College of Adaptive Arts
April 23 – 29, Spring Quarter 2018: Week 4/9
We are Different. We are Able.
Latest & Greatest
1) Any past outstanding POS submissions
2) Invoices for Winter Quarter missed classes beyone 2 excused absences: CAA only gets paid by SARC when students are in attendance; each missed class is $27.42 of money we don’t get from SARC, so after 3 missed classes, we ask for private payment back so we can pay the bills.
3) Submitting revised application/policy document if you haven’t already done so.
* This Saturday, April 28th: All Student Council Students. Please wear a CAA shirt. We are going to be giving Teenforce, a wonderful organization that helps foster youth get jobs, money raised by a December fundraiser. We will meet at the Tech Museum at 11:45. Students must come with a care provider, We will eat lunch with the organization and learn about their Stem program. The day will end at 4:30. Please RSVP by Tuesday, April 24th todanielle.weaver@
* The CAA Dancers will be performing at the sjDANCEco’s Festival this Sunday at Santana Row. They are truly spectacular to watch. Emailjanet@collegeofadaptivearts.
* DO YOU HAVE A CHEER UNIFORM IN YOUR CLOSET? If you are not currently in cheerleading class, please return your uniform to the office. If you join cheer again in the future, we will sign a uniform out to you. If you are in cheerleading right now but have multiple uniforms, please keep just the most recent one and bring the older uniform back. So check those drawers and closets and bring us any shells, skirts, and pom poms you are not using. Thanks, ladies!!
* Here’s the Tech Practice Schedule for this summer’s Guys & Dolls Musical at Pioneer High School for all musical theatre cast members of Guys & Dolls.
* The CAA TV/Film Students under the leadership of Director Matt Lindsay have had their series nominated as a finalist for the Creative Awards at CreaTV happening Thursday, April 26 at the Forager: Here’s their show, Get Fit with Latizmo: https://www.
* Here are the entire 2018 Quarter Dates & New Student Registration Procedures for your reference & information to send to your Regional Center Service Coordinator.
* CAA Updated CAA Important Information Sheet: Please look for a neon orange hard copy sheet being sent home this week if you did not recieve it last week.
CAA Absence Report Line: 408-538-3809
Regional Center Vendor Code: ZS0975
Weekly Updates: An email comes out each Monday morning with the latest information happening that week at the college. It is transferred to the Latest News section on the website by Monday evening. Emailinfo@collegeofadaptivearts.org if you want your email on the Weekly Updates email list.
In Case of Emergency Out-of-Town Contacts (if Bay Area Communication is out):
CeCe Carlson (Pam’s mom in AZ): 408-892-2540 – cell
Bev Prosser (Danie’s mom in San Diego): 408-483-5604
Jill Ellenberger (DeAnna’s Mom in Indiana): 260-273-2480
Bathroom Request: If it all possible you can use the non-accessible stalls if you don’t have particular needs, that would be dearly appreciated. CAA staff is taking on making sure the stalls are stocked with toilet paper throughout the day.
2018 Quarter Dates for Reference:
Spring Quarter: April 2 – June 8;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: May 7 – 11, 2018
Summer Quarter: July 9 – September 14;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: Aug 13 – 17, 2018
Fall Quarter:October 1 – December 14;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: October 29 – Nov 2;
Thanksgiving Break Week [NO CLASSES]: Nov. 19 – 12, 2018
* The following Items always appreciated as donations: Clorox Wipes, Dixie cups, plastic table cloths (dollar store), tissues.
* Sign up for a Weekly Tour: They happen each Friday from 1-2pm when classes are in session: https://donate.
* CAA Walking Team may be exploring different places to walk. Text or call Walking Team lead Jasmina Naleid for details each week where they will be walking: firstname.lastname@example.org; 408-930-7609.
* Monday, April 30: CAA Dancers to perform at Hester School, 12:45
* May 5: Almaden Relay for Life: CAA Walking Team to Walk; Latizmo & Pound Fit Troupes to Perform on Stage – details forthcoming
* May 5/6: Spring Art Faire, CAA Site, Saturday & Sunday, 10 – 3pm
* Monday, May 7: CAA Giving Luncheon at Scott’s Seafood, 11:45 – 12:55pm.
- Saturday, April 28: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, May 5: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, May 19: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, June 2: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, June 16: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, June 30: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, July 7: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, July 28: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, August 4: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, August 25: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, September 1: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, September 15: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Thursday, September 20: 7th Annual CAA Golf Classic, 2 – 7:30pm, STGC
- Saturday, October 6: End-of-Season Golf Team Party, Amato Pizza, 11:30am – 1pm
CAA Donors ROCK
- Wednesday, April 25 : CAA Children’s Music Sing-Along Troupe to perform at Chandler Tripp Preschool, 10:45 – 12:15pm
- Saturday, April 28 : CAA Walking Team, 8:30 – 9:30am, text Jasmina for location: 408-930-7609
- Saturday, April 28 : CAA Golf Team, 9-hole Practice on the Short Course, 10 – 12noon, Santa Teresa Golf Club
- Saturday, April 28 : Student Council event at the Tech Museum
- Sunday, April 29 : Graduate Dancers to perform at sjDANCEco at Santana Row – email janet@collegeofadaptivearts.
org for details