* Spring Quarter is now officially closed with a new record number of102 students enrolled! Thank you to everyone believing and investing in this new and equitable model of lifelong collegiate education for special needs adults!!
* Be on the lookout for an email/phone call coming regarding:
1) Any past outstanding POS submissions
2) Invoices for Winter Quarter missed classes beyone 2 excused absences
3) Submitting revised application/policy document if you haven’t already done so.
* Here is the Student Registration Packet & Updated Policies & Release Waivers. We ask that each family complete a new Student Registration Packet & Policy Document and return ASAP to ensure CAA has all updated information for each student/family.
* The CAA TV/Film Students under the leadership of Director Matt Lindsay have had their series nominated as a finalist for the Creative Awards at CreaTV happening Thursday, April 26 at the Forager: Here’s their show, Get Fit with Latizmo: https://www.
* Here are the entire 2018 Quarter Dates & New Student Registration Procedures for your reference & information to send to your Regional Center Service Coordinator.
* CAA Updated CAA Important Information Sheet: Please look for a neon orange hard copy sheet being sent home this week if you did not recieve it last week.
CAA Absence Report Line: 408-538-3809
Regional Center Vendor Code: ZS0975
Weekly Updates: An email comes out each Monday morning with the latest information happening that week at the college. It is transferred to the Latest News section on the website by Monday evening. Emailinfo@collegeofadaptivearts.org if you want your email on the Weekly Updates email list.
In Case of Emergency Out-of-Town Contacts (if Bay Area Communication is out):
CeCe Carlson (Pam’s mom in AZ): 408-892-2540 – cell
Bev Prosser (Danie’s mom in San Diego): 408-483-5604
Jill Ellenberger (DeAnna’s Mom in Indiana): 260-273-2480
Bathroom Request: If it all possible you can use the non-accessible stalls if you don’t have particular needs, that would be dearly appreciated. CAA staff is taking on making sure the stalls are stocked with toilet paper throughout the day.
2018 Quarter Dates for Reference:
Spring Quarter: April 2 – June 8;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: May 7 – 11, 2018
Summer Quarter: July 9 – September 14;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: Aug 13 – 17, 2018
Fall Quarter:October 1 – December 14;
Mid-Quarter Break [NO CLASSES]: October 29 – Nov 2;
Thanksgiving Break Week [NO CLASSES]: Nov. 19 – 12, 2018
* The following Items always appreciated as donations: Clorox Wipes, Dixie cups, plastic table cloths (dollar store), tissues.
* Sign up for a Weekly Tour: They happen each Friday from 1-2pm when classes are in session: https://donate.
* CAA Walking Team may be exploring different places to walk. Text or call Walking Team lead Jasmina Naleid for details each week where they will be walking: firstname.lastname@example.org; 408-930-7609.
* Wednesday, April 25: Children’s Music Sing-Along Troupe at Chandlerr Tripp Preschool, 10:45am
* May 5: Almaden Relay for Life: CAA Walking Team to Walk; Latizmo & Pound Fit Troupes to Perform on Stage – details forthcoming
* May 5/6: Spring Art Faire, CAA Site, Saturday & Sunday, 10 – 3pm
* Monday, May 7: CAA Giving Luncheon at Scott’s Seafood, 11:45 – 12:55pm.
Golf Practice Dates for the Season:
- Saturday, April 28: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, May 5: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, May 19: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, June 2: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, June 16: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, June 30: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, July 7: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, July 28: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, August 4: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, August 25: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Saturday, September 1: 10am – Noon, 9-hole short course
- Saturday, September 15: 10am – Noon, Driving Range/Putting Green Practice
- Thursday, September 20: 7th Annual CAA Golf Classic, 2 – 7:30pm, STGC
- Saturday, October 6: End-of-Season Golf Team Party, Amato Pizza, 11:30am – 1pm