:
https://www.operasj.org/tickets/the-abduction-from-the-seraglio/. Please contact Moira Brown @ email@example.com for tickets – First come basis. Thanks!!
* Save the Date: Northrup Grumman Family Day would like the CAA performers back to perform, Saturday, Sept. 15, 10:30 – Noon – buffet lunch provided. Latizmo, Pound Fit & Cheer Squad. Email DeAnna to RSVP – all students and care providers must be U.S. Citizens per the contract agreement that Northrup Grumman has with the government. DeAnna needs to submit all student/family names ahead of time by the first week of September.
* Save the Date: The Cisco employees have invited the CAA Students out for a team-building activity at Cisco’s main campus on Friday, September 28 from noon – 5pm, lunch included. Details forthcoming – please save the date and plan to help Cisco employees #TransformPerception of possibilities. <3
* Let’s Play Golf! CAA’s 7th Annual Golf Classic Open for Registration! Register to Play or Become a Corporate Sponsor Here. Then, you can join a Student Fundraising Team to raise much-needed funds for each of CAA’s 9 Schools of Instruction. Golfers, Corporate Sponsors, & Silent Auction Donors. Call DeAnna at 408-538-3809 for more information.
CAA’s Annual Golf Classic represents its biggest fundraiser to raise much-needed resources for each of CAA’s 9 Schools of Instruction (plus a new team supporting future CAA students). Please consider joining of the following Student Fundraising Teams (not for golf team purposes), making a donation, and share widely with your friends and family
- Team Kathleen, Student Ambassador, School of Dance
- Team Trevor, Student Ambassador, School of Health & Wellness
- Team Stephanie, Student Ambassador, School of Science and Technology
- Team Ryan L., Student Ambassador, School of Music
- Team Robert, Student Ambassador, School of Theatre
- Team Oliver, Student Ambassador, School of TV/Film
- Team Ryan B., Student Ambassador, School of Library Arts
- Team Nathalie, Student Ambassador, School of Communications
- Team Alex, Student Ambassador, School of Art
- Team Morgan, Teen Ambassador, Future CAA Students
* College of Adaptive Arts would like to extend a sincere thanks to CAA Parent Donna Martinez for making a substantial donation to CAA for site supplies – you are truly and dearly appreciated!! <3
* Save The Date: CAA Graduate Theatre Troupe Performance & Reception:
Tuesday, September 18th
from 3:00 pm-4:00 pm, City Lights Theater Company: 529 S. 2nd
Street San Jose, CA 95113. Come see the CAA Graduate Theatre Troupe perform a short-adapted version of William Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night” that they have worked so hard on for the past two quarters: The house will open for the audience at 2:30 pm
and the show will begin right at 3:00 pm.
There will be a reception in the City Lights lobby following the show.
* All SARC POSs must be submitted prior to the start of each quarter to receive approval. Please reach out and confirm submission with your Service Coordinator over Intra-Quarter Break.
* The CAA Tech Team is beginning Weekly Trainings on Thursdays
[NEW TIME] for students, parents, care providers and the general public to learn how to use all of the adaptive equipment in CAA’s Digital Media Lab thanks to a generous grant from the Rotary Club of San Jose Foundation:Register Here for a Weekly Thursday Training
Looking Ahead on the CAA Calendar:
- Monday, Aug 27: CAA Graduate Dancers perform at Hester School, 12:45 – 1:45pm
- Saturday, September 8: CAA Guys & Dolls Cast Party, 3-4pm, CAA Site
- Saturday, September 15: CAA Latizmo, Pound Fit, & Cheer to perform at the Northrup Grumman Family Day, 10:30 – Noon, lunch included – must email DeAnna this week; all students/care providers must be U.S. Citizens
- Tuesday, September 18: Graduate Theatre Troupe Show, City Lights Theatre Company
- Thursday, September 20: CAA 7th Annual Golf Classic, Santa Teresa Golf Club, 2 – 7:30pm
- Friday, September 28: Team-Building Day at Cisco, 12 – 5pm, details forthcoming
- Friday, Oct 26, Networking Lounge Night, 7:15 – 9pm – YouTube video favorites chosen by students + Brainstorming Caregiver Tips & Tricks for parent ed + Parent Advisory Council Meeting
- Sunday, November 4: 10th Annual Celebrating Abilities Short Film Fest, 2-5pm, 3Below Theatre in downtown San Jose
- Friday, November 16: CAA Family Thanksgiving Feast, 7:15 – 9pm, CAA site.
- Saturday, December 15: CAA Graduation & Holiday Concert Choir, 2-4pm, Historic Hoover Theatre
Golf Practice Dates for the Season:
- Saturday, September 1: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, September 15: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Thursday, September 20: 7th Annual CAA Golf Classic, 2 – 7:30pm, STGC
- Saturday, October 6: End-of-Season Golf Team Party, Amato Pizza, 11:30am – 1pm
CAA Donors ROCK
CAA would like to sincerely honor and salute Mike Morello & Team Awesome Employees of Shine on Shirts for their monthly recurring corporate donation to the School of Art to support and investment in this equitable, lifelong collegiate model of education for adults who historically have not had access to higher education.
#CollegeofAdaptiveArts Mission Moment:
This is a feedback email sent from a CAA Parent the morning after the Networking Lounge Night/Parent Education & Advisory Meeting about one of our new School of Dance Professors: I LOVE Nicole Matarangas, she is such a spark plug with the best spirit. I don’t think I have ever seen her without a big smile on her face. Her happiness is contagious. GREAT addition to CAA!
Showcasing Student Artistic Creations:
This is an artistic creation recently displayed at Santa Clara University thanks to the wonderful student support by the SCCAP social justice organization.