* This is Week 2 of Spring Quarter, 2018. This is the last open week of add/drop for the quarter; classes will close after this Friday. All classes have to have a minimum of 5 students enrolled to continue on for the rest of the quarter.
* This Thursday!!! CAA students/families/care providers are welcomed to attend the San Jose Opera Dress Rehearsal for La Traviatta – Thursday, April 12, 7:30 p.m., at the California Theatre. Please email or text Moira Brown to reserve your tickets at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text: 408-930-8140
* Seeking more students for the following classes: Poetry, Computer IT, Clay Animation 2, 3d Art, Lyrical Dance, Student Council. Please email Student Registrar Katie Zeisl, katie@collegeofadaptivearts.
* Pound Fit Families: Please send your student with a mat tonight to the pound fit class.
* Friday Night Speaking with Confidence Families: We’re going to ask that students walk down the outside hallway to get to the conference room 270 & we we ask that Parents wait in room 270 during classtime to assist with supervision in this separate class space.
* Golf Team Practice Begins this Saturday, April 14, 10 – 12noon at the Santa Teresa Golf Club. Email Coach Jeremiah to sign up –email@example.com to sign up. Fee for the entire season: $50. Schedule for the entire season below.
* The CAA TV/Film Students under the leadership of Director Matt Lindsay have had their series nominated as a finalist for the Creative Awards at CreaTV happening Thursday, April 26 at the Forager: Here’s their show, Get Fit with Latizmo: https://www.
*Thank you so very much for all of the parents and careproviders who came out on 3/17 for the Quarterly Parent Advisory Council meeting. Here are the Meeting Minutes.
* Here are the entire 2018 Quarter Dates & New Student Registration Procedures for your reference & information to send to your Regional Center Service Coordinator.
* CAA Updated CAA Important Information Sheet: Please look for a neon orange hard copy sheet being sent home this week if you did not recieve it last week.
CAA Absence Report Line: 408-538-3809
Regional Center Vendor Code: ZS0975
Weekly Updates: An email comes out each Monday morning with the latest information happening that week at the college. It is transferred to the Latest News section on the website by Monday evening. Emailinfo@collegeofadaptivearts.org if you want your email on the Weekly Updates email list.
In Case of Emergency Out-of-Town Contacts (if Bay Area Communication is out):
CeCe Carlson (Pam’s mom in AZ): 408-892-2540 – cell
Bev Prosser (Danie’s mom in San Diego): 408-483-5604
Jill Ellenberger (DeAnna’s Mom in Indiana): 260-273-2480
Bathroom Request: If it all possible you can use the non-accessible stalls if you don’t have particular needs, that would be dearly appreciated. CAA staff is taking on making sure the stalls are stocked with toilet paper throughout the day.
2018 Quarter Dates for Reference:
Spring Quarter: April 2 – June 8;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: May 7 – 11, 2018
Summer Quarter: July 9 – September 14;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: Aug 13 – 17, 2018
Fall Quarter:October 1 – December 14;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: October 29 – Nov 2;
Thanksgiving Break Week [NO CLASSES]: Nov. 19 – 12, 2018
* The following Items always appreciated as donations: Clorox Wipes, Dixie cups, plastic table cloths (dollar store), tissues.
* Sign up for a Weekly Tour: They happen each Friday from 1-2pm when classes are in session: https://donate.
* CAA Walking Team may be exploring different places to walk. Text or call Walking Team lead Jasmina Naleid for details each week where they will be walking: firstname.lastname@example.org; 408-930-7609.
* Monday, May 7: CAA Giving Luncheon at Scott’s Seafood, 11:45 – 12:55pm.
Golf Practice Dates for the Season:
- Saturday, April 14: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice (all practices held at the Santa Teresa Golf Club)
- Saturday, April 28: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, May 5: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, May 19: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, June 2: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, June 16: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, June 30: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, July 7: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, July 28: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, August 4: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, August 25: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, September 1: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, September 15: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Thursday, September 20: 7th Annual CAA Golf Classic, 2 – 7:30pm, STGC
- Saturday, October 6: End-of-Season Golf Team Party, Amato Pizza, 11:30am – 1pm